Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 669130 times)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Board Moderator
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Twitch Napoleonic Wars League 101e vs. 18th Friday 8pm EST
« Reply #780 on: March 27, 2015, 07:47:31 am »
It was some peoples opinions that have been dealt with and they have apologized, nothing to fret about,

Okay cool, just saw Bean's post was rather recent so I figured it was a current issue, not a past one.

Offline stox

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stoxworth [12te]
« Reply #781 on: March 27, 2015, 08:01:11 am »
How can you say you haven't watched a single match, and then proceed to say they weren't close or worth watching?? You literally forfeit knowledge of both those criteria by not bothering to watch the matches.

Solid point. I must have missed a few games that you are talking about. I guess each time i have gotten on to see whos playing this week, i havent noticed any strong matches in my opinion.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #782 on: March 27, 2015, 12:28:59 pm »
How can you say you haven't watched a single match, and then proceed to say they weren't close or worth watching?? You literally forfeit knowledge of both those criteria by not bothering to watch the matches.

Solid point. I must have missed a few games that you are talking about. I guess each time i have gotten on to see whos playing this week, i havent noticed any strong matches in my opinion.

I think what Stox is trying to say is when these strong regiments go up against the new less experienced and mostly just bad one's there is pretty much no chance also Stox the league isn't the main attraction here its the tournament at the end of the season. They are separated so they all have a chance to compete in the tournament instead of being knocked out right now

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #783 on: March 27, 2015, 12:51:23 pm »
Yeah these are literally the qualifying stages of the TNWL. The entertaining matchup of 18th vs. 3eVolt vs. 71st vs. 63e will come eventually, but itd kind of kill the competition of they were all in the group stage together. Sure, itd be an entertaining group stage but 2 of those regiments wouldnt make it through while some other smaller regiments ,which would probably be alot weaker, would make it through. The whole point of the group stage is just literally to be fair to everyone, not be the competitively entertaining part of the TNWL.

Offline Cman0123

• Sergeant Major
  • Lets circle Jerk
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Adolf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #784 on: March 27, 2015, 03:57:59 pm »
I'm just putting my 2 cents in which, is opposite of grimsights post a while back. But we have all these regiments and most people know who the good regiments are, y are we even twitch recording these battles that are going to be landslides. This whole competitive who is going to be the best doesnt really matter. This league should be for entertainment purposes. I havent watched a single match bc they have not even been close or worth watching. You put 18th vs 63e or 71st vs 3e regiments with close to equal skill lvl. Its fun to watch. Its just like any other automatching system n any game, you play people around your skill lvl. y? because its entertaining.

I know its too late to change things but i dont see this league picking up viewers or anything of real matter until you get matches that actually will be close.

I saw a few groups where some of the regiments will have good matches and others look like a fucking joke.

I give no shits, about being the best in the NA. I just want to have entertaining matches and line battles.

Am i need the wrong league?

How can you say you haven't watched a single match, and then proceed to say they weren't close or worth watching?? You literally forfeit knowledge of both those criteria by not bothering to watch the matches. Our match vs 4e for example, the final score was 7-3. Which may not seem close, but if you watch the match, if two 1v1's would've gone our way it could've ended up 5-5 (not trying to start anything with 4e, you guys deserve the win and it was fun, it's just an example why matches should be watched to determine their closeness instead of just looking at the posted end result). 17th vs FG ended 6-4, How is that not close?? Yes, the 18th vs 63e and 3e vs 71st would be entertaining, but how is it fair to other regiments if those matches are the only ones being casted? It's the Twitch Napoleonic Wars League, not the Twitch for the top 8 regiments forget everyone else Napoleonic League.

Also how are we to know it's a landslide? We can assume it will be a landslide, but what if a regiment comes out stronger than we think and takes an unexpected win? Or landslides the regiment the majority thought would landslide them? I would hate to miss that just because of an assumption that the match would suck.

Godfreid going ham on the forums today boys.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #785 on: March 27, 2015, 09:24:20 pm »
84e is going to win so why even bother playing right? ;)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #786 on: March 27, 2015, 09:44:45 pm »
Yeah these are literally the qualifying stages of the TNWL. The entertaining matchup of 18th vs. 3eVolt vs. 71st vs. 63e will come eventually, but itd kind of kill the competition of they were all in the group stage together. Sure, itd be an entertaining group stage but 2 of those regiments wouldnt make it through while some other smaller regiments ,which would probably be alot weaker, would make it through. The whole point of the group stage is just literally to be fair to everyone, not be the competitively entertaining part of the TNWL.
i cri when no mention 58e

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
  • Side: Union
« Reply #787 on: March 27, 2015, 09:46:10 pm »
i cri when no mention 58e
Spoiler
[close]
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #788 on: March 27, 2015, 09:49:43 pm »
Would anyone like to have a scrim tonight at 8:30 EST?

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #789 on: March 27, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »
TNWL is a growing empire.

All hail Emperor Jorge! Conqueror of the forum threads. King of the 1v1 scene. Sultan of Twitch NW.

Jorge will show us the way!

Lawbringer

« Reply #790 on: March 27, 2015, 10:11:22 pm »
58e most underrated regiment confirmed

I'd say we r prity decent bawt I guess yall don think so  :-X
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:16:14 pm by Lawbringer »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #791 on: March 27, 2015, 11:15:15 pm »

I Think 58e is good

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #792 on: March 27, 2015, 11:16:49 pm »

58e is a underrated regiment, they got a lot of talent and good leadership.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #793 on: March 27, 2015, 11:26:16 pm »
TNWL is a growing empire.

All hail Emperor Jorge! Conqueror of the forum threads. King of the 1v1 scene. Sultan of Twitch NW.

Jorge will show us the way!
it's spreading.

we've had to say this in the 8th for years, finally it's catching on!
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #794 on: March 27, 2015, 11:33:07 pm »

I Think 58e is good

Good at sucking dick... J/K 58e is cute ya know. :-*