Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 669124 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Spoiler
That post just embodies the cancer that is Twitch NWL

icri errytime  :'(
Do you come on the forums just to start shit with me everyday?
And here you are continuing it by making him reply, seriously dude stop not the time or place
[close]
I quite agree, its no longer a problem.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Kovyjack

• Captain
  • I'm gay, no homo though.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.21
  • Side: Union
Spoiler
That post just embodies the cancer that is Twitch NWL

icri errytime  :'(
Do you come on the forums just to start shit with me everyday?
And here you are continuing it by making him reply, seriously dude stop not the time or place
[close]
I quite agree, its no longer a problem.

Ditto.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Board Moderator
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Twitch Napoleonic Wars League 101e vs. 18th Friday 8pm EST
« Reply #767 on: March 27, 2015, 03:50:12 am »
Erhm, I'd just like to inform whoever updates the Challonge stats, that we haven't received our W+3pts for our match vs 17th on Tuesday and Fiend Gaming hasn't received the L for our match vs them on Saturday either. Both Nr48KH and FG are 1-1-0 for some reason (but we're listed as 3rd in our group when we should be 2nd). Not to be a bother, just informing.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #768 on: March 27, 2015, 05:56:13 am »
I will say this once and one time only.  I took a low jab at NA GFing and i realize what I did was wrong.  I acknowledge unlike many of you on here of when I fuck and make a mistake. Now If you have an issue with someone like me, a former bushpirate who has been taking this TNWL seriously, than anyone can please talk to me about issues they have.  I understand peoples concerns, I get it, believe me, but for you to openly bash TNWL calling it cancer is just hilarious.  TNWL is for the COMMUNITY not for the top 5 regs this enables all regiments to have a chance to win, to prove themselves, to get what they are worth.  Legit who are you to say that TNWL is shit who are you? Honestly somebody who has big chip on his shoulder over things and how TNWL appeals to more people than NANWL.  If you want to talk shit go somewhere else I dont need to see what you have to say if your going to be a troll that talks about cancer and who thinks he is better than everyone else.  I am done on that issue.

On a much lighter note I will be talking to the 12eme about the match forfeit.  This goes for all regiments that forfeit, I will talk to you about it, so make sure you have a good reason as to why you do so.  Thanks ;D

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #769 on: March 27, 2015, 06:00:56 am »
Already ahead of you bean ;)

Talked with the 12e, it seems that will is no longer the leader of their regiment, their new leader hasnt been determined yet but they arent disbanding and they would like to do a rematch against the 18th

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #770 on: March 27, 2015, 06:31:09 am »

Talked with the 12e, it seems that will is no longer the leader of their regiment, their new leader hasnt been determined yet but they arent disbanding and they would like to do a rematch against the 18th
If the 18th will agree to that I think that sounds fair.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
« Reply #771 on: March 27, 2015, 06:41:34 am »

I just spoke to a 12e representative, I've told him that we're definitely game to a reschedule, it's just a matter of when for us since we're booked full until Monday at the moment.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 27, 2015, 06:46:39 am »
Spoiler

I just spoke to a 12e representative, I've told him that we're definitely game to a reschedule, it's just a matter of when for us since we're booked full until Monday at the moment.
[close]
Just try to get it done ASAPso we can get the next group going, preferably before the end of the month! :D

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline stox

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stoxworth [12te]
« Reply #773 on: March 27, 2015, 06:46:55 am »
I'm just putting my 2 cents in which, is opposite of grimsights post a while back. But we have all these regiments and most people know who the good regiments are, y are we even twitch recording these battles that are going to be landslides. This whole competitive who is going to be the best doesnt really matter. This league should be for entertainment purposes. I havent watched a single match bc they have not even been close or worth watching. You put 18th vs 63e or 71st vs 3e regiments with close to equal skill lvl. Its fun to watch. Its just like any other automatching system n any game, you play people around your skill lvl. y? because its entertaining.

I know its too late to change things but i dont see this league picking up viewers or anything of real matter until you get matches that actually will be close.

I saw a few groups where some of the regiments will have good matches and others look like a fucking joke.

I give no shits, about being the best in the NA. I just want to have entertaining matches and line battles.

Am i need the wrong league?

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 27, 2015, 06:50:44 am »
I can understand what you mean Stox, but this way it will get down to the best regiments facing off in the finals making it even more exciting imo, kinda like CS GO, if a match is Fnatic vs NiP it will have a lot more viewers than Fnatic vs SKDC. It starts off slow but as regiments begin to get eliminated, things shouls heat up i hope!

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
« Reply #775 on: March 27, 2015, 06:54:51 am »
I'm just putting my 2 cents in which, is opposite of grimsights post a while back. But we have all these regiments and most people know who the good regiments are, y are we even twitch recording these battles that are going to be landslides. This whole competitive who is going to be the best doesnt really matter. This league should be for entertainment purposes. I havent watched a single match bc they have not even been close or worth watching. You put 18th vs 63e or 71st vs 3e regiments with close to equal skill lvl. Its fun to watch. Its just like any other automatching system n any game, you play people around your skill lvl. y? because its entertaining.

I know its too late to change things but i dont see this league picking up viewers or anything of real matter until you get matches that actually will be close.

I saw a few groups where some of the regiments will have good matches and others look like a fucking joke.

I give no shits, about being the best in the NA. I just want to have entertaining matches and line battles.

Have you read in-depth how it works? The qualifying regiments will face each other in the 16 reg bracket. It's modeled like the FIFA World Cup. One of the high points of the group stage is so that the second place regiments in groups will also be able to participate in the advanced brackets. Not only that, but there are two of the 16 reg brackets, so the matches will be balanced on either end.

I wish I could help answer this, but I truly have no comprehension as to what it is inquiring.

Offline stox

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stoxworth [12te]
« Reply #776 on: March 27, 2015, 07:00:52 am »
Well, i guess ill just wait.

and by the am i n the right league question.

I find 1v1s fun. Not politics of a game, nor being able to say "BEST NA BITCHES!"

I just want to make sure this league is for entertainment, and fun.

Not another title to put under a signature or spam across the servers.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 27, 2015, 07:02:08 am »
I will say this once and one time only.  I took a low jab at NA GFing and i realize what I did was wrong.  I acknowledge unlike many of you on here of when I fuck and make a mistake. Now If you have an issue with someone like me, a former bushpirate who has been taking this TNWL seriously, than anyone can please talk to me about issues they have.  I understand peoples concerns, I get it, believe me, but for you to openly bash TNWL calling it cancer is just hilarious.  TNWL is for the COMMUNITY not for the top 5 regs this enables all regiments to have a chance to win, to prove themselves, to get what they are worth.  Legit who are you to say that TNWL is shit who are you? Honestly somebody who has big chip on his shoulder over things and how TNWL appeals to more people than NANWL.  If you want to talk shit go somewhere else I dont need to see what you have to say if your going to be a troll that talks about cancer and who thinks he is better than everyone else.  I am done on that issue.

On a much lighter note I will be talking to the 12eme about the match forfeit.  This goes for all regiments that forfeit, I will talk to you about it, so make sure you have a good reason as to why you do so.  Thanks ;D

Umm what??? Who's called it cancer?? This is probably one of the greatest ideas I've come across in NW since I started in 2012. Both myself and my Regiment came out of a practical retirement (our match vs FG was our first battle in a year) to be apart of this league, because it's finally something to do other then monotonous line battles that are basically the equivalent of an old men's Saturday pick up hockey game (sorry, Canadian). If someone inside the league has called it cancer, I urge you to help us cure the cancer and gtfo. If someone outside the league has called it cancer then I'd urge you to pay closer attention to the topic before speaking on it.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 27, 2015, 07:03:50 am »
It was some peoples opinions that have been dealt with and they have apologized, nothing to fret about,

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 27, 2015, 07:40:55 am »

How can you say you haven't watched a single match, and then proceed to say they weren't close or worth watching?? You literally forfeit knowledge of both those criteria by not bothering to watch the matches. Our match vs 4e for example, the final score was 7-3. Which may not seem close, but if you watch the match, if two 1v1's would've gone our way it could've ended up 5-5 (not trying to start anything with 4e, you guys deserve the win and it was fun, it's just an example why matches should be watched to determine their closeness instead of just looking at the posted end result). 17th vs FG ended 6-4, How is that not close?? Yes, the 18th vs 63e and 3e vs 71st would be entertaining, but how is it fair to other regiments if those matches are the only ones being casted? It's the Twitch Napoleonic Wars League, not the Twitch for the top 8 regiments forget everyone else Napoleonic League.

Also how are we to know it's a landslide? We can assume it will be a landslide, but what if a regiment comes out stronger than we think and takes an unexpected win? Or landslides the regiment the majority thought would landslide them? I would hate to miss that just because of an assumption that the match would suck.