Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 669129 times)

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
Re: Twitch Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #4320 on: June 23, 2015, 09:58:04 pm »
You fail to see the point that those are inactive and the 18th is technically. The application was also posted by chantakey. So what if caribou was still in the 18th, then played for both teams and may screw the 8th or 63e over because carribou has a history of doing things like that. Why set up bad situations when we can prevent them before they happen?

Having all these exceptions and letting things slide is what made this league so shitty in the first place.

And Alex, your reg was always cheating wherever you could. I have caught you far too many times with breaking the rules.

Here's why your rule is not needed:
1. I can go double reg without having to be in their steam group
2. I can go double reg, join their group, and just make my profile private

The rule can be bypassed by anyone trying to do so maliciously, meanwhile the only people you'll catch are just innocent reg players. You know how we actually find out who is double regging? By finding them in their linebattles. Groups don't mean anything.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:59:52 pm by Grimsight »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4321 on: June 23, 2015, 10:04:20 pm »
So, someone straighten this out for me. Lawbringer is arguing about people being in steam groups. Now he's saying it's fine if they're in them as long as they're only active in one regiment?

Ikr? Is also funny cause lawbringer has been the biggest critic of cancerkey, but now had to change his definition of double regging to keep 4/5ths  of his regiment from getting black listed.

Lawbringer

« Reply #4322 on: June 23, 2015, 10:12:20 pm »
I didn't change my definition at all.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: June 23, 2015, 10:14:06 pm »
That so? All that groaning about cancerkeys  having members from inactive regiments/regiments outside the competition says otherwise.

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #4324 on: June 23, 2015, 10:14:28 pm »
I've never understood the point of joining multiple regiments. Wouldn't you want to be with something that you know is going to last for years rather than something that is only around for a little while?

This is directed at no one in particular.
I understand that point of view, but, with me and my group, it is more of a boredom thing. We all enjoy playing with each other and we get that vibe to try and play again. I've made it clear this time that we'll not be coming back.
FUCK ME ALEX
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4325 on: June 23, 2015, 10:14:36 pm »
Well let's keep in mind this league is no where near as strict as NANWL, so if the steam group rule isn't used here that's just how it is. Two completely different leagues, let's not confuse them.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #4326 on: June 23, 2015, 10:15:16 pm »
It is so hard to take you seriously when your avatar and signature are animated 12-13 year old girls
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: June 23, 2015, 10:16:25 pm »

The rule can be bypassed by anyone trying to do so maliciously, meanwhile the only people you'll catch are just innocent reg players. You know how we actually find out who is double regging? By finding them in their linebattles. Groups don't mean anything.

If you could address these points maybe this discussion is worth having

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #4328 on: June 23, 2015, 10:16:57 pm »
The point is, it is pretty gay when top level players shift teams frequently. I think we all agree on that. I however do not see any point in steam groups as they are nearly impossible to keep up to date. That being said i definitely agree with Blades post about how this league has been very inconsistent with their rules and the way they handle issues is not at all equal for everyone in each case.

This league has also attempted to handle situations by allowing the mass horde of FSE to comment and give their input on nearly every possible issue. That is the core problem here. The staff running the event need to be decisive and authoritative. Not democratic, this is (supposed) a event with rules not a fucking presidential campaign where every topic is up for discussion or debate.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: June 23, 2015, 10:17:07 pm »
It is so hard to take you seriously when your avatar and signature are animated 12-13 year old girls

And they wonder why we call them weebs.

Lawbringer

« Reply #4330 on: June 23, 2015, 10:17:38 pm »

Even so, it doesn't hurt to eliminate the possibility

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: June 23, 2015, 10:18:49 pm »
The point is, it is pretty gay when top level players shift teams frequently. I think we all agree on that. I however do not see any point in steam groups as they are nearly impossible to keep up to date. That being said i definitely agree with Blades post about how this league has been very inconsistent with their rules and the way they handle issues is not at all equal for everyone in each case.

This league has also attempted to handle situations by allowing the mass horde of FSE to comment and give their input on nearly every possible issue. That is the core problem here. The staff running the event need to be decisive and authoritative. Not democratic, this is (supposed) a event with rules not a fucking presidential campaign where every topic is up for discussion or debate.
You know, its been a while Marx.

+1
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #4332 on: June 23, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »

You know, its been a while Marx.

+1

I may hate you but I still love you. :-*

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: June 23, 2015, 10:21:18 pm »

Even so, it doesn't hurt to eliminate the possibility

Even so? So do you admit that this will happen?:
The rule can be bypassed by anyone trying to do so maliciously, meanwhile the only people you'll catch are just innocent reg players.

What possibility are we eliminating exactly?

Lawbringer

« Reply #4334 on: June 23, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »
If they just leave their steam groups of active NA regs it makes me sleep more soundly at night.

Edit: Ones that they are not a part of