Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 669106 times)

Offline jorgesi101

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th Col Jorge
  • Side: Neutral
Name: KovyTheBrown
Steam(with link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/Kovyjack/
Previous Regiment(the one before your current regiement): 63e
Current Regiment: 58e
Why should we allow you to continue playing in the league?: I don't see why not. Left the regiment because I didn't like the situation. Joined another regiment. Nothing more, Nothing less.

Accepted and Reg locked

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
hey guise I ever tell u how mlg I am?
yes?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Suns

Name: Rudeboy, Sven, Samurai, Gandalf,Marksman, Razar, PancakesJr. I'm Belgish
Steam(with link):
Rudeboy:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083782278/
Sven:
 https://steamcommunity.com/id/svenisrlybestNA/
Samurai:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081640625/
Gandalf:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093906086/
Marksman:
 https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081518839/
Razar:
 https://steamcommunity.com/id/FrigOffRicky/
PancakesJr:
 https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065530804/
I'm Belgish:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ZHqVyFWy/

Previous Regiment(the one before your current regiement): 5th, 84e
Current Regiment: 75th
Why should we allow you to continue playing in the league?: 5th guys
Lol.

Offline Chev

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Uhh sven no longer in ur reg....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
Why don't we all just use a completely flat custom map?

You know ive always wondered why there is no official LBing maps like that the way there are tourny maps.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy

You know ive always wondered why there is no official LBing maps like that the way there are tourny maps.

Suns

Pretty easy to do. Takes only like 5 - 15 mins. Might do it myself, but I lost my modders motivation long ago...

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Pretty easy to do. Takes only like 5 - 15 mins. Might do it myself, but I lost my modders motivation long ago...

Thats the point. I am not a modder/mapper myself but like making a good set of 3-4 good balanced LBing maps would only take 2 hours max, yet its never been done. Meanwhile people are blowing days making swag looking training/tournament maps specifically for their regiment.

Suns

Thats the point. I am not a modder/mapper myself but like making a good set of 3-4 good balanced LBing maps would only take 2 hours max, yet its never been done. Meanwhile people are blowing days making swag looking training/tournament maps specifically for their regiment.
Huh, this slightly motivates me. I'll look into it further tomorrow and see if I can finish it.  ;)

No gurantees.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Great.

Also about this 75th thing, I think it brings up a long running issue in the league that I think needs to be addressed (and probably debated) in more detail (though I think currently people are arguing the wrong points and fighting on the wrong side of the issue). I think  this problem with the league that needs to be addressed and fixed before next season is how tightly it plans to regulates which player can play for which regiments.

My opinion is that this league is trying to hard to regulate players and prevent people from competing. A fact of NW is that competitive regiments are the most unstable, as you cant keep up a winstreak or rigorous training/linebattling schedules forever. Because of this, competitive regiments are often breaking down because of different reasons, causing players to go out in search of other regiments. These players dont look for other regiments because they are bad people, they look for other regiments cause they arent comfortable with the situation in their old regiments and would really like to seek a new, more comfortable, less stressful, a whole lot less dramatic, experience. This happens all the time in NW, with roughly one regiment a month succumbing to inactivity or other drama, and the TNWL should not strain itself to review every single player who is switching regiments because of these dramatic occurences, and just let the players play the game.

On the flipside of this, you have non-competitive regiments such as the 1stEPG who have been around before I started playing NW and will probably continue playing after I stop playing NW. These regiments are extremely stable and are not focused so much on the win but on just participating. These regiments tend to shy away from tournaments such as these. Now you are probably wondering why I am talking about these non-competitive regiments that arent in the tournament. I brought them up because of the players, talented competitive players who dont often get the opportunity to compete in these tournaments as their regiment does not want to risk its stability in such pursuits. Alot of people would tell those players to just leave, but when you have been friends with the same people for years at a time and you have become one loyal motherfucker, it aint that simple. I fully believe in these players rights to find a team and play in the tournament with another regiment (as long as their original regiment is not in the tournament). I think every player should be allowed to compete with the team of their choosing, and if a team they chose gets eliminated, then they too are eliminated

I think I see it pretty black and white.
"Are you on a team in the tournament? 'No'. Were you? 'No.' Then you can play" or
"Are you on a team in the tournament? 'No'. Were you on a team? 'Yes' Did your team get eliminated? 'No'. Then you can play as long as you dont be a retard and start switching some more."
Really, I think reviewing player transfers should only happen if a regiment notices someone blatantly abusing everything then reports it, and only then. It shouldnt be a mandatory thing for every player.

Yeah so thats what I think.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:09:33 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
Great.

Also about this 75th thing, I think it brings up a long running issue in the league that I think needs to be addressed (and probably debated) in more detail (though I think currently people are arguing the wrong points and fighting on the wrong side of the issue). I think  this problem with the league that needs to be addressed and fixed before next season is how tightly it plans to regulates which player can play for which regiments.

My opinion is that this league is trying to hard to regulate players and prevent people from competing. A fact of NW is that competitive regiments are the most unstable, as you cant keep up a winstreak or rigorous training/linebattling schedules forever. Because of this, competitive regiments are often breaking down because of different reasons, causing players to go out in search of other regiments. These players dont look for other regiments because they are bad people, they look for other regiments cause they arent comfortable with the situation in their old regiments and would really like to seek a new, more comfortable, less stressful, a whole lot less dramatic, experience. This happens all the time in NW, with roughly one regiment a month succumbing to inactivity or other drama, and the TNWL should not strain itself to review every single player who is switching regiments because of these dramatic occurences, and just let the players play the game.

On the flipside of this, you have non-competitive regiments such as the 1stEPG who have been around before I started playing NW and will probably continue playing after I stop playing NW. These regiments are extremely stable and are not focused so much on the win but on just participating. These regiments tend to shy away from tournaments such as these. Now you are probably wondering why I am talking about these non-competitive regiments that arent in the tournament. I brought them up because of the players, talented competitive players who dont often get the opportunity to compete in these tournaments as their regiment does not want to risk its stability in such pursuits. Alot of people would tell those players to just leave, but when you have been friends with the same people for years at a time and you have become one loyal motherfucker, it aint that simple. I fully believe in these players rights to find a team and play in the tournament with another regiment (as long as their original regiment is not in the tournament). I think every player should be allowed to compete with the team of their choosing, and if a team they chose gets eliminated, then they too are eliminated

I think I see it pretty black and white.
"Are you on a team in the tournament? 'No'. Were you? 'No.' Then you can play" or
"Are you on a team in the tournament? 'No'. Were you on a team? 'Yes' Did your team get eliminated? 'No'. Then you can play as long as you dont be a retard and start switching some more."
Really, I think reviewing player transfers should only happen if a regiment notices someone blatantly abusing everything then reports it, and only then. It shouldnt be a mandatory thing for every player.

Yeah so thats what I think.
we already discussed it lol. Don't worry.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
You probably have but unless theres a recording somewhere or its in writing, people gon bitch. Youd think you would know that after 233 pages of raging flame and e-peen.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
Y'all make this so much more difficult than it needs to be cx

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
jorge is the Vin Scully of NW. Really enjoying his casting... that is all.

Spoiler
Had to be at least one positive post ffs.
[close]

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
Well we have yet to see 75th play w/o their double reggers so

I hate to ask but do you get off on pissing other people off like I am dead serious.  Seems to me that you enjoy pushing people's buttons to be honest I don't care I am just curious?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:38:48 pm by Nitram »