Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 669139 times)

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
Sitting on a spawn hill and shooting the entire time a regiment marches over to you does you no good.

All that decides is whether or not you can win with a tremendous advantage.

You don't need to be better at melee to win a line battle, nor do you need to camp on the tallest hill you can find.

If you have a tremendous advantage? 1v1s aren't group fights, they're linebattles

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
It honestly makes no sense  why would u go and charge a regiment who's very good at melee  and who can probably beat us in melee all the time why charge head on when u can just shoot them it's like Austrian landwher charging the old guard lol why would u charge a very good regiment Why not just play defensively like for instance we charged PSG all the time in our match but they were using better defensive tactics so they beat us and deserved the win  idk why some people think it's bad that u use what u have to your advantage somehow

Its looked down upon because as you said, why fight a regiment that is better than you on fair ground.

Its a linebattle, not groupfighting. Use the terrain to your advantage.

You win or you lose, no excuses.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:10:17 am by Marceaux »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
Sitting on a spawn hill and shooting the entire time a regiment marches over to you does you no good.

You don't need to be better at melee to win a line battle, nor do you need to camp on the tallest hill you can find.

If you have a tremendous advantage? 1v1s aren't group fights, they're linebattles
Wrong- 1v1s are groupfights. You think line charges becomes a whole bunch of duels?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux

Wrong- 1v1s are groupfights. You think line charges becomes a whole bunch of duels?

No they are not, groupfighting is just one part of the 1v1 pie. :P

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Like it or not, melee is what wins linebattles, not shooting- ask the 12th, 9y, 71st, 63e, 3e, any powerful regiment in NA or EU. Even though you might be a hill camp leader, melee is still that catalyst of decision. Grim mentioned the 9y 5v20ing the 3e- that goes to show that melee wins linebattles.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee

Like it or not, melee is what wins linebattles, not shooting- ask the 12th, 9y, 71st, 63e, 3e, any powerful regiment in NA or EU. Even though you might be a hill camp leader, melee is still that catalyst of decision. Grim mentioned the 9y 5v20ing the 3e- that goes to show that melee wins linebattles.
\
Best melee regs vs all other regs, let's see who wins

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile

\
Best melee regs vs all other regs, let's see who wins
melee reg, tots.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV

The first time we beat the 12th we shot them to death. I have yet to be in a 1v1 where there are consecutive rounds where shooting doesn't happen. Look at it like this: 71st vs 9y, 9y have superior melee. Why just keep charging where you will just get demolished? Shooting is necessary at times to secure the win. A win is a win... doesn't matter how you get it...

Spoiler
Note: Take my statements lightly. I have only led in one competitive 1v1 in my two years of NW so I do not have the experience under my belt.
[close]

EDIT: In before I get rekt by Grimsight
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:09:40 am by Superbad »

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt

Melee does win linebattles, but so does leadership. The 9y case is extreme and I brought it up only to illustrate that point that sometimes a defeat is certain and it shouldn't break your spirit. But once again, the 9y case is extreme and the vast majority of linebattles are not going to end successfully in 5v20s or 10v20s. There are some 1v1s the 3eVolt would not have won if I didn't make sure that we had a huge advantage before melee breaking out. And that advantage is through ranged combat.

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
Grim, you type like you talk.

I love you.
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
It honestly makes no sense  why would u go and charge a regiment who's very good at melee  and who can probably beat us in melee all the time why charge head on when u can just shoot them it's like Austrian landwher charging the old guard lol why would u charge a very good regiment Why not just play defensively like for instance we charged PSG all the time in our match but they were using better defensive tactics so they beat us and deserved the win  idk why some people think it's bad that u use what u have to your advantage somehow

Its looked down upon because as you said, why fight a regiment that is better than you on fair ground.

Its a linebattle, not groupfighting. Use the terrain to your advantage.

Touche but linebattles are not just sitting on hills. I think the reverse extreme of this scenario that I dont know why people arent bringing up is when both regiments hill camp. Nothing gets done, LBs take forever, and are insanely boring. Thats not linebattling, thats being a total pansy, which is why hillcamping is looked down upon. I have been in many LBs with the 18th/9y/12th/7thRF where we have just gotten totally sick of the other regiment hillcamping so we do the same, and guess what? we kick their butts. Its boring as hell and nobody wants to do it, but apparently boring the enemy to death is  a "legitimate tactic".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:16:59 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Besides I challenge all you hill camping supporters to sit down and watch a TNWL match that lasts two hours where both regiments hill camp. Im sure you could all appreciate the "Legitimate tactics" that both regiments are using as they trade (or sometimes do not trade volleys at all) volleys across the map, getting a kill about once every 5 minutes.

Lawbringer

Apoc welcome to MemeW

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Apoc welcome to MemeW

I am just raging mad because I am not new to MemeW, where people are now apparently trying to justify a tactic that literally anyone can do because it takes no brainpower or skill.

Offline jorgesi101

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th Col Jorge
I brought an idea with godfried of doing a special 1 v 1 at the end of TNWL, an all star Canadian team vs an all star American team. what do you guys think