Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 669111 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Twitch Napoleonic Wars League 1tes(2pp) vs PSG at Sunday may 24 9pm EST
« Reply #2550 on: May 31, 2015, 12:38:38 am »
You joining alters the 3e's line up.

So are you saying if I had joined 3e after the group stage, that it would not alter their lineup? like what. + lineups change in Sports, Esports, and every manner of competition dude, its not a big deal.

Btw how is John sanders treating the 84e? You seem pretty content with his punishment that is a lock to the 84e. That seems pretty light for him hopping around regiments so much, like you know from the 18th after they played their TNWL matches to the 84e as they play theirs. Also, didnt he join your regiment in the middle of group A? Do correct me if I am wrong.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2551 on: May 31, 2015, 12:41:25 am »
You joining alters the 3e's line up.

So are you saying if I had joined 3e after the group stage, that it would not alter their lineup? like what. + lineups change in Sports, Esports, and every manner of competition.

Btw how is John sanders treating the 84e? You seem pretty content with his punishment that is a lock to the 84e. That seems pretty light for him hopping around regiments so much, like you know from the 18th after they played their TNWL matches to the 84e as they play theirs. Also, didnt he join your regiment in the middle of group A? Do correct me if I am wrong.

Sanders was with us before we played 3eVolt, so yes you are wrong. You are un-happy you cant play this round, get over it and play next round? What is the big deal here?

And obviously it would alter the line up but i don't see Lebron James switching teams in the NBA finals.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 31, 2015, 12:53:02 am »
i don't see Lebron James switching teams in the NBA finals.

This aint the finals buddy

Besides, Looking further into the John Sanders transfer, his transfer was not accepted until May 30th (or 29th in our time I guess), but your match with 3eVolt was the 25th. Therefore, you played with an illegal player and got no punishment. Interesting.

Also, that means you changed your lineup in the middle of the group, which is apparently a huge no no. Yet, all he seems to get is a regimental lock. Hmmm....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:54:55 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 31, 2015, 12:56:48 am »

Besides, Looking further into the John Sanders transfer, his transfer was not accepted until May 30th, but your match with 3eVolt was the 25th. Therefore, you played with an illegal player and got no punishment. Interesting.

Also, that means you changed your lineup in the middle of the group, which is apparently a huge no no. Yet, all he seems to get is a regimental lock. Hmmm....

You are really showing you have no idea what you are talking about. Jorge approved it via steam long before the app was posted. Also please show me Maccle and Meltzers transfer request? Exactly now just stop before you continue to rant on a subject you are clearly lost in.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 31, 2015, 01:02:57 am »
Why do I have to show you shit? I am just a player. I do not have anything to do with them (Maccle/Meltzer). You however are a regimental leader and a referee/admin for the TNWL, and have to answer for these things.

Speaking of not knowing what hes talking about, I dont know why I have to tell an admin/veteran regimental leader that I am not an officer of 3eVolt and have just recently joined them, even though that is what this whole argument is about

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 31, 2015, 01:07:52 am »
Why do I have to show you shit? I am just a player. I do not have anything to do with them (Maccle/Meltzer). You however are a regimental leader and a referee/admin for the TNWL, and have to answer for these things.

Speaking of not knowing what hes talking about, I dont know why I have to tell an admin/veteran regimental leader that I am not an officer of 3eVolt and have just recently joined them, even though that is what this whole argument is about

I am not trying to be a dick man i am just trying to help you understand Jorges call. Sorry if it seems b.s but it is what it is.
Also I asked you to show me their transfer apps because they simply never posted them so there is nothing to show.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #2556 on: May 31, 2015, 01:11:39 am »
I didn't think they needed to post one because Jorge and Co. made the rule AFTER they joined. They are locked in 3eVolt now... right?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 31, 2015, 01:12:09 am »

I am not trying to be a dick man i am just trying to help you understand Jorges call. Sorry if it seems b.s but it is what it is.
Also I asked you to show me their transfer apps because they simply never posted them so there is nothing to show.

I know you are not trying to be a dick, but I am just trying to help improve the league for everyone, and having to fight with all these people is really slowing down progress.

Also again, dont ask me for transfer apps, thats not my problem. I am just a player. I get on, kill people, get off, repeat. I hardly even know Maccle/Meltzer anyway.

Suns

« Reply #2558 on: May 31, 2015, 01:18:43 am »
I dont see how just because its the group stage it makes it unfair. So are you saying all players can swap and reg hop after the group stage is over? I really hope thats not what you are saying. Stop bringing up the phase of the competition. It doesnt matter at all. It doesnt help your argument.

I believe it does, if players switch from reg to reg I do believe it would matter to the outcome of said competition.

Im not over reacting, and I am being punished.

Rofl. Its not a "ban", its a suspension. In matters of fairness, you're being suspended so the 3eVolt doesn't get a higher winning chance in the competition. As Marceaux put it nicely.

How does it not matter? You joining alters the 3e's line up. The 3eVolt team that played 84e was not as good as the 3eVolt with you, therefore the matches 3eVolt has left in this round becomes un-fair for the regiments that still need to face the 3eVolt.

So are you saying if I had joined 3e after the group stage, that it would not alter their lineup? like what. + lineups change in Sports, Esports, and every manner of competition dude, its not a big deal.
Perhaps, but not so in the middle of said competition. More so after it.

Besides, Looking further into the John Sanders transfer, his transfer was not accepted until May 30th (or 29th in our time I guess), but your match with 3eVolt was the 25th. Therefore, you played with an illegal player and got no punishment. Interesting.

It may not be the finals, but that does not give the privilege to alter the lineup of one reg giving them a higher chance of winning over another. John Sanders has been in our regiment before the 3e Volt match, he hasn't left our regiment since then. Sure he has reg hopped during the season, but he did it before the established rule of regiment transfers. That is why some players were an exception because including them would be invalid.

Your decision has been made clear. Why waste time bitching about it when you have no means of winning it?  :o

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2559 on: May 31, 2015, 01:22:57 am »
I do not see why this league is trying to hinder legitimate recruiting.
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
« Reply #2560 on: May 31, 2015, 01:23:58 am »
Because .. "NW esports!"

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 31, 2015, 01:26:13 am »
Because .. "NW esports!"
I still dont understand. There are no contracts in this league. No salary that binds you to an organization. A friends wants to join another friends regiment and you disallow that?  I feel like you want to hinder the 3e's growth in becoming one of the more dominate regiments in the game. In order to do that, they must recruit. This goes for any regiment, not just the 3e's.

That message wasn't pointed towards you Grim. I am not the best with my choice of words.
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 31, 2015, 01:29:03 am »
I dont see how just because its the group stage it makes it unfair. So are you saying all players can swap and reg hop after the group stage is over? I really hope thats not what you are saying. Stop bringing up the phase of the competition. It doesnt matter at all. It doesnt help your argument.

I believe it does, if players switch from reg to reg I do believe it would matter to the outcome of said competition.

Rofl. Its not a "ban", its a suspension. In matters of fairness, you're being suspended so the 3eVolt doesn't get a higher winning chance in the competition. As Marceaux put it nicely.

How does it not matter? You joining alters the 3e's line up. The 3eVolt team that played 84e was not as good as the 3eVolt with you, therefore the matches 3eVolt has left in this round becomes un-fair for the regiments that still need to face the 3eVolt.

It may not be the finals, but that does not give the privilege to alter the lineup of one reg giving them a higher chance of winning over another. John Sanders has been in our regiment before the 3e Volt match, he hasn't left our regiment since then. Sure he has reg hopped during the season, but he did it before the established rule of regiment transfers. That is why some players were an exception because including them would be invalid.

Your decision has been made clear. Why waste time bitching about it when you have no means of winning it?  :o

Suns I love you so please stay out of this. However, to answer your points:

1. Itll alter the competition no matter what stage the switching is done in. Thats why it doesnt matter.

2. Ban: A ban is, generally, any decree that prohibits something. So, I am indeed banned. (A suspension is a ban, dude). Also, the point of joining regiments/recruiting players is to increase a regiments chance of winning. Thats kind of how it works.

3. It still happens in the middle of the season in alot of sports. It does happen more so after, but not exclusively after.

4. Maybe so, but I still dont see why my punishment is so far different from every other accepted transfer so far (and so weird at that: it doesnt tackle the regiment hopping problem, it just suspends me for the duration of Group A for some reason. I could technically still just leave and join the 58e, 84e, 18th, etc and be just fine.)

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 31, 2015, 01:30:31 am »

Suns I love you so please stay out of this. However, to answer your points:

1. Itll alter the competition no matter what stage the switching is done in. Thats why it doesnt matter.

2. Ban: A ban is, generally, any decree that prohibits something. So, I am indeed banned. (A suspension is a ban, dude). Also, the point of joining regiments/recruiting players is to increase a regiments chance of winning. Thats kind of how it works.

3. It still happens in the middle of the season in alot of sports. It does happen more so after, but not exclusively after.

4. Maybe so, but I still dont see why my punishment is so far different from every other accepted transfer so far (and so weird at that: it doesnt tackle the regiment hopping problem, it just suspends me for the duration of Group A for some reason. I could technically still just leave and join the 58e, 84e, 18th, etc and be just fine.)
http://www.hltv.org/news/15040-flowsick-signs-for-liquid

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:32:03 am by Alexander »
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st

Offline Wherner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wherner
« Reply #2564 on: May 31, 2015, 01:36:30 am »
Well what happened with Meltzer, Chev, and Maccle was like a one time exception. It's not like Apoc was perm banned from the league. If 3eVolt can't win with those 3 being allowed to play for them the rest of these matches, they don't deserve to be in the pro league.

Much of this league has been experimental like waste said, and it was accompanied with many rule changes such as the double regging and reg hopping rules. As for Bill, he never played for us in the TNWL. He joined around 2 weeks ago before this rule was made and he is in a similar boat as you. The difference is that there are no current matches for him to affect. BeanBean however did play for us long before the North situation sparked the regiment hopping actions to be taken.

With your logic, we might as well re allow all double regging because chantakey used it in his group stages.
I'm surprised nobody replied to this. Your post is completely irrelevant because the "issue" was not an issue in the first place, and it was not an exception.