Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 669114 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Twitch Napoleonic Wars League 1tes(2pp) vs PSG at Sunday may 24 9pm EST
« Reply #2505 on: May 30, 2015, 11:46:14 am »
Thats a damn shame. I dont see why I am getting a ban/suspension for legally transitioning regiments. Especially when I think I have got a pretty solid rep for not hopping regiments these past few years. I have only been in 3eVolt and its incarnations, 7thRF and 9y, which both in essence merged to form the 18th. That is 4 regiments in about as many years.
It's not for reg hoping, it's too keep it balanced as possible simce group A already started and you played for the 18th in their group, after the group stages it won't matter, this was gone over already.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline FatherDamien

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired Damien
« Reply #2506 on: May 30, 2015, 11:52:52 am »
Thats a damn shame. I dont see why I am getting a ban/suspension for legally transitioning regiments. Especially when I think I have got a pretty solid rep for not hopping regiments these past few years. I have only been in 3eVolt and its incarnations, 7thRF and 9y, which both in essence merged to form the 18th. That is 4 regiments in about as many years.
The 84e would like to formally invite you to attend our new High Class LineBattle Event, the event will focus on infantry only combat with a rule set more similar to that of EU events. We hope to see you sign up and attend!

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=24094.0

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 30, 2015, 11:53:48 am »
The 84e would like to formally invite you to attend our new High Class LineBattle Event, the event will focus on infantry only combat with a rule set more similar to that of EU events. We hope to see you sign up and attend!

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=24094.0
Trole

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2508 on: May 30, 2015, 11:58:56 am »
It's not for reg hoping, it's too keep it balanced as possible simce group A already started and you played for the 18th in their group, after the group stages it won't matter, this was gone over already.

Hmm pretty sure yall got Bill who has played matches with the 18th in the TNWL.  You also got BeanBean, who also played matches with the 18th in the TNWL. There is also John sanders, who got his justice right before me, who has joined and left the 18th twice in the duration of the TNWL (god knows how many other regiments he's joined/left since), and the only punishment he gets is a lock to the 84e.  So tell me again: why am I getting a 2 match ban? and why does this make anything fair and balanced?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:00:30 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 30, 2015, 12:04:16 pm »

Hmm pretty sure yall got Bill who has played matches with the 18th in the TNWL.  You also got BeanBean, who also played matches with the 18th in the TNWL. There is also John sanders, who got his justice right before me, who has joined and left the 18th twice in the duration of the TNWL (god knows how many other regiments he's joined/left since), and the only punishment he gets is a lock to the 84e.  So tell me again: why am I getting a 2 match ban? and why does this make anything fair and balanced?
Idk what you mean by y'all, i have no idea about anything with bill etc, all I know if you were 2ndLt in 18th, i think you are talking about 58e? They already did their group stage without Bill and Bean Bean. I feel like you're not understanding how this system works :3

I'm not in the 58e lel

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 30, 2015, 12:05:43 pm »
Pretty sure they did have BeanBean in their group stage, maybe not Bill but I don't see why the phase of the competition matters. Even if you are in the 58e or not, I still think you can see why I  feel a little bias in the decision.

"Oh BeanBean and bill? That's ok. They Gucci. They won't utterly destroy the whole group. John sanders? He's k 2. Oh fucking apoc? 2 OP nerf"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:08:40 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 30, 2015, 12:08:08 pm »
Pretty sure they did have BeanBean in their group stage, maybe not Bill but I don't see why the phase of the competition matters.
Because you could just join another regiment each group, once you play for a regiment in the group stages you are not allowed to play for another until groups are finished, bean bean played for 18th and 58e before this rule was made

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: May 30, 2015, 12:09:57 pm »
Pretty sure they did have BeanBean in their group stage, maybe not Bill but I don't see why the phase of the competition matters.
Because you could just join another regiment each group, once you play for a regiment in the group stages you are not allowed to play for another until groups are finished, bean bean played for 18th and 58e before this rule was made

OK hold up remember the part you said this wasn't about reg hopping? What's that? It IS about reg hopping? Oh OK waste.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: May 30, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »
It's not for reg hoping

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: May 30, 2015, 12:13:42 pm »

OK hold up remember the part you said this wasn't about reg hopping? What's that? It IS about reg hopping? Oh OK waste.
I was using it as an example,

You play for a regiment in one group, you can't play for another in a different group which you want to.
Wether you are playing in two groups or all of them the same rule applies. If you were allowed to other people would expect they could do the same and bend this rule as much as possible. I'm sure you can wait for the finals, assuming 3e makes it to them. Other wise tough luck, sorry

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: May 30, 2015, 12:16:15 pm »

You play for a regiment in one group, you can't play for another in a different group which you want to.
Wether you are playing in two groups or all of them the same rule applies. If you were allowed to other people would expect they could do the same and bend this rule as much as possible. I'm sure you can wait for the finals, assuming 3e makes it to them. Other wise tough luck, sorry

Or you could use too much common sense and reg lock people.

You know, like they did with John Sanders.

But you know that method lacks bias so it's not viable. Kappa.

It's not for reg hoping
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:20:17 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2516 on: May 30, 2015, 12:18:50 pm »
In the meeting discussing how the rule would work, it was said it would be to stop people from joining regiments with the intention of screwing over the league. Those applying truthfully, simply because they want to be in a new regiment (provided they are not reg hoppers) may go ahead unquestioned.

I will clarify with Jorge tomorrow

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 30, 2015, 12:24:15 pm »

Or you could use too much common sense and reg lock people.

You know, like they did with John Sanders.

But you know that method lacks bias so it's not viable. Kappa.
You can't just tell people they're not allowed to join another regiment, hell John sanders could join another regiment he just wouldn't be able to play for them in TNWL.

Essentially you are reg locked to 18th until group stages are finished, which is in like a week I believe.

Remember people this is an experimental league and can only get better. Thus it is still a work in progress, we are still editing the rules and figuring out how to best run this.

I wasn't at this meeting so I am simply stating how I interpreted the rule. Other whys if I was in a regiment that was eliminated and I wanted to be in TNWL still I would just join another regiment that is playing their group.

Jorgeeh can clarify for us all then we can be friends  ;D

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 30, 2015, 12:32:27 pm »
Not gonna bother quoting that (5 much text)

I don't get why you are saying you "can't just tell people they can't join a regiment". I think that's pretty clear. However, it is perfectly within the leagues power to tell people they can't compete with a regiment, which is kind of the basis of this argument bro. We are also having this argument because, as you said, the league is a WIP. However, it because of that very fact that I think it's perfectly in my right to dispute shady calls.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:34:53 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 30, 2015, 12:37:52 pm »
Besides, I think every player switching regiments should have the reasons for switching investigated, and the players history observed for a more fair judgement to be decided upon. I feel a bit frustrated because I don't really feel that was done here, and a ban slapped on me rather hastily just because I am a pretty well known player.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:39:29 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »