Author Topic: 1vs1 or GF  (Read 7420 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 1vs1 or GF
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 10:25:55 pm »
I simply just don't like linebattles, it was fun 2 years ago for me, i just want to melee.

It also the same thing for many people which are really good at melee I guess, not sure if it comes from the frustration of getting shot while knowing you could have had an impact on the round or just the fact the groupfighting aspect leads to straight fights with not much messing around unlike most 1v1 LBs.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 10:27:34 pm »
I simply just don't like linebattles, it was fun 2 years ago for me, i just want to melee.

It also the same thing for many people which are really good at melee I guess, not sure if it comes from the frustration of getting shot while knowing you could have had an impact on the round or just the fact the groupfighting aspect leads to straight fight with not much messing around unlike most 1v1 LBs.
Think you got it spot on,aswell i also hate the fact to rely on other people to get in melee, meaning in most 1v1's i have literally no impact compared to gf.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Hypno

• First Lieutenant
  • ENG 2015, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 | Buttery Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 04:29:32 am »
Really is a tough one. A lot of regiments have some key players that make a huge difference in groupfighting matches, due to small numbers, allowing them to beat regiments considered to be much better than them.

When it comes to 1v1s, even these player's skills may not be enough to win rounds.

I have to say that a 1v1 is the real way to determine the strength of a regiment, involving multiple factors, including leadership, melee skill, formations and more.
GG to everybody who played in it. Was a great match to watch and surely an incredibly intense one to play. Hypnos beginner luck turned it around.
get out of here jack i wanna cum

Offline Samu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DNK
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 12:55:55 pm »
Cause im pretty crap at melee compared to many of the current playebase cause Ive only played the game since January
I dont like Groupfights.
1v1s are good but its not fun if its quick I like it to last at least 30 mins.

I like sieges cause the memes are next level

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 04:07:50 pm »
Question is a bit of a false dichotomy to me. 1v1s are how to figure out the best 1v1 regiments and groupfights will show you which regiment is the better groupfighting regiment. Even then, you're finding out which regiment is doing better on that particular day, as most regiments have their three or four "carries" that can decide rounds that occasionally fail to show up. Other things have changed competitive results, like burnout from doing several events on a single day.

At best, even a mix of groupfighting and 1v1s will show you who the best regiments at single regiment versus single regiment gameplay. That's a small part of the game, glorified as it is. I've seen plenty of 1v1 regiments show up to larger linebattles and get their team killed or just die constantly because they didn't know how to handle working with two other lines and cavalry while dodging cannonballs.

I don't think there is any easy metric to define the best regiments, and there surely is no single event that shows it off. There are too many skills in the game to learn. Duelling, groupfighting, shooting, positioning against one line, positioning against entire enemy teams, fighting infantry, fighting cavalry, dodging artillery without exposing the line, playing sword cav, playing lance cav, groupfighting as cav, shooting cannons, shooting howitzers . . . sure nobody cares about most of these, but surely the "best regiment" is one that can do it all and do it consistently.

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 08:11:45 am »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Yep.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 10:32:53 pm »
1 vs 1 = Two regiments face off using Napoleonic tactics and formations to see who's the better regiment

Groupfighting = eSport
xD

Offline Mimcasetta

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
    • Talktobabes
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 12:44:16 am »
As a personal preference, I'm more a 1v1 type player, but I can see the fun in Groupfighting. I think it's too subjective per person to really give a non-bias answer tbh.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »
Personally I think its groupfighting nowadays, the age of 1v1's has kinda passed it's an old meta. Gf's still require tactics/strategy so it still requires some form of leadership and co-ordination, and there is less 'luck' involved as we all know shooting is just pure bs. I mean if regiment A beats regiment B 6-4 in a 1v1 but then regiment B wins against regiment A in gf 15-0 then I think it's quite clear who's better still.

Indeed HeriPoo. Gf is the way to decide skill. Melee is the raw skill of a reg removing the randomness factor of shooting and the skill of its commander.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 07:25:02 am »
I will fuck anybody who says groupfighting is better than 1v1s

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 07:27:11 am »
fuck me then daddy

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2017, 07:36:03 am »
the bad fuck not the good one

shit

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 07:47:19 am »
For anyone that loves GF over 1v1's, try out comp in Native.
xD

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 07:50:43 am »
the bad fuck not the good one

shit
oh welp this is awkward

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 01:21:34 pm »
For anyone that loves GF over 1v1's, try out comp in Native.

Native comp is cancer. So is the Swedish community over there, and cmon horses and arrow spamming bowmen. No ty. I'd rather get fic'd by some nub every now and then.

gf is better