Author Topic: [RGL7] Suggestions & Questions  (Read 4408 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL7] Suggestions & Questions
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 12:01:49 pm »
So far, the major issues with such a system I have outlined taking inputs both on these threads and through private convos:

- It works well in Rugby leagues (at least in France) because the winner is not determined solely at the end of the league. The regular season (where the defensive and offensive points are in place) only serves to rank 6 teams which then go to a playoff and the winner of the playoff is the actual league champion. Only in that system, the defensive and offensive bonus feel like they actually bring more competition to the whole event without punishing certain teams too much.

- It could potentially ruin a regiment's chance to win either league based on the fact you could defeat a regiment thanks to your team stepping-up at the right moment but since you did not steam-roll some other matches as they did, you end-up behind them in the final ranking, which seems hardly fair.

- It basically makes it impossible to have any proper form of turn-over and involve the weakest part of your line-up because you always play to avoid dropping a single round, meaning you essentially signed-up and involved people whose role will consist in being there in case some people drop out and there is nobody better to replace them. It seems hard to justify such a mindset in a non-professional game.

So yeah, looking at it from that perspective, like Pieter mentioned the negatives largly outweigh the positive, can't argue against that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:35:03 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 12:30:53 pm »
It's a cool idea but I'd rather stick with the old system. I think the matter of how many rounds we lose against a weaker regiment (With all due respect) should not have that big of an impact on the eventual end scores. Winning any league in this game is about stepping up at the right moments in the big matches. It's not about how hard you can stomp the weaker opponents.
Furthermore, single rounds can also be very random. The eventual winner of a match is normally decided by which team is better. But whether that winning team loses 3 or 7 rounds is not necessarily due to their skill difference. 15-0 is as much of a one way stomp as 15-7 imo
Now maybe if a match gets up to 14-15 then you could possibly allow the losing team to get some extra points because of how close the match was.  The problem then is, where do you draw that line? 13-15? 12-15?
As you also said yourself, regiments want to allow their weaker players to play too. I don't want to have to get the tryhard lineup for every match, and have the same people sitting spec every match. They are as much part of the regiment as I am.
I'd prefer to stick with the original scoring system.

Online Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 01:02:09 pm »
Make the minimum roster 20 so the 5 poor specs can play!
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline TheRealHunter

• Major General
  • Property of Chriseh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 01:55:07 pm »
I can just agree with Rikkert, Vegi and Pieter.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 03:22:24 pm »
Maybe you should make a cool rule for a 14-14 round rather than just sudden death, its too crippling when the chokers on left flank all die  ;D

Online Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 04:14:27 pm »
Maybe you should make a cool rule for a 14-14 round rather than just sudden death, its too crippling when the chokers on left flank all die  ;D

if it's 14-14 make it so to win a team has to have a 2 round advantage (15-13, 16-14, 17-15 etc., maybe up to 25 or something in case it drags for too long)
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2020, 12:10:12 am »
I think this rule is really great

As regiments who don't give up and try to get as many rounds as possible, are rewarded, or the regiment who thinks this is won with a score by 13-2, and loose more rounds because of not concentrating in the end, is not rewarded with a point extra.

You still get 3 points for a win, even with 15-7, so it won't change that much in the end
And when you loose 15-12 your are at least rewarded with a point, for a close match

about tryhard teams.
Honestly, I don't think most regiments will have more then 1 close match, and one stomp against an enemy (beside 15th and 92nd)
So I don't think this will change much about the tryhard teams :D

So I'm pretty sure it will equal itself.
And if not, it's even more interesting to have an addition to calculate with

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2020, 11:15:42 am »

As regiments who don't give up and try to get as many rounds as possible, are rewarded, or the regiment who thinks this is won with a score by 13-2, and loose more rounds because of not concentrating in the end, is not rewarded with a point extra.

You still get 3 points for a win, even with 15-7, so it won't change that much in the end
And when you loose 15-12 your are at least rewarded with a point, for a close match

about tryhard teams.
Honestly, I don't think most regiments will have more then 1 close match, and one stomp against an enemy (beside 15th and 92nd)

I personally dont like the idea. As Templar said it would be another thing to calculate with, but exactly that would be stupid. Making a possible decididng Match none sense cause you never get the offensive bonus just cause you allow everybody in the Roster to play.
For 92nd it would mean that we probably only have 20 players to play in the RGL with another 20 players sitting disapointed in spec, hoping for days were nobody can attend.
Apart from that basically every Match would be played with the Minimum attendance of 15(12).
If you wanna add something new I would agree with Golden or Kore. Maybe make it you have to win with at least 2 (15-13, 16-14, 20-18). Or another idea would be to for example make it BO30 with the possibility of a 15-15 draw,  but as long as one team has 16 rounds, the match is finished (I think in Darts such a format is used)

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 12:10:46 pm »
just use the old format ffs.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2020, 12:23:02 pm »

about tryhard teams.

I personally dont like the idea. As Templar said it would be another thing to calculate with, but exactly that would be stupid. Making a possible decididng Match none sense cause you never get the offensive bonus just cause you allow everybody in the Roster to play.
For 92nd it would mean that we probably only have 20 players to play in the RGL with another 20 players sitting disapointed in spec, hoping for days were nobody can attend.
Apart from that basically every Match would be played with the Minimum attendance of 15(12).
If you wanna add something new I would agree with Golden or Kore. Maybe make it you have to win with at least 2 (15-13, 16-14, 20-18). Or another idea would be to for example make it BO30 with the possibility of a 15-15 draw,  but as long as one team has 16 rounds, the match is finished (I think in Darts such a format is used)
Fun fact: The Darts premier league is the only event which uses a bo format

But tbh I think we should stick to the usual ft15 format, but maybe with the addition Kore already mentioned

Nock

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2020, 12:42:59 pm »
But tbh I think we should stick to the usual ft15 format, but maybe with the addition Kore already mentioned

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2020, 01:04:34 pm »
I mean, we had that "2 rounds to win rule" with M league 2, which was a 6v6 format (if I remember correctly). I like the fact that a comeback is always possible, but I feel like it could make for some marathonesque groupfights under a 15v15+ format.

Wursti

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 01:06:09 pm »
i like that 2 rounds difference thingy and lets be honest 15th wont have that problem except vs 92nd maybe @Rikkert

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2020, 01:08:36 pm »
i like that 2 rounds difference thingy and lets be honest 15th wont have that problem except vs 92nd maybe @Rikkert
Well yeah I'm not just advocating for 15th here, am I.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2020, 01:10:40 pm »
man ft15
Who gets 15 win! Nothing else!
No point system! Only win gets 3! Lose 0!
Dont make things retarded and special!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.