Author Topic: Duels or GF  (Read 10442 times)

David_Schrein

Re: Duels or GF
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2020, 10:52:01 pm »
HaZe ¿

Offline Alator

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [v75]Alator
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2020, 10:57:38 pm »
The famous patience in duels is only a legend, those who have really tryhard the duel as much as the gf know it.
You are already too concentrated to want to thwart the opponent that you don't have time to count the minutes that pass.

Know that those who count them, just don't have the technical panel to be able to get out of it.

I think I met a very large panel of players in 1v1 to know that against any type of player, and whatever his style of play, from the most aggressive
to the most defensive, it is winnable, without resorting to any psychological force, but through technical elements related to the game.

Many use the famous duel between Ledger and Hokej as a basis for the assumption that in the final duels are only patience, or in the end the
one with the greatest mental stamina will win. Whereas in this duel, the attention of both protagonists was clearly to make the duel last as long
 as possible, which is easy in a game with two stabs and two blocks.
Neither of them wanted chamber, block chamber, outsmart the footwork, try to kick, put pressure, change the rhythm... It was purely stab/block
as we learn at the beginning of the game among the darkest and farthest french regiment of the game.

I had already faced hokej in the 1v1 2016 tournament final and I remember that our 7-5 didn't last as long as this duel,
yet I won it, despite the fact that we already had the style of play we know.

Don't be fooled, I'm not saying that duel can't be boring to play, can't be long, grueling, but it's actually in any discipline,
whether it's boxing or chess, for example... Some GFs can be too, but no one will tell you that GF is all about patience.

Let's have the presence of mind to know how to put things in perspective and not to have to denigrate what we hate without real arguments,
your feelings about duel is not necessarily shared by all. There has always been a certain bad faith on the part of some,
who never really wanted to understand, learn and progress in duel expects to win competitions in 1v1 tournament.

No one who has never trained on gf server, who has not played with a team, who has not invested time and intention for gf
would expect to win a gf tournament. It is the same for the duel, this discipline is not out of time and does not escape the most basic competitive rules.

The good thing about dueling is that it is inherently empowering. You lose by yourself and you win by yourself.
Have you been training to win a tournament? Well, go get him. You don't depend on your teammates or your captain.
It's a demonstration of self-worth that doesn't depend on third parties, strangely enough at a time when everyone is blaming each other for the "stacks teams".

You lose on your own and you win on your own, no one can dilute your defeat as no one can take away your victory.

The final against rune lasted 5 minutes, he left with a disadvantage of 3 rounds and he played better in semi, but the purpose here is not to show my final but to show what can look like a tournament final.We move away from the approach of some people's feelings to focus on reality, not on whether from the spectator's point of view the game is interesting to watch, but rather on whether the spectator has the impression that it is only a matter of patience and mental effort.

Spoiler
[close]

I dont really disagree with what you said here, however I think it depends a great deal on the player and you can't really dismiss it purely as a legend. You for example are perfectly capable of finishing a duel via a multitude of ways and doing so quickly, and not really the kind of player being brought up, however it is still possible to advance far in duel tournaments while taking little to no risks. Players like MrDixon rely solely on extremely exaggerated holds, the only reason that he got so far as he did was because he simply refused to take any risks to attempt to win, waiting on his opponents to be so bored and frustrated that they lost focus. Causing the other team to be bored is harder in groupfighting, because it's considerably easier to get picks and force action.

Hokej vs Ledger is a perfect example of what happens when both parties refuse to take risks, and both have extreme amounts of patience. The very best duellists who themselves have equal patience can often deal with this, but it really is an abuse of the very simplistic melee system with only two block directions when chambers more or less are being taken out of the equation by very passive playstyles.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2020, 11:01:18 pm »
GF > Duels

Offline ExtaZz94

• Major
  • J'avance tu recules
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BetterThanU
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2020, 11:03:48 pm »
In that video u posted the first 2 rounds were 2 minutes. after which you typed 4-1.
We used anecdotal evidence of hokej vs ledger but the same goes for you. You use anecdotal evidence of this duel. We can both keep going like this. I was also there when drake d keyed across the map against golden in that one duel tournament that never got finished.
After that shit where he said how he was watching the fucking shadows.

I've already explained why
Spoiler
The final against rune lasted 5 minutes, he left with a disadvantage of 3 rounds and he played better in semi, but the purpose here is not to show my final but to show what can look like a tournament final.We move away from the approach of some people's feelings to focus on reality, not on whether from the spectator's point of view the game is interesting to watch, but rather on whether the spectator has the impression that it is only a matter of patience and mental effort.
[close]
I've already answered that, too.
Spoiler
Many use the famous duel between Ledger and Hokej as a basis for the assumption that in the final duels are only patience, or in the end the
one with the greatest mental stamina will win. Whereas in this duel, the attention of both protagonists was clearly to make the duel last as long
Neither of them wanted chamber, block chamber, outsmart the footwork, try to kick, put pressure, change the rhythm... It was purely stab/block
as we learn at the beginning of the game among the darkest and farthest french regiment of the game.
I had already faced hokej in the 1v1 2016 tournament final and I remember that our 7-5 didn't last as long as this duel,
[close]

I would even add that the Hokej vs Ledger duel is the marginal case, out of the thousands of duels within 1v1 tournament, it is the only one which lasted more than one hour for a duel with a disqualification of the participants to the key.
On the contrary, the duel that I showed with rune represents in terms of time played at least 65% of the duels in tournament.
Can a serious person really end up starting from an epiphenomenon, a marginality, to an empirical reality applicable to the whole duel field?

Nobody, apart from our great strategists nw.

This is the proof that you are not trying to understand what I am saying, or at least that you are not pretending to understand.
It is useless to want to be part of a systematic opposition, perhaps you believe that we are playing our little gamers' egos here,because one would be stronger than the other in this or that area,  but I reassure you right away, I destroy you as well in duel as in gf.

It is rather a question of giving back its letters of nobility to the duel, so much tainted by people like you, who think that all the opinions are equal and balance their opinions without bringing any real development.You cultivate your personal grudge, to let it out in the raw without realizing that substantially speaking, I am more stimulated by eating my salad than by reading to you.

i have never see cela. rejection perssonel.
good luck all in the tournament.
Quote from: LeBrave on Today at 11:49:30 pm
votre appréciable et glorieux pote LeBrave.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2020, 11:19:01 pm »
In that video u posted the first 2 rounds were 2 minutes. after which you typed 4-1.
We used anecdotal evidence of hokej vs ledger but the same goes for you. You use anecdotal evidence of this duel. We can both keep going like this. I was also there when drake d keyed across the map against golden in that one duel tournament that never got finished.
After that shit where he said how he was watching the fucking shadows.

I've already explained why
Spoiler
[close]
I've already answered that, too.
Spoiler
[close]

I would even add that the Hokej vs Ledger duel is the marginal case, out of the thousands of duels within 1v1 tournament, it is the only one which lasted more than one hour for a duel with a disqualification of the participants to the key.
On the contrary, the duel that I showed with rune represents in terms of time played at least 65% of the duels in tournament.
Can a serious person really end up starting from an epiphenomenon, a marginality, to an empirical reality applicable to the whole duel field?

Nobody, apart from our great strategists nw.

This is the proof that you are not trying to understand what I am saying, or at least that you are not pretending to understand.
It is useless to want to be part of a systematic opposition, perhaps you believe that we are playing our little gamers' egos here,because one would be stronger than the other in this or that area,  but I reassure you right away, I destroy you as well in duel as in gf.

It is rather a question of giving back its letters of nobility to the duel, so much tainted by people like you, who think that all the opinions are equal and balance their opinions without bringing any real development.You cultivate your personal grudge, to let it out in the raw without realizing that substantially speaking, I am more stimulated by eating my salad than by reading to you.
Lmao top tier post yet again extazz. How the fuck is it relevant that you can destroy me in duel and gfs. I don't see how that makes your opinion more relevant than mine. I've 'destroyed' you in gfs too, if that really matters to you.
That final part doesn't make any sense in english. Consider looping it through google translate a couple more times so you look less like a dumbass.

Offline ExtaZz94

• Major
  • J'avance tu recules
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BetterThanU
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2020, 11:24:13 pm »
The famous patience in duels is only a legend, those who have really tryhard the duel as much as the gf know it.
You are already too concentrated to want to thwart the opponent that you don't have time to count the minutes that pass.

Know that those who count them, just don't have the technical panel to be able to get out of it.

I think I met a very large panel of players in 1v1 to know that against any type of player, and whatever his style of play, from the most aggressive
to the most defensive, it is winnable, without resorting to any psychological force, but through technical elements related to the game.

Don't be fooled, I'm not saying that duel can't be boring to play, can't be long, grueling, but it's actually in any discipline,
whether it's boxing or chess, for example... Some GFs can be too, but no one will tell you that GF is all about patience.

Let's have the presence of mind to know how to put things in perspective and not to have to denigrate what we hate without real arguments,
your feelings about duel is not necessarily shared by all. There has always been a certain bad faith on the part of some,
who never really wanted to understand, learn and progress in duel expects to win competitions in 1v1 tournament.

No one who has never trained on gf server, who has not played with a team, who has not invested time and intention for gf
would expect to win a gf tournament. It is the same for the duel, this discipline is not out of time and does not escape the most basic competitive rules.

The good thing about dueling is that it is inherently empowering. You lose by yourself and you win by yourself.
Have you been training to win a tournament? Well, go get him. You don't depend on your teammates or your captain.
It's a demonstration of self-worth that doesn't depend on third parties, strangely enough at a time when everyone is blaming each other for the "stacks teams".

You lose on your own and you win on your own, no one can dilute your defeat as no one can take away your victory.

Spoiler
[close]

I dont really disagree with what you said here, however I think it depends a great deal on the player and you can't really dismiss it purely as a legend. You for example are perfectly capable of finishing a duel via a multitude of ways and doing so quickly, and not really the kind of player being brought up, however it is still possible to advance far in duel tournaments while taking little to no risks. Players like MrDixon rely solely on extremely exaggerated holds, the only reason that he got so far as he did was because he simply refused to take any risks to attempt to win, waiting on his opponents to be so bored and frustrated that they lost focus. Causing the other team to be bored is harder in groupfighting, because it's considerably easier to get picks and force action.

Hokej vs Ledger is a perfect example of what happens when both parties refuse to take risks, and both have extreme amounts of patience. The very best duellists who themselves have equal patience can often deal with this, but it really is an abuse of the very simplistic melee system with only two block directions when chambers more or less are being taken out of the equation by very passive playstyles.
You're right about the fact that players like Dixon have been able to go far thanks to a very passive style of play, but you realize that in the end, they're never the ones who win tournaments, because a duel is more than just putting your opponent to sleep.
I fully understand that this can annoy many people, this kind of style of play can be considered as non-playing.
But as I said, it is necessary to protect ourselves with a wider technical range of solutions.

I have always made the parallel between my practice of combat sport and duel on nw. I adapt myself according to the opponent and his reactions during the fight.
In the final in English boxing it's the same thing, you only have two arms.
If both boxers play the points it can become boring fight (even more so when this one is out boxer) , if one of the two plays the points and the other play the K.O, will have to thwart him ect...
The comparison stops there, because obviously on nw you do not put your physical integrity at stake, but I hope I was clearer.
i have never see cela. rejection perssonel.
good luck all in the tournament.
Quote from: LeBrave on Today at 11:49:30 pm
votre appréciable et glorieux pote LeBrave.

Offline Ricky.

• Captain
  • le faisan enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Ricky
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2020, 12:03:36 am »
European layer rikkert strikes again for the second time this week

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!