Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (6v6) {Season 3 Thread}{Champions: Warlocks}  (Read 76935 times)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (6v6) {Season 3 Thread}{Draft Nov. 14th}
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2020, 12:39:07 am »
54 total roster spots, 76 signed up. Yikes

it is a competitive league
I just feel as though it sucks for those who would like to get in and be given a chance. This is why the NA community is so small now no one is given a chance to improve.

I agree it does suck, but the people who are getting drafted deserve it, because they put in time, dedication, and effort. You can't just expect to receive a free pass. That's why captains draft the best players, you can't blame them obviously. And in every draft league so far, there have always been players who aren't very known who receive an opportunity to play and be on a team (drafted in late rounds). However, in my experience at least, a lot of them don't return for the next season or once they figure out they are a sub, they quit or barely show. idk but I think you should at least show up to scrims and officials because you can still watch and learn. Then practice and practice a lot, and there is a chance to improve but you have to dedicate yourself just like most comp players have. It doesn't come easy.
Shoutout to Jazz for this on Hawkince's team for the last draft league. He was a sub but showed up to almost everything, improved, and did very well when we needed him imo.

An idea if you want to include everyone:
Maybe you could create 2-3 teams after the draft of undrafted players, from a couple of undrafted players who want to be captains. Have them play each other in their own bracket and maybe the best team can be included in playoffs? or something like that. maybe play the worst team from the drafted teams for the lowest seed in playoffs? It would be extremely tough for the undrafted teams but it gives them a chance and a new opportunity to really show themselves and their improvement.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:44:32 am by Risk_ »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2020, 12:48:27 am »
Shoutout to my guys Copot and Phil who were exemplary subs last league

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Windflower

• Board Moderator
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2020, 12:53:54 am »
Ah looks like you all found the challonge bracket. Congratulations! You now know some of the team names, but the logos I will still release.

Here's the second team.

WARLOCKS:

54 total roster spots, 76 signed up. Yikes
As for this yeah we realize the disparity between the roster spots and player pool and we are working on a solution either in the form of a seventh team or some form of relegation teams from the undrafted players.

We are looking for 1 last potential captain spot though so if anyone is interested give us a message on steam!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:02:36 am by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2020, 01:38:29 am »
Ok, ok. I will step forward and become the man to lead this final captaincy push. By declaring Stryker as captain of the expansion team. His first pick HAS to be Cwater though, otherwise the team will not be allowed to compete.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2020, 01:45:17 am »
Ok, ok. I will step forward and become the man to lead this final captaincy push. By declaring Stryker as captain of the expansion team. His first pick HAS to be Cwater though, otherwise the team will not be allowed to compete.
I protest this

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2020, 02:31:37 am »
Fuck you

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2020, 03:52:35 am »
Community Name: Goomba
Do you want to be Captain: nope
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2020, 03:57:38 am »
I am happy to announce that Godfreid and I have come to an agreement to coach his team. I'm excited about the opportunity to help these players really grow into themselves competitively! It's a one-season deal worth $750,000. Absolutely stoked! :) :) :)

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2020, 04:29:29 am »
Community Name: Andee
Do you want to be Captain: Absolutely not. Maybe.
xD

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2020, 04:39:51 am »
Increase the sub count to 4 players a team
click here to join the 84th

Offline Windflower

• Board Moderator
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
Re: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (6v6) {Season 3 Thread}
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2020, 04:42:52 am »
Player pool updated, Draft set for Saturday the 14th!

78+ sign-ups. The most EVER for a draft league!
Spoiler
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2020, 05:30:11 am »

too many

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2020, 05:49:34 am »

too many

it doesn't hurt having more subs as it allows for teams to not have difficulty getting 6 people on, mostly for a scrim. plus this league is going to run into the holiday season that's why i propose for 4 subs.

i'm also garbage i wanna get drafted
click here to join the 84th

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2020, 05:54:10 am »
It's weird to me that the EU draft league has over 112 players and every single person is getting to play in that league. Just kinda crazy to me that they have 10 teams with guys who all get to play in the matches if they show up.  If we are all about having everyone be apart of the comp scene and have more comp we should aim at allowing everyone to play.  Otherwise, it's pointless to bitch and moan about the comp scene dying when we do things that are actively killing the comp scene by turning away players. 

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2020, 05:58:53 am »
It's weird to me that the EU draft league has over 112 players and every single person is getting to play in that league. Just kinda crazy to me that they have 10 teams with guys who all get to play in the matches if they show up.  If we are all about having everyone be apart of the comp scene and have more comp we should aim at allowing everyone to play.  Otherwise, it's pointless to bitch and moan about the comp scene dying when we do things that are actively killing the comp scene by turning away players.

They also just have more players