Author Topic: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod  (Read 100542 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod
« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2015, 07:57:44 pm »
  He is doing wonderful work with the maps, I cannot wait to see what other ones he has up his sleeve! Take your time with it Pro, it is a large project and has a smaller team than others, whatever happens the mod will be great.

Thanks! I will do what I can. Also, Willhelm is working on some new uniforms. I can't wait to see them

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #421 on: October 03, 2015, 01:40:40 am »
Yep... sure is boring

Extra: Once had a pike and shot modded server for NW, every time we had a pike on pike melee.... it wasent pretty...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:21:11 am by JUAN THE GREAT! »

Offline Johann

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 03, 2015, 03:05:23 pm »
I strongly disagree sir. This period is full of everything. Dash, romance, colour (remember most regiments have different coloured uniforms and some have quite unique Regimental Colours), Puritans and the future of nations in the balance. The tactics are at the cusp of the old and the new. One of the last major wars in which men whore full plate armour (that is from head to foot, I believe the Poles may have the distinction of being the last). New weaponry was coming to the fore such as the firelock musket and of course it saw the brith of the first regular, professional army in British history.
Thats okay Black Watch. He is just trolling

I am not trolling at all. The English Commonwealth has never interested me.

Offline Proton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 03, 2015, 04:56:06 pm »
I strongly disagree sir. This period is full of everything. Dash, romance, colour (remember most regiments have different coloured uniforms and some have quite unique Regimental Colours), Puritans and the future of nations in the balance. The tactics are at the cusp of the old and the new. One of the last major wars in which men whore full plate armour (that is from head to foot, I believe the Poles may have the distinction of being the last). New weaponry was coming to the fore such as the firelock musket and of course it saw the brith of the first regular, professional army in British history.
Thats okay Black Watch. He is just trolling

I am not trolling at all. The English Commonwealth has never interested me.
Then go somewhere else, what a useless time wasting comment.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 09, 2015, 10:57:49 am »
Sorry
Hey guys. I want to let you know that I will no more work on this mod. There are many reasons. The first of all is that im not good modder. Mod would not be much popular. It would die in the first day of it's release. You can see that the mod contains only OSP, and Im dissapointed by that a bit. I thought that at least half of the models were made by Willhelm. Sadly, I was playing Nova Aetas yesterday, and Saw EXACT same items as in Pike & Shotte. Actually, I just wanted to try modding. First I was happy. But now im getting really tired of this, and Im not much interested. I want to work on other projects whether in real life, or on PC, which will be worth it. For those wo where at least a bit interested, sorry. There were only like 7 people...? I want to resign and leave place for the real mods with really good modding teams and really good features.  For example you can see Crimean War mod. They are working on it hard everyday. They post almost every week a new uniforms. And I? I have nothing to show. It's all about the same recolored uniforms. Not interesting
Im really sorry. It was a good run, which now came to end. Thanks all for your support. And sorry for everyone who helped me so much and put so much effort into this. Im really sorry you spent so much time on project which wasn't actually going to happen
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:07:00 am by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 09, 2015, 09:27:44 pm »
i understand your frustration, thank you for trying.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 09, 2015, 09:33:34 pm »
i understand your frustration, thank you for trying.
thanks for understanding me. Juan told me he would like to continue developing. If not, I will release current version

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #427 on: October 09, 2015, 09:38:00 pm »
Sad to hear that Dazzer. Could you upload all the files and send it to me? I might be able to get it finished and released in a couple of months when I know I'll be free from my current projects for a bit.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 09, 2015, 09:39:11 pm »
Sad to hear that Dazzer. Could you upload all the files and send it to me? I might be able to get it finished and released in a couple of months when I know I'll be free from my current projects for a bit.
Yeah, sure. Im uploading it now. Should be done in a few minutes

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #429 on: October 10, 2015, 12:22:21 am »
Sorry to hear this news but it is your decision and you have done quite a lot of work. If Willhelm needs any more help with research if he can finish it then I am quite willing to help, Juan was of course working on the maps so will see what he says.
  Either way best of luck with your future projects and thanks for all you have done.
]

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 10, 2015, 12:52:53 am »
Your decision mate. You put good effort Dazzer, don't forget dat.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 10, 2015, 08:32:14 am »
Thanks everyone. Willhelm is planning to work on it when he got free time.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #432 on: October 10, 2015, 10:59:04 am »
It's a shame, Dazzer.

Offline kaskal

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 24, 2015, 04:35:18 pm »
I believe historical modes attract a great deal of attention than the other modes and I want to see historical modes.

But long hair and moustache/beard fashion is very important for that era. So hair mustn't disappear when a hat wore. If you handle this, it's going to be the most fascinating mod ever.

The Deluge mod's hairs,moustache/beard and hats best. Utilizable..

Also Ribbons..

Country                                                                      King

Parliament = Orange ribbon                                  Royalist, Loyalist = Blue and Red ribbon
Puritans = Yellow ribbon
Levellers = Green ribbon                                       

Movies and Dramas

To Kill a King 2003
                                                    Devil's Whore
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:39:47 pm by kaskal »

Offline Ukima

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Nick: 32nd_Sjt_Ukima