Author Topic: My First Day Z Experience  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
My First Day Z Experience
« on: December 25, 2012, 06:58:58 am »
My first Day Z experience: Gets chased by zombies for 20 minutes, people in car pull up and tell me to get in, I do just that. Stop a while away, they tell me to bandage myself, then tell me to get back in the car while they trade items or something, I get in. They drive for 30 more seconds, then tell me they need gas. We all get out, ready to search for gas when one of them shoots me in the leg, breaking it and forcing me to a prone, then walks up to my body, slowly draining of life, as I am blinking in and out of conciousness, points a shotgun to my head, and pulls the trigger. Fuck this game.

Share your first experiences, I am wondering if anybody had one as misfortunate as me.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: My First Day Z Experience
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 02:32:40 pm »
My first Day Z experience: Gets chased by zombies for 20 minutes, people in car pull up and tell me to get in, I do just that. Stop a while away, they tell me to bandage myself, then tell me to get back in the car while they trade items or something, I get in. They drive for 30 more seconds, then tell me they need gas. We all get out, ready to search for gas when one of them shoots me in the leg, breaking it and forcing me to a prone, then walks up to my body, slowly draining of life, as I am blinking in and out of conciousness, points a shotgun to my head, and pulls the trigger. Fuck this game.

Share your first experiences, I am wondering if anybody had one as misfortunate as me.

That sounds like a pretty epic first experience, tbh  :o

Offline Riotblade

• First Lieutenant
  • "Always Foward!"
    • View Profile
    • 49e Regiment of France
  • Nick: 49e_Colonel_Riotblade
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 03:49:16 pm »
No idea what to do.. Couldn't find anything lol
Thanks,
Riotblade

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 06:50:35 pm »
Actually sounds like you had a good experience. Rare to encounter frienly people so early.

As far as I remember, I joined a server(never played any Arma games so didn't know controls), saw a zombie which chased me and it ended up I became scared as shit and ragequitted the game completely.
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Riotblade

• First Lieutenant
  • "Always Foward!"
    • View Profile
    • 49e Regiment of France
  • Nick: 49e_Colonel_Riotblade
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 03:27:25 am »
Actually sounds like you had a good experience. Rare to encounter frienly people so early.

As far as I remember, I joined a server(never played any Arma games so didn't know controls), saw a zombie which chased me and it ended up I became scared as shit and ragequitted the game completely.
lawl awweh!
Thanks,
Riotblade

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 04:35:52 am »
Actually sounds like you had a good experience. Rare to encounter friendly people so early.

Note the people who picked me up in the car were also the people who murdered me in cold blood. I figured it out though, he was jigsaw.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:38:22 am by Death by EMP »

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 07:22:32 am »
Well the only time I've encountered a friendly, he gave me a gun and the moment he turned I shot him.
People are douchebags in that game, and you're a tard if you're not a douchebag yourself. It's every man for himself...
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 10:48:14 am »
Well the only time I've encountered a friendly, he gave me a gun and the moment he turned I shot him.
People are douchebags in that game, and you're a tard if you're not a douchebag yourself. It's every man for himself...

You bastard.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 02:54:38 pm »

Sounds like a standard Dayz experience, however I decided to be the cunt in my first one, I snuck into Cherno, found a sniper rifle, went on top of a building and murdered around 20 people over 2 days before I was killed

Offline Fritz

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI_Rsv_Fritz
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:00:13 am »
I have a lot of supplies, ammunition and live in the woods now. Lonesome, but I survive.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 10:18:27 am »
I'm lost with no clue worth a fuck where I am..
GG
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Fritz

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI_Rsv_Fritz
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 10:22:06 am »
Try to find a map and/or a compass. Sneak in a little village and read the signs. Check out that map: http://dayzdb.com/map

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:52 am »
Spawned just outside of a city and started looking for food,water a gun ect when a zombie 20 meters away starts running at me(i was crouching on a small hill wondering weather to go into the main city)So i get chased in to the city and end up inn a church.I close the doors and try and find anything of use.I found to cans of coke and some beans,so when i walk back in to the main part of the church i see 3 zombies glitching near then door then BAM there inside and beating the crap out of me.Gave up playing after the 9th time of being killed by hackers,bandits ect

Offline Dusty

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 02:46:21 pm »
I spawned basically in the middle of nowhere, with no experience or anything so I gave it ten minutes and then I ended up quitting because I found it too slow and boring.