Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term  (Read 32071 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term
« on: January 01, 2019, 06:08:27 am »
END OF TERM/START OF TERM UPDATE

Well well well, the people have chosen wisely once again.

First off, I want to start by thanking you all for voting me in to my FOURTH community representative term. I appreciate all who voted in the election. This will likely be my last term serving as CR. I have been preoccupied with doing college in the morning as well as working 3-11 shifts right after that so it has not left me with so much free time this last week. I want to apologize as it was not a great time to be absent. This is not an indicator of the term though as I do plan to be actually even more active than I was in the last term.

Old News
ONGOING #1 - RECENT HACKING ALLEGATION
Recently there have been allegations of hacking against Matt. There was a community meeting held by Jolly (pretty much my vice-CR), and the conclusion was that the evidence was not conclusive enough to bring down the hammer. Matt being an extremely skilled player and being considered the most well rounded player in NA at the moment by many, so when the allegations were brought forth it turned into a "shit-show". People posting about this on multiple threads and people gossiping etc etc. It has been pretty much settled. Matt I believe has also started to step away from the game from what it seems to me.

ONGOING #2 - THE END OF THE 4V4
Really this has been my central focus of my last term in making sure this would be ran smoothly and would be something that would be enjoyed by the vast majority of the community. Something people could get excited about in 2019. I have received help from many members of the community and this league being ran as successful as it has would not be possible without their contributions. It was my goal from the start to make this less of a dictatorship and more of a community based league where all input is valued and appreciated. And it has been. Since this is one of the first properly ran draft leagues there were problems that were encountered but it was mainly just a culmination of a bunch of small issues that we sorted out throughout the season. This is to be expected imo of the first iteration of the league and if/when we decide to do this league again (whether it be 4v4 or another kind), these problems will be dealt with and improved upon in order to make "a perfect league". I appreciate everyone's patience, participation, and concerns with the league.

The last match week of the league is ending on the 9th. The post-season championship will be followed the week after so stay tuned!
[close]
ONGOING #3 - WHAT I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH IN MY FOLLOWING TERM
To keep it to the point, I'll quote my application in spoilers as well as brief the application.
Windy's App
Quote from: Windflower
Name: Windflower
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?:

I felt good about my last term, a real sense of some accomplishment within the scene and I only want to do more and more and more for the benefit of the community. I feel like I have more to do especially since the 4v4 league has occupied much of my recent time. I think the community was overall satisfied with my recent term which is good and I plan to inject the community with as much life as I can. I also feel like I have the most experience with this position and I have only found ways to better the role and make use of it. Though the casual side of the community may have been a bit neglected by me for this recent term hopefully I can put my efforts towards that more strongly this next term as I won't be so preoccupied with running the 4v4 league.

My competency as an administrator and moderator alone lead me to believe I am the best candidate for this role. Also a critique for myself might be that I'm not as active as I should be due to school and working closing shifts. School is pretty coming to a close and I know that I'm going to be online a lot more to deal with the player base and whatever may be going on. The community has been a lot more involved with these recent CR terms which is really good for the role itself and has brought the role to something more community based rather than the sole-CR based.

While the casual community may have been neglected a little they seem to putting along without too much distress. It's also important to remember that the competitive community makes up probably like 90-95% of FSE (which is where the CR's strengths lie.). Without the competitive community there basically is no community which would render the CR role a whole lot more useless. It is kind of important to elect a fitting person into the role of CR because it can actually impact the community more than you think. Other than that, I'm planning to keep doing what I'm doing.
[close]

I want to
- TEND TO ANY COMMUNITY NEEDS/WANTS/CONCERNS
- AID IN RUNNING NWL/OTHER POSSIBLE MAJOR COMP EVENTS
- TEND TO THE CASUAL COMMUNITIES CONCERNS
- AID IN INCREASING NORTH AMERICAN ACTIVITY IN GENERAL THROUGH WHATEVER MEANS
- AID THE CAVALRY COMMUNITY
- COOPERATE WITH OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS IN INCREASING QUALITY OF EVENTS
- CONTINUE WITH WEEKLY/BI-WEEKLY UPDATES (i know y'all love em')

ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, QUERIES,
PLEASE DON'T BE SHY TO INPUT ON THE THREAD OR IF YOU'RE NOT COMFORTABLE MAKING A PUBLIC POST I'M ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO PM ON FSE OR I'M WELCOME TO STEAM MESSAGES AS WELL.

CR FAQ
What is a Community Representative (CR) and how do you vote for one?

For information on this topic please see the following thread, as this has already been covered. This topic will run you through the election process, the basics of what a Community representative is and how you can get involved and vote!

In short, the Community Representative is the Community Board Moderator and member of the Moderation team, elected by forum members, to represent the interest of the forum community.

What are the core responsibilities of a Community Representative?

A Community Representative has a few different roles, and while each nominated representative may see the role differently, the main idea of a community representative is for these three areas;

1. To be a gateway between the moderation team and the community (the Community Representative will have access to the Global Administration Board).

1a. To suggest improvements based on the consensus of the community or to advise on the moderators plans/suggestions.

2. To handle community/thread disputes within FSE.

3. To do what we can do keep the FSE Community both happy and running for as long as possible.

Since each CR will have a different perspective on the role, bear in mind that outside of these three aspects, the Community Representative is largely up to the platform of the individual.

What can a Community Representative Help you with?

Here are some things that I've found that Community Representatives are commonly asked and can help with;

1. A Community Representative can edit or remove posts on threads within the Off Topic and Community boards.

2. A Community Representative can put a suggestion forward to the moderation team on the Global Administration board.

3. A Community Representative should be the first contact for any disputes or arguments on the forum. If someone is causing issues for your regiment or event on the forums then the Community Representative should be your first port of call. I'd suggest contacting them via Steam or PM's.

4. A Community Representative, depending on their skills, may be able to help you with other areas of your thread such as helping you with editing your post if you've made a mistake in your BB Code. This will depend on the current Community Representative's skill but if they can't help with this or say getting a signature for your regiment they will be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.

5. A Community Representative can help you with any general forum queries. If you are new and have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask them.

6. A Community Representative can move a thread for you if it's in the wrong area in the Community or Off Topic boards.

What can't a Community Representative Help you with?

1. A Community Representative can't change your username on the forums. If you post on this thread, someone can do it for you.

2. A Community Representative can't warn, ban, or mute forum users; however, they can put suggestions forward to the moderators on the Global Administration's watch list.

3. A Community Representative can't delete a thread; neither can a moderator, but they can lock the thread for you.

4. A Community Representative can't delete, edit, or remove posts outside of the Off Topic or Community boards.
[close]

Knowing what you can do as a CR is important and it is also important for the community to know to understand what community reps can do here on the forums. NA holds high standards for what community reps should do/be doing but you must also understand outside of the forums we are the same as you. If you have not been following the election here are a few posts in which I've outlined what I want from my term. Also if you want anything in particular from my term or want to see certain things done please by all means that what this thread is for.

Here I will try to make a weekly update on the NA community's and my own ongoing's.

JAN-MARCH TERM
DEC 31 - JAN 7
Ongoing #1 (Changes to community representative/current state):

Some of you have campaigned for changes to the current CR role. It is a community position so we want to have as much feedback and constructive criticism as we can to help improve the effectiveness of CR. If you have anything to say on this matter please leave a post here so that it can be further discussed as NA seems to be the more dissatisfied with the position.
Here's a quick quote from the election thread from Shadow:
Shadow's take on the current state of CR
[close]
I feel like the Community Representative is good for what is what made to do in it's current state but I also feel there's room for improvement so if you have anything you'd like to say on that matter please do post here.

Ongoing #2 (Melee only event): Link here
Still in its infancy stages but seems to be the start of something if we can develop interest. I wanted to talk to tired about his suggestion to gather interest as well. I feel like if done right  it could really be a good thing for both
casual and competitive sides of the community. I will definitely keep updates on this and try to work toward it.

Ongoing #3 (Holiday lull):

WPC's finals are on hold until community member Waste returns apparently,  thing is taking forever to finish
NWGL is resuming this week
- After these 2 events we're going to need more to keep the community from flat out dying, its good to consider what we can do after these are finished.
[close]
JAN 7 - JAN 14
Ongoing #1 (Melee only event)
The first melee only event is taking place with the help of BBG tired. The Leib-Grenadiers were invited to participate. Hoping this goes well and we can do it again with the 42nd.(:

Ongoing #2 (Fast Paced 4v4 Draft League)
After some polls it was narrowed down for this to be the next "league" style event which will be hosted probably very soon. Further discussion may be needed to sort out some intricacies of the league but the rest of the organization should be fairly straightforward in terms of how the league will work.

Ongoing #3 (CR position)
Doesn't seem like anybody has suggestions about having the position itself altered which is okay if the community is content with CR.
[close]
JAN 14 - 21
JAN 14 - 21
Ongoing#1 (Melee only event)
The first melee event took place and it was somewhat a success but with the wrinkles ironed out I think this can get established as an actual event with casual regiments but we'll do it with pubs for now I believe and with the LG/42nd's and some mercs help for the next one at least. Date TBD, I think Friday is what we're aiming for again.

Ongoing#2 (4v4 Draft League Fast Paced w/ Proper rules/trade system)
Still fleshing out how the league will be ran (with the help of the community), its rules, who will be helping running, etc. and once those are decided I will begin working on the thread for it and my aim for it is to be hosted in early-mid February.

Ongoing#3 (Amateur NA Duel Tournament(s)
May as well make an official announcement on this planned series of tournaments to be hosted for new/inexperienced players, it will be mainly organized by Jolly with my and others help. I believe these tournaments will commence at the end of the month.

Ongoing #4 (Casual community)
It seems as though some people want a little more done in the casual side of the community which I am all about, I am thinking of what I can do to help with this and I am open to suggestions and am currently investigating myself.
[close]
JAN 21 - 28
JAN 21 - 28
as for events and what not,
-Melee only event will still be happening
-Amateur Duel Tournament is happening very soon
-4v4 League is being hosted after the Amateur Duel Tournament
The 93rd and 73rd have been recently created giving a little extra life/diversity in NA which is a nice change. I'm pretty sure the competitive scene will pick up quite a bit more than it has stagnated for in the last couple months. I've been fairly busy this past week so I'm sorry for the lack of anything on this thread.
[close]
JAN 28 - FEB 4
JAN 28 - FEB 4
Ongoing #1 - 4v4 Draft League ($150 prize pool)
So after polling the community it has been decided this will be the next league. The thread has been posted and there have been around 30 signups already. The next step for me is to make the teams and then work out the dates and also the draft itself.

Ongoing#2 - North American Amateur Duel Tournament
The duel tournament went down the other day with the amateur players and we had a decent turnup with German_Gunner winning it. The next one will take place likely around late Feb-early March.

Ongoing#3 - Possible resurgence of line only linebattles, hosted by Midnight
I'm not sure how much the community is into this but it could be nice for "competitive regiments" who want to attend more linebattles again instead of waiting to schedule groupfights all the time.
Ongoing#4 - Talks of another season of NWL?
[close]
FEB 4 - 11
FEB 4 - 11
Ongoing#1 - 4v4 Draft League
We have signed up 45 players, the captains have been announced, and the draft is set to take place this Sunday. This is what I'm primarily working on right now and have directed most of my attention to. As well as some side community issues.

Ongoing #2 The apparent end of WPC
WPC has been booked for this Sunday apparently to finally end the league. This kinda marks the shift in major tournaments as the 4v4 league is just getting started.

Ongoing#3 Melee only event
I don't have any information regarding this, I haven't received word from tired or anyone really if they wanted to put one together but now is kind of inconvenient at the same time I suppose.
[close]

MAR 1 - 8
MAR 1 - 8

Ongoing #1 - Rise of Public Groupfighting and fall of BoB Groupfighting
Recently since BoB pretty much dissolved it saw the rise in popularity of Public Groupfighting which brings back NA_Groupfighting style administration with little tweaks and pretty cool scripts involving assists, no kd resetting, etc. Dallas Groupfighting seems to be kind of an absent placeholder but it's kind of hard to tell what's going on with that server. For now there is a central groupfighting server which is a good thing and a decent change for the community as it does also have better administration that BoB was somewhat lacking.

Ongoing #2 - NWDL
Currently NWDL is in its third week and things are progressing relatively smoothly with only a few bumps in the road with some minor tweaks here and there. The waiver wire will be at the end of this week after all the matches are completed and the captains will pick from the free agency pool.

Ongoing #3 - More (unique) competitive events
Brought to you by Jolly & Vetro with Fireboy's idea is the randomized 2v2 tournament in which you are paired up with a random partner from the sign ups to compete. Since this is a 2v2 there is a possibility to have a lot of teams so make sure you guys sign up and get your friends to sign up to make this a real tournament.

Brought to you by Dan the Chef is another one of his innovative tournaments, this time being a 5v5 capture the flag "test" tournament which has potential to be fun given there's enough interest/sign ups for it. You can sign up for the tournament here but you'll need a team to sign up with.

There are also a couple of other competitive events in the works but I'm not privy to that information.(;

Ongoing #4 - EU Tournament thing
Also this past week the NA team of the Napoleon's Cup EU tournament was eliminated due to bad sportsmanship long story short. It's not really worth going into and I'm sure most of you know the situation as it's the same shit every year. Pretty shitty to hear but it happens I guess and really you just have to move on because it is their tournaments in the end. There has been talk of hosting a "fair" world cup with multiple servers and all that but that would have to be well orchestrated and ran professionally in order to succeed I believe.
[close]
[close]

APRIL 1 - 8
END OF TERM/START OF TERM UPDATE

Well well well, the people have chosen wisely once again.

First off, I want to start by thanking you all for voting me in to my FOURTH community representative term. I appreciate all who voted in the election. This will likely be my last term serving as CR. I have been preoccupied with doing college in the morning as well as working 3-11 shifts right after that so it has not left me with so much free time this last week. I want to apologize as it was not a great time to be absent. This is not an indicator of the term though as I do plan to be actually even more active than I was in the last term.

ONGOING #1 - RECENT HACKING ALLEGATION
Recently there have been allegations of hacking against Matt. There was a community meeting held by Jolly (pretty much my vice-CR), and the conclusion was that the evidence was not conclusive enough to bring down the hammer. Matt being an extremely skilled player and being considered the most well rounded player in NA at the moment by many, so when the allegations were brought forth it turned into a "shit-show". People posting about this on multiple threads and people gossiping etc etc. It has been pretty much settled. Matt I believe has also started to step away from the game from what it seems to me.

ONGOING #2 - THE END OF THE 4V4
Really this has been my central focus of my last term in making sure this would be ran smoothly and would be something that would be enjoyed by the vast majority of the community. Something people could get excited about in 2019. I have received help from many members of the community and this league being ran as successful as it has would not be possible without their contributions. It was my goal from the start to make this less of a dictatorship and more of a community based league where all input is valued and appreciated. And it has been. Since this is one of the first properly ran draft leagues there were problems that were encountered but it was mainly just a culmination of a bunch of small issues that we sorted out throughout the season. This is to be expected imo of the first iteration of the league and if/when we decide to do this league again (whether it be 4v4 or another kind), these problems will be dealt with and improved upon in order to make "a perfect league". I appreciate everyone's patience, participation, and concerns with the league.

The last match week of the league is ending on the 9th. The post-season championship will be followed the week after so stay tuned!

ONGOING #3 - WHAT I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH IN MY FOLLOWING TERM
To keep it to the point, I'll quote my application in spoilers as well as brief the application.
Windy's App
Quote from: Windflower
Name: Windflower
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?:

I felt good about my last term, a real sense of some accomplishment within the scene and I only want to do more and more and more for the benefit of the community. I feel like I have more to do especially since the 4v4 league has occupied much of my recent time. I think the community was overall satisfied with my recent term which is good and I plan to inject the community with as much life as I can. I also feel like I have the most experience with this position and I have only found ways to better the role and make use of it. Though the casual side of the community may have been a bit neglected by me for this recent term hopefully I can put my efforts towards that more strongly this next term as I won't be so preoccupied with running the 4v4 league.

My competency as an administrator and moderator alone lead me to believe I am the best candidate for this role. Also a critique for myself might be that I'm not as active as I should be due to school and working closing shifts. School is pretty coming to a close and I know that I'm going to be online a lot more to deal with the player base and whatever may be going on. The community has been a lot more involved with these recent CR terms which is really good for the role itself and has brought the role to something more community based rather than the sole-CR based.

While the casual community may have been neglected a little they seem to putting along without too much distress. It's also important to remember that the competitive community makes up probably like 90-95% of FSE (which is where the CR's strengths lie.). Without the competitive community there basically is no community which would render the CR role a whole lot more useless. It is kind of important to elect a fitting person into the role of CR because it can actually impact the community more than you think. Other than that, I'm planning to keep doing what I'm doing.
[close]

I want to
- TEND TO ANY COMMUNITY NEEDS/WANTS/CONCERNS
- AID IN RUNNING NWL/OTHER POSSIBLE MAJOR COMP EVENTS
- TEND TO THE CASUAL COMMUNITIES CONCERNS
- AID IN INCREASING NORTH AMERICAN ACTIVITY IN GENERAL THROUGH WHATEVER MEANS
- AID THE CAVALRY COMMUNITY
- COOPERATE WITH OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS IN INCREASING QUALITY OF EVENTS
- CONTINUE WITH WEEKLY/BI-WEEKLY UPDATES (i know y'all love em')

ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, QUERIES,
PLEASE DON'T BE SHY TO INPUT ON THE THREAD OR IF YOU'RE NOT COMFORTABLE MAKING A PUBLIC POST I'M ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO PM ON FSE OR I'M WELCOME TO STEAM MESSAGES AS WELL.
[close]
APRIL 15 - 22
April 15 - 22

Ongoing #1 Playoffs
We're finally in the closing times of the playoffs in the 4v4 league going on now as there are just 2 matches left to be played. The winner will go home with a total $150 pool and the loser will go home with nothing. Thanks! Until next season.

Ongoing #2 NANWL
This is going to be the next BIG event in the NW competitive scene so many resources will be used to make sure the 9th instalment of NANWL will run smoothly and professionally and that it also lives up to previous versions. The league sign-ups close May 4th and the league starts on May 11th so it will be a week or two after the 4v4 league ending that we will loop into a different league. The summer in particular is looking to see a little boost as is expected but the events and regiments popping up will increase even further I expect. For this season we've even seen the return of season 1 champions the 1aSvea. They're led by Wardop again but also seemed to be backed by quite a few of the former 93rd players to give it that kinda new gen. interest, good luck to them!

Ongoing #3 More events
After the 4v4 and during NWL I plan to host and contribute to a decent amount of competitive events. I'm also trying to see right now if a cavalry league is viable, for one to be worth while I would have to say around 5 regiments/detachments should sign up. I would also probably try to bring back the 1stMI (Mounted Infantry) under a different name (2ndMI) so basically just 4. It's a small community and I'm not that much into the cavalry scene so I'd probably have to get the help of a couple vets that know their way around the community more closely.

Ongoing #4 One groupfighting server
We have returned to the one groupfighting server days again which is fine as long as the administration is capable, not corrupt, and caters to the community it should do just fine and provide a centralized server for people. Go with the flow.(:

Ongoing #5 Australians
I fully support the Australians/OC, I did allow them to post their event threads in the NA event board until they were recently just granted their own boards for NW and BCoF which is cool for them, it should contribute to the activity of FSE as a whole and they are a decently sized community.
[close]
MAY
MAY UPDATE

First I'd like to apologize for the lack of any updates for the month of May. To conclude the ending of this month I will be posting this update. This has been a busy month for me personally as well as an uneventful month for NW besides the starting of NWL and a few other things, but here's what's in the works.

Ongoing#1 - Tiered Duel Tournament & Unarmed Tournament
With May seeming like a pretty uneventful month and the only major thing that's running being NWL since the draft league ended, it is time for the summer action to kick off. In the works right now is a Tiered Duel Tournament similar to the Amateur Duel Tournament hosted previously but with tiers for both pros AND joes and prizes for both. It is Jolly & I's plan to make this as large as we possibly can to bring back the recent lull of individual/non-regimental competitive events whilst also bringing in newer players to the scene. The thread will be posted within the next 2 days so stay tuned for that.

Following the Tiered Duel Tournament is something I came up with and had a map made specially for it courtesy of Zebaad. What this will be is an unarmed tournament (punches & kicks) aimed to involve everyone from all ranges of the community in one mega tournament to answer the question of who is the ultimate master of the fist (& foot). The plan to make this work on a large scale is to amplify the damage of punches and kicking through the usage of scripts to realistic damage levels to make the matches A. faster B. realistic and C. possible in a tournament setting. There will also be several arenas on the map designed after cage-match style MMA arenas. Here's a sneak peek.

Ongoing #2 - Leagues & Summer 2019
Not much to say on this front as NANWL has now been under way and is currently in its second week. This league can take up to 3 months so it may feel slow while the other events are going on but the administration and Risk are dealing with issues well and are maintaining the stability in what may be the last season. This isn't necessarily the largest but not the smallest NANWL either so there is much to look forward to for season 9.

As for NA's cavalry league I've kinda put that on the backburner right now while everything else goes on, if anyone has any suggestions for this league or NA cavalry in general feel free. Right now my focus is on the competitive scene in NA as it makes up the majority of the forum users as I've said before which is the most important thing. With this also comes with introducing the casual players into the competitive scene and in term FSE as a whole which is partly the reason for these upcoming events. This upcoming summer will hopefully be a prosperous last push for the community. As 2019 continues into Fall it seems the state of the community seems a little foggy so we might as well make the most of it while we can.

[close]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 01:46:50 am by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
Re: NA Community Rep Post - Jan-March Term
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 07:10:54 am »
Good luck!
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 03:26:54 pm »
Here's some extra info from Dan on his thoughts regarding the CR

Dan's thoughts
Can we change the name from community representative to like community moderator or mediator or something like that. I feel like that would better discriptor of the role at the current moment. If the CR were to continue as a role I think it would work better with an actual community manager and with the proper resources that would come with said community manager. Like when I think representative I'm thinking great blots where we're trying to decide an issue or where a statement has to be made or like for a company supported event where a community member can take discussion points right to the source and get an answer.

Basically change the name yo

So it sounds like what you're saying is that you'd actually want to have a Community Manager, managing the Community Representatives?

I've also updated the poll, btw - so we can retake your feedback and get a more updated input :)
In my dreamscape I would like the CR role to be split into a community moderator and a community representive. The CM would continue in a similar role and CR would assist a community manager in both managing community-driven initiatives and to tell the community manager what the community favors. The community manager can then either direct or give resources towards an event or initiative.

So basically community manager is the sugar daddy, community rep gets the hoes and the community moderator is the police.
[close]

My Response
This is maybe something worth considering in the future, but will note your feedback so it can be discussed. Thanks for your input, Dan.

I'll say this is something similar to what was previously done, I believe.
[close]

Also wanted to note that there's a poll here to note your response regarding the current state of the CR.

Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:35:45 pm by Shadow »
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 01:28:56 am »
There is no more cavalry in NA. Help us Obi--wan Windflower.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 01:41:56 am »
So when can I expect another regiment to play other than 42nd

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 01:51:57 am »

You guys and the 3eVolt crew are the only competitive groups left in NA. There is no one else.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 03:06:33 am »

You guys and the 3eVolt crew are the only competitive groups left in NA. There is no one else.
but moraine revived comp!!!
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 03:27:01 am »
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 04:41:45 am »
When Jolly or Uni decides to schedule a match for once.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 05:30:37 am »
Even in EU, there are fewer and fewer regiments playing actively competitive (inf wise) yet again, as long as tournament titles are sort of contested between at least 3-4 regiments, and a few other can provide close matchup against these regiments, it makes things interesting and worth it. Even for last RGL which is a melee based contest (and therefore doesn't give much room to small/medium regiments to exist compared to bigger structures), it was still very indecisive until the clashes between 15thYR / 91st / K-KA and these matches were a hell of a close affair.

Even the EU cavalry competitive community is more active than NA, we have at least 6-7 regiments all capable to beat each other in a good day even if some are obviously more of a favourite.

Having the whole competitive NA scene based on two regiments constantly clashing each other isn't really anything interesting. I understand that there is no 'magic', you can't force people to play an 8yo game and with the NA community always having to be smaller than the EU, it's not much of a surprise to end up with such situation.

I don't really know the NA community all the well either, but isn't there a possibility for a third or fourth competitive group to be revived (even if it would only be for the duration of a league) and something Windflower could help with? I know atm there is the 15e but considering how the two bigs have difficulties scheduling matches with them, I am not sure what's up with it.

Also good luck with your term Windflower!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 05:38:41 am »
Even in EU, there are fewer and fewer regiments playing actively competitive (inf wise) yet again, as long as tournament titles are sort of contested between at least 3-4 regiments, and a few other can provide close matchup against these regiments, it makes things interesting and worth it. Even for last RGL which is a melee based contest (and therefore doesn't give much room to small/medium regiments to exist compared to bigger structures), it was still very indecisive until the clashes between 15thYR / 91st / K-KA and these matches were a hell of a close affair.

Even the EU cavalry competitive community is more active than NA, we have at least 6-7 regiments all capable to beat each other in a good day even if some are obviously more of a favourite.

Having the whole competitive NA scene based on two regiments constantly clashing each other isn't really anything interesting. I understand that there is no 'magic', you can't force people to play an 8yo game and with the NA community always having to be smaller than the EU, it's not much of a surprise to end up with such situation.

I don't really know the NA community all the well either, but isn't there a possibility for a third or fourth competitive group to be revived (even if it would only be for the duration of a league) and something Windflower could help with? I know atm there is the 15e but considering how the two bigs have difficulties scheduling matches with them, I am not sure what's up with it.

Also good luck with your term Windflower!
Problem is no one has the drive or following really to do that.

15e had a decent lineup until they got bored of never having matches because certain people didn't like losing or whatever so now a lot of their good players left for LG and 42nd

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 05:45:39 am »
Double post but also, even with most of the competitive players in NA are in one of these regiments and we still barely manage 20v20. Our player base is just too small from people not being exposed to comp or getting raped and giving up on getting better.

Of course I could also just try to refuse people from joining or split the reg but, yea no

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 05:54:30 am »
I hear you, but surely the contrary is true as well. LG/42nd have been around literally forever with the same people leading / same core. You probably have players who can't stand either of the people in these, but because they want to play NW competitive, they don't have really the choice and end up picking the one they 'dislike' the least.

If a third option was offered to them with competent leadership, don't you think they would be tempted to give it a try? (even if as I said, its only for the duration of one tournament/league). Or is there no way for a third decent option to rise-up unless one of the two regiments quoted above disband/goes inactive?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:13:27 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 05:57:51 am »
brb gonna get Nappy to reform 45e
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 06:34:00 am »
If Jolly or Uni decides to get some comp stuff 15e can easily bring 20+ since we brought 30+ against the HRE in the league match.