Author Topic: The Dragon's Cavalry Tournament | 5vs5 | 1stPlace : DCL Team 1  (Read 55013 times)

Offline TxM

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Dragon's Cavalry Tournament | 5vs5 | Week 3 announced !
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2020, 11:38:10 pm »

And the Simps are a good team made mostly of players who are used to cav vs cav fights. They got their second kill in 6th round.

I would like to thank the event organizers for providing yet another solid proof that NW patch 1.2 changes to hussar and heavy cav classes brought horrible imbalance,
to the point that these classes should fight in separate categories and never mix.

These changes were lobbied for by certain heavy cav players (who are, by nature of their mentality, always on the lookout for any advantage they can grab) and approved and implemented by FSE, who either have no clue about how their own game works or just didn't give a damn.

Just to recoup what changes we are talking about:

Hussars:
-reduction in light sabre range (supposedly to fix "ghost length" issue, which was the worst way to go about it, and it didn't really fix it, nor did heavy swords receive same treatment)

Heavy cav:
-increase in horse maneuver (thereby taking away from hussars the only advantage they had over other classes, also this increases the speed of sword swing if used right),
-increase in hit points (the effect of this in team fights shouldn't need an explanation)

The effect of these changes multiply with skill*number of players in team.

Heavy cav players are victims of these changes as well, for their successes will be rightfully disputed by experienced players. Of course advantages don't compensate for skill, but watching skilled heavy cav players patting themselves on their helmets, denying the OPness of their class and organizing mixed category tournaments is just, ugh... Truth be told, the ones we should be really angry at is FSE.

Now call me toxic because I am, but what are you?

*Mic Drop*

Offline Husarion7k

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2020, 08:57:08 am »
Anotha one  ::)

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2020, 09:54:13 am »
Frankly, I don't really get your message.
It doesn't seem to me that the Heavy Cavalry is invulnerable. I get the feeling you're looking for a bad excuse to justify your defeat. Besides, it seems obvious to me that there was a huge gap in level between our two teams. It's not as if the score had been 7-6, then maybe we could have discussed the advantages or defects of certain classes. Now, for this match, the score is: 7-0! So even if the DCL had played hussar against you, the score would have been the same. You would have lost 7-0.
In short, in my opinion your message is not even worth taking seriously. Your excuse to justify your heavy defeat is false. The truth is, you lost to one of the favourites and there's no shame in it. Nevertheless, good luck for the rest of the tournament.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2020, 10:42:33 am »
I mean, he even admis that his message is fueled by anger BUT he‘s coming here straight facts and solid points, while you‘re only response to those messages is 'you might have several thousands hours in this game and be extremely experienced but you‘re just way too bad so it‘s not worthy of a reasonable response' which just shows that you still live in this dream world where everyone who argues and brings up convincing points about the unrepugnable broken changes they did to heavies is just 'mad cuz bad'.

yikes
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline PierreTheillet

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2020, 10:46:37 am »

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37855.0

- Sword lengths for cavalry were standardized. Light sabers are at 101 length. Heavy cavalry or other long cavalry swords are 110.
- Heavy and medium horses are "slightly" more maneuverable.

AHAHAHHA
Big difference

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2020, 11:06:21 am »
Frankly, I don't really get your message.

That is because your ability to understand things, which is a product of intelligence and intuition, is extremely low.
And absolutely everything you wrote below that is pure BS.

It doesn't seem to me that the Heavy Cavalry is invulnerable. I get the feeling you're looking for a bad excuse to justify your defeat.

I am not even part of the Simps team, you silly person.

Besides, it seems obvious to me that there was a huge gap in level between our two teams. It's not as if the score had been 7-6, then maybe we could have discussed the advantages or defects of certain classes. Now, for this match, the score is: 7-0! So even if the DCL had played hussar against you, the score would have been the same. You would have lost 7-0.

I will let the above quote speak for itself. Heavy cav mentality.

In short, in my opinion your message is not even worth taking seriously.

Your tournament is not worth taking seriously. Too bad hussar teams lacked common sense to boycott this vanity festival rigged by organizer to win.

Your excuse to justify your heavy defeat is false. The truth is, you lost to one of the favourites and there's no shame in it. Nevertheless, good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Like we concluded, I am not part of the Simps so it was not my defeat (yet), but nevermind that.
This is exactly the heavy cav mentality I'm talking about. Just pretend there was no groupfight balance breaking change in the game, and call your own team the favorite of the tournament you organized for yourself to win.

Nevertheless, good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Good luck with the rest of your attempt to deface the memory of a dying game by trying to portray yourself as an epic figure who left mark in it.

Offline PierreTheillet

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2020, 11:12:28 am »
The heavy cavalry is supposedly OP is yet you beat the 8pk ?

In short, to finish Hussard or Cuirassier Lourde, both have advantages and disadvantages impossible to say that one is superior to the other.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:14:20 am by PierreTheillet »

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2020, 11:16:58 am »
The heavy cavalry is supposedly OP is yet you beat the 8pk ?

In short, to finish Hussard or Cuirassier Lourde, both have advantages and disadvantages impossible to say that one is superior to the other.

I see that you have designated yourself to spam this page away with crappy arguments.

The answer is simple, the heavy cavalry is OP when the team is good, which is not the case for 8pk (sorry 8pk).

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2020, 11:18:01 am »
I mean thats an discussion we will have all the time. The truth is that you need alot more skill to be successful as an hussar player  then an heavy cav player. Making a bad move gets punished way harder whilst the only obvious advantage you have is the speed.

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2020, 11:28:37 am »

And the Simps are a good team made mostly of players who are used to cav vs cav fights. They got their second kill in 6th round.

I would like to thank the event organizers for providing yet another solid proof that NW patch 1.2 changes to hussar and heavy cav classes brought horrible imbalance,
to the point that these classes should fight in separate categories and never mix.

These changes were lobbied for by certain heavy cav players (who are, by nature of their mentality, always on the lookout for any advantage they can grab) and approved and implemented by FSE, who either have no clue about how their own game works or just didn't give a damn.

Just to recoup what changes we are talking about:

Hussars:
-reduction in light sabre range (supposedly to fix "ghost length" issue, which was the worst way to go about it, and it didn't really fix it, nor did heavy swords receive same treatment)

Heavy cav:
-increase in horse maneuver (thereby taking away from hussars the only advantage they had over other classes, also this increases the speed of sword swing if used right),
-increase in hit points (the effect of this in team fights shouldn't need an explanation)

The effect of these changes multiply with skill*number of players in team.

Heavy cav players are victims of these changes as well, for their successes will be rightfully disputed by experienced players. Of course advantages don't compensate for skill, but watching skilled heavy cav players patting themselves on their helmets, denying the OPness of their class and organizing mixed category tournaments is just, ugh... Truth be told, the ones we should be really angry at is FSE.

Now call me toxic because I am, but what are you?

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2020, 12:25:05 pm »
What is especially fascinating is that no matter the tournament, it is always the same people who complain that the heavy cavalry is OP without having played it at a high level of competition.

I'll go point by point since you don't seem to have understood what seems to be obvious to the majority of players.

First of all, I'm not going to go back to comparing classes. Everyone has their qualities and faults. It is amusing to note that the most used class is the cuirassier class. Why is that? I have my answer, but I don't want to get into this endless debate.
Secondly, I ask you not to insult anyone. I respect your words, but insults on this thread will not be tolerated.

Let me be clear: the first team of the DCL is an elite team. It is made up of members who are veterans and have quite a track record. Each of its members is capable of leading their team to victory. To dare to say that it is because of their class is a real lack of respect! I would even like to add that most of the members of DCL team 1 are as good in cuirassier as they are in hussar. The proof? You can look at the hussars cup scores as well as the results of the different cavalry duels. Michnicki, Naz, Ghazi, me have been in the top players of their teams. Thorvic was in the French hussar team and was one of its best. Not to mention the fact, that every member of this team has beaten the best teams of hussars and cuirassiers at least once.

With a team like this, it's no wonder we won our first three games easily. Likewise, that the OPALs have a really excellent team.

Finally, I would conclude on this, the team we have formed is really a war machine. Whether you consider that the class we've chosen is just bad player behaviour. All of our players have unfairly heard that they are only good because they play a "cheaté" class when in truth they are just full of talent. That's always motivated us to kick ass and we'll continue to do that until the end of the competition!

Finally, in this debate, in order not to pollute the topicality of this thread, I would ask everyone to behave like gentlemen. If you have anything to say to me, please go by steam. Please do not post after this message in order to continue the competition in all serenity. Thank you.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2020, 12:31:20 pm »
And the Simps are a good team made mostly of players who are used to cav vs cav fights.

THANKK, IT TRUE

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2020, 12:54:29 pm »
Only to remind Naz is normally an hussar player. He has never been an regular cuirassier player :)

Offline Andros

• Sergeant
  • ka fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2020, 01:05:29 pm »

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2020, 01:15:22 pm »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players :)
50/50 chance of irony

no irony at all
Play comp inf and you will see how many retards there are like seriously we are too retarded to ban cheaters. Also, we have such legends as flusha who got into Tz0 because he was so retarded that they thought he would be funny as a mascot.