Author Topic: ♞ Hussars Rated (EU) ♞ UPDATED 16-2-2021  (Read 54260 times)

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
  • Side: Union
Re: ♞ Hussars Rated (EU) ♞ UPDATED 15-12-2020
« Reply #435 on: December 17, 2020, 05:08:08 pm »
Many discussions on validity mostly boil down to the inherent subjectivity and/or bias of a list based on ratings. Peoples opinion and reason for assigning a specific ranking to a person is a complex interaction of factors related to 1vs1 performance, probably caf gf performance (as some players in the list also do not really actively participate in 1vs1), and/or other personal experience (performance in trainings, or private play). It is true that people with less exposure or less "exposure friendly" regiments will be inherently disadvantaged here, but this is also why this list did not really claim to be objective, but only as objective as it can be (as such Dokletian's remark to a Framework is more the admittance of bias, not a cover-up).

In my opinion, the reason why Grozni seems to despise the idea of such a list is essentially why these lists are only tolerated in off-topic. They cannot be fair and are potentially easy to be misinterpreted and/or misused (ok probably also because they generate lots and lots of salt). For me, it certainly is just a fun off-topic thread  in a topic that I find interesting (plus I also like data, dont judge).

I do not think that the rankings here likely do influence people's decision making for recruitment. It is not difficult to find the strongest cav regs by looking into competition results and people who do not care about this will not be interested in this list either.

The argument against Ciiges as manger of such a list is controversial. Can you ridicule a product by misbehaviour of its creator? I personally also think Ciiges could be more diplomatic with critiques, but this thread is still Off-topic, so as long as the Moderation does not move in, I see no problem. (maybe to clarify here;  I feel like people overstate the importance of this list. Eventhough this is the only list of its kind, I see it as 'a' list, not 'the' list, which I think should be a good approach with any list or statistic in general)

I feel that this list never claimed to be just nor do I see a measureable benefit to its creator (apart from self-exposure I guess, but thats not necessarily a benefit), thus I do not see a need to be removed from it.
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline Bocom

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #436 on: December 17, 2020, 05:08:33 pm »

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #437 on: December 17, 2020, 05:27:10 pm »
I'm fucking dying, how you can still find the keys on your keyboard with your head so far up your own ass is truly magnificent.

I have a miniature keyboard in my ass. And all my arguments are valid while you have none.

And it would be nice if some guys stop spamming Dutch on English speaking forum, you guys didn't fully take over NW quite yet.

doubt, most of ur arguments are useless since you misinterpret everything Dokle said. You blame the creator & raters because you only get rated "properly" if you are in the top 4 regiments which is klinklare onzin. We can't do anything about it that smaller/worse regiments only fight other regiments at their level so we don't get a proper look at their skill level.

For example: Players from 33rd like Giorno, SirLegion, Uganda are rated worse than they would be in regiments which are more competitive, simply because their regiments don't allow them to show their skill by not organizing a training match vs a higher skilled regiment.

You are correct. As you keep confirming my point, which is that this list's ranking concept allows players to rank up only if they fight in big 1v1s, thereby they have to be a member of one of the very few big competitive regiments.

Therefore, initially including so many players who are not members of these regiments, without even asking them, gave this list all the qualities of a recruitment scam, that hooks the players by showing them an initially low rank that will be fixed once they join one of few regiments.

If something has qualities of a scam it is a scam, and rather than defending it you should think about how to fix it further. I can't say for sure to what extent this was planned, or was it even on purpose, but some facts remain:

1) The list started with a claim that *all* active players who were forcibly added, no matter what regiment they are in, will be rated according to their skill. This is a naive claim and an impossible task, therefore the list has quickly deformed into what it is now.

2) To believe that members and captains of a tiny amount of regiments who are giving out ranking will have the accuracy of the list in their dearest concern is naive. Since this was "fixed" by involving an equal number of members of a few regiments, the list is still just a recruiting tool whose power is shared among a small number of regiments.

3) By its nature, the list will be autistically defended by those who were given high rank in it.

4) Not quite a fact yet but an important point, Ciiges is in my opinion not fit to run such a list, apart from being seen acting like an angry kid in some occasions, in my personal case I can say his refusal to fix Parigon's regiment label shows that he is not a servant to all that he is supposed to be, but rather forces his will on the list whenever he sees fit. Yes, he may have done the work of starting it, but if he is the only guy who can use excel sheets then this corrupt list should just stop.

One constructive solution I can offer is stop pretending this is an all encompassing ranking list of active hussars, and turn it into some sort of a major league player ranking that is clearly limited to only a certain number of regiments. Then it will stop being a scam, even though it started as one, and will evolve into a toxic but valid ranking list.

Offline TxM

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
« Reply #438 on: December 17, 2020, 05:30:20 pm »
....Lads...

Offline Aless

• First Lieutenant
  • a
    • View Profile
    • que ?
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #439 on: December 17, 2020, 05:34:48 pm »
Your statement of this list being planned entirely to lure members from smaller regs into bigger ones gives me the same feeling as the 5G mind control paranoists.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #440 on: December 17, 2020, 05:37:44 pm »
I put too much time into making, coding, balancing, producing the list and gathering data, to write out huge paragraphs with whatever I think of anything on here. You literally have no arguments for saying I am unfit to run a fucking list besides "he wont change pari's regiment to the 10thRH" boo fucking hoo Groczni.

People also seem to forget that I literally have ZERO input in any of the ratings, whatever is on the front page is not my opinion. It's a shared opinion between (initially 12) of the most knowledgeble, respected and/or skilled hussar players. Ofcourse it's an opinion you buffoon, it always is. But atleast it's the average opinion of a wide portion of regiments, and interpretation on how skill should be represented.

The fact of the matter is that your shitty little reg doesn't play enough 1v1's and isn't active enough to be considered an active hussar regiment. Therefore I have decided to put Parilomeus' second reg (the 1er) in his active regiment; because they do play actively and not against shitty teams because they poop themselves at the thought of losing.

Your statement of this list being planned entirely to lure members from smaller regs into bigger ones gives me the same feeling as the 5G mind control paranoists.

Nothing to add really

Offline TxM

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
« Reply #441 on: December 17, 2020, 05:40:23 pm »
I put too much time into making, coding, balancing, producing the list and gathering data, to write out huge paragraphs with whatever I think of anything on here. You literally have no arguments for saying I am unfit to run a fucking list besides "he wont change pari's regiment to the 10thRH" boo fucking hoo Groczni.

People also seem to forget that I literally have ZERO input in any of the ratings, whatever is on the front page is not my opinion. It's a shared opinion between (initially 12) of the most knowledgeble, respected and/or skilled hussar players. Ofcourse it's an opinion you buffoon, it always is. But atleast it's the average opinion of a wide portion of regiments, and interpretation on how skill should be represented.

The fact of the matter is that your shitty little reg doesn't play enough 1v1's and isn't active enough to be considered an active hussar regiment. Therefore I have decided to put Parilomeus' second reg (the 1er) in his active regiment; because they do play actively and not against shitty teams because they poop themselves at the thought of losing.

Nothing to add really

Grozni... Personally I wouldn’t have that...

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 17, 2020, 05:52:21 pm »
This thread is my new favourite source of cringeyness

Offline FreyrDS

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_HussBis_Cpt_FreyrDS
« Reply #443 on: December 17, 2020, 06:09:27 pm »
As someone who has been part of this community since the glory days of 2014, a true veteran if you will, I feel it is my sacred duty to enlighten the people of FSE with my great knowledge and opinion surrounding this grave matter.

I can simply not help but agree with every single point that Grozni makes. Such intelligence cannot be denied.
Of course Ciiges is RUINING this community by DESTROYING the regimental system by ACTIVELY luring good hard working people from the small regiments to the big corporate regiments. This is a blatant attack on the working class and WILL NOT be tolerated! I say it is time for for the workers of the NW community to unite and FIGHT BACK against the hordes of mindless corporate drones hellbent on extinguishing our pure way of life! DOWN WITH THE WEST

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1º Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #444 on: December 17, 2020, 06:11:26 pm »
At the end of the day, you can join 4e and still lose.... like dokletian.

Such a loser.

;D

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #445 on: December 17, 2020, 06:13:01 pm »
Spoiler
This thread is my new favourite source of cringeyness
[close]

At the end of the day, you can join 4e and still lose.... like dokletian.

Such a loser.

;D
that's the Nr6 curse, my dude
all my homies hate trophies
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 06:14:45 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
« Reply #446 on: December 17, 2020, 06:17:20 pm »
I'm fucking dying, how you can still find the keys on your keyboard with your head so far up your own ass is truly magnificent.

I have a miniature keyboard in my ass. And all my arguments are valid while you have none.

And it would be nice if some guys stop spamming Dutch on English speaking forum, you guys didn't fully take over NW quite yet.

doubt, most of ur arguments are useless since you misinterpret everything Dokle said. You blame the creator & raters because you only get rated "properly" if you are in the top 4 regiments which is klinklare onzin. We can't do anything about it that smaller/worse regiments only fight other regiments at their level so we don't get a proper look at their skill level.

For example: Players from 33rd like Giorno, SirLegion, Uganda are rated worse than they would be in regiments which are more competitive, simply because their regiments don't allow them to show their skill by not organizing a training match vs a higher skilled regiment.

You are correct. As you keep confirming my point, which is that this list's ranking concept allows players to rank up only if they fight in big 1v1s, thereby they have to be a member of one of the very few big competitive regiments.

Therefore, initially including so many players who are not members of these regiments, without even asking them, gave this list all the qualities of a recruitment scam, that hooks the players by showing them an initially low rank that will be fixed once they join one of few regiments.

If something has qualities of a scam it is a scam, and rather than defending it you should think about how to fix it further. I can't say for sure to what extent this was planned, or was it even on purpose, but some facts remain:

1) The list started with a claim that *all* active players who were forcibly added, no matter what regiment they are in, will be rated according to their skill. This is a naive claim and an impossible task, therefore the list has quickly deformed into what it is now.

2) To believe that members and captains of a tiny amount of regiments who are giving out ranking will have the accuracy of the list in their dearest concern is naive. Since this was "fixed" by involving an equal number of members of a few regiments, the list is still just a recruiting tool whose power is shared among a small number of regiments.

3) By its nature, the list will be autistically defended by those who were given high rank in it.

4) Not quite a fact yet but an important point, Ciiges is in my opinion not fit to run such a list, apart from being seen acting like an angry kid in some occasions, in my personal case I can say his refusal to fix Parigon's regiment label shows that he is not a servant to all that he is supposed to be, but rather forces his will on the list whenever he sees fit. Yes, he may have done the work of starting it, but if he is the only guy who can use excel sheets then this corrupt list should just stop.

One constructive solution I can offer is stop pretending this is an all encompassing ranking list of active hussars, and turn it into some sort of a major league player ranking that is clearly limited to only a certain number of regiments. Then it will stop being a scam, even though it started as one, and will evolve into a toxic but valid ranking list.
Not what I said but k.

Offline Naz

• Corporal
  • Best player EU - 1v1 me Roblox
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Best Player EU
« Reply #447 on: December 17, 2020, 06:19:19 pm »
As someone who has been part of this community since the glory days of 2014, a true veteran if you will, I feel it is my sacred duty to enlighten the people of FSE with my great knowledge and opinion surrounding this grave matter.

I can simply not help but agree with every single point that Grozni makes. Such intelligence cannot be denied.
Of course Ciiges is RUINING this community by DESTROYING the regimental system by ACTIVELY luring good hard working people from the small regiments to the big corporate regiments. This is a blatant attack on the working class and WILL NOT be tolerated! I say it is time for for the workers of the NW community to unite and FIGHT BACK against the hordes of mindless corporate drones hellbent on extinguishing our pure way of life! DOWN WITH THE WEST

I have to agree with my fellow countryman, despite him coming from the Southern part of The Netherlands. How can a person that only has 200 hours in this game even be allowed to make a list which is supposed to represent the skills of players that have ten times the amount of playtime he has, utterly disgusting. Admins, please fix.
No bitch boys in chat.

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
  • Side: Union
« Reply #448 on: December 17, 2020, 06:32:59 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
The premise of your recuitment scam theory lies on the assumption that people are making it their main goal in their nw "career" to advance in this particular list, otherwise there would be no motivation to feel pressured to join a strong regiment. I strongly doubt this to be the case.
Trying to make the list more valid by just including only some regiments (while not being a bad idea) would not elivate your hypothesized recruitment issue, as then one would only get listed by being in said regiments to begin with. It would also not eliviate validity too much, as then one could point out, that regiments still differ in quality ( I guess scores could be normalized by regimental performance, but then we would need a regimental performance measure).
Lastly, I am defending this list even though I am listed in Tier 4... Is this ruled under implied exceptions in your argument?
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 17, 2020, 06:49:36 pm »
The real proof that this is all a scam is that ciiges hasn't added a rating for himself when he is eating, which would be T4 at best imo
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]