Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 935770 times)

Offline Dom_

• Donator
  • boi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kafka // Robert Black
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #3360 on: March 13, 2014, 03:48:29 pm »
I Agree entirely with what st3fan has said, it has also been enjoyable for the 18e (83rd) Despite all the problems etc. that it gave us as a regiment.
it's nice to see how well you guys have bounced back

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3361 on: March 13, 2014, 03:49:28 pm »
I Agree entirely with what st3fan has said, it has also been enjoyable for the 18e (83rd) Despite all the problems etc. that it gave us as a regiment.
it's nice to see how well you guys have bounced back
Thanks DOM :D
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #3362 on: March 13, 2014, 05:45:38 pm »
A blocking training can do miracles :P

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 13, 2014, 05:46:19 pm »
Shh noob!

Offline ztree

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 78th_Pte_Finlay_MacNab
« Reply #3364 on: March 13, 2014, 10:20:35 pm »
I'd like to suggest a new rule for next season that allows to have a voluntary referee judge a match, if both parties agree on him before the match. He then has the absolute power to make decisions on the spot then and there. This could help with hindering rule breaks that are otherwise difficult to do something against after the battle and with no or little evidence, for example, FIC, fire out of line, officer aim, teamkilling trolls (resetting the round or no), not filling in gaps etc.

But this would just be optional and if both parties can't agree on a referee or if one isn't available at the time, things would go as they are now. So this would not be a hassle for the league organizers, because they have nothing to do with the individual referees (except they want to be a referee themselves from time to time) and maybe help a couple matches to be more fair and according to  the rules.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3365 on: March 14, 2014, 09:09:12 am »
You are correct In saying this should be a rule but the terms should be different. If you are going to insert this rule it should either be in ALL matches or if either regiment ask for one (optional), if a regiment is arguing against a referee it is clear they're going to break rules and need to be watched. But if you go with the optional rule then the regiment should have to give you a day or over warning saying they would like a referee. Giving you time to find a spare one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #3366 on: March 14, 2014, 12:57:32 pm »
If referees are going to be added, which really shouldn't be necessary as we all SHOULD be mature and responsible but unfortunately not everyone is, then don't make it optional but add them to all battles. If you're going to make it optional, so both leaders have to agree on a referee then the regiment who is intending to play dirty is obviously not going to say yes.

Instead of a referee I would make some sort of warning system to get rid of the rulebreakers. I'd say give someone 2 chances, if they heavily rulebreak the first time give them a warning (it will be decided if a warning is necessary by DasBrot and Bever after them taking a look at the video material), if they break rules again disqualify them from NWL. This way you get rid of the rulebreakers, you keep the mature and responsible regiments, you don't need referees and the NWL experience is even better.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3367 on: March 14, 2014, 12:58:35 pm »

You speaking from experience?  :-*

Offline 14e_Knight

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 14e Website
« Reply #3368 on: March 14, 2014, 01:21:46 pm »
Can't wait to begin the first league of the third season :O
14e bullies, making people cri since 2011
Knight is the coolest person in the world.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: March 14, 2014, 01:48:45 pm »
Last matchday! Good luck for the last time! :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #3370 on: March 14, 2014, 03:14:37 pm »
Referees are an absolutely crucial point to have in a tournament. The fact is, with all due respect, the hosts are incapable of dealing with the post-facto complaints, we have even been told to be polite and not press the issue because the opponents were a worse regiment, and we should hand them the round... (Credit where credit is due, they would have won that particular round officer aiming or not, but then again they were officer aiming throughout the LB (I believe I was shot 5-6 times during the LB dying about half of he time), so I feel that there should be some form of consequence to the aggregate offense)

The rules should be the same for everyone, and enforced the same for everyone. The point is, the current set-up encourages people to cheat with impunity and then lawyer their way out of it after the event because a) they did not win b) some things can apparently be ridiculously hard to prove post-facto even with video or c) it isn't considered as a major influence on the round.

Offline Eustache19

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: March 14, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »
The LB bewteen the 18e and the 23e will be broadcasted on twitch.
If you want to follow this LB on saturday 15th at 7.30pm, click on this link (this is the official Twitch channel of the 23e): http://www.twitch.tv/eustache19/

Hope to have a good linebattle against the 18e !

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: March 14, 2014, 05:19:49 pm »
The LB bewteen the 18e and the 23e will be broadcasted on twitch.
If you want to follow this LB on saturday 15th at 7.30pm, click on this link (this is the official Twitch channel of the 23e): http://www.twitch.tv/eustache19/

Hope to have a good linebattle against the 18e !
GL HF :)

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: March 14, 2014, 05:42:13 pm »
Referees are an absolutely crucial point to have in a tournament. The fact is, with all due respect, the hosts are incapable of dealing with the post-facto complaints, we have even been told to be polite and not press the issue because the opponents were a worse regiment, and we should hand them the round... (Credit where credit is due, they would have won that particular round officer aiming or not, but then again they were officer aiming throughout the LB (I believe I was shot 5-6 times during the LB dying about half of he time), so I feel that there should be some form of consequence to the aggregate offense)

The rules should be the same for everyone, and enforced the same for everyone. The point is, the current set-up encourages people to cheat with impunity and then lawyer their way out of it after the event because a) they did not win b) some things can apparently be ridiculously hard to prove post-facto even with video or c) it isn't considered as a major influence on the round.

Wow. Such GG. I just told you to show me good proofs. We won't change scores if the proofs aren't good enough. That's all I said. Tell it right or don't do it.
I said it would be polite to give the only round you lost to your enemy, but not that I won't deal with the issue.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #3374 on: March 14, 2014, 06:04:59 pm »

Wow. Such GG. I just told you to show me good proofs. We won't change scores if the proofs aren't good enough. That's all I said. Tell it right or don't do it.
I said it would be polite to give the only round you lost to your enemy, but not that I won't deal with the issue.

Quite. To be fair you only saw these screenshots today, yet still they do demonstrate that I was shot several times in before the round we appealed, so it wasn't just a one round occurrence, and we had been patient with it up until that point.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237086955
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237087067

Secondly, this is the video you requested:

The camera turns and I am out of the frame at 2.02 and I am shot at 2.04. As seen before the camera pans away I am very close to their line, so it cannot really be a stray bullet, I am at one of the far ends of the line. Sure, I guess we technically could have formed a moshpit around me in 2 seconds so that I would get shot and appeal the round. But it does not seem quite that plausible. Especially when you consider the track-record of the officer targeting. (It happened in other rounds as well, but I did not screenshot those, and I do not know if we still have video for that).