Author Topic: NWWC 2017  (Read 363692 times)

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NWWC 2017
« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2017, 07:46:32 pm »
*Sigh* I feel like this is almost a waste of time explaining why we're soo few. Consider all the big nations who are joining in here, all these countries have at the very least like 40+ millions of inhabitants and a larger community within its country.

Now I see some retards (not going to mention names here) posting ignorant shit about how Norway-Denmark and Sweden-Finland are both capable of fielding their own teams. Norway and Denmark together only have about 11 million people, whereas Sweden and Finland together field around 15 million. Together all four of us would have 26 million people and would obviously be able to have a team capable of being on par with any other "big" nation. So when you come here giving some shitty analog with Turkey or some other populated country (having 70+ million people) and say how YOU struggle to get good players to field a team, then fuck if we would have an even harder time to field a team with even random scrubs... (with only NOR-DEN & SWE-FIN).

Heck fucking Ukraine's population is at around 43 million people and they whined about not having enough to field a team last NWWC or the one before that, how does that justify their coalition when the Nordic coalition would have a population of at best 26 million people? Or a Scandinavian team of 20,5 million people? (20,8 with Iceland)

Even Austria is no longer able to field a team anymore, and Belgium would be lucky to have a team as well considering their size and active community. Both of them should be in some coalition (Belgium with Netherlands) and Austria with Switzerland. Because unless you give the minor nations a chance, you'll be looking at an NWWC with at best 10 nations.

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zappy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #571 on: March 10, 2017, 07:49:46 pm »
*Sigh* I feel like this is almost a waste of time explaining why we're soo few. Consider all the big nations who are joining in here, all these countries have at the very least like 40+ millions of inhabitants and a larger community within its country.

Now I see some retards (not going to mention names here) posting ignorant shit about how Norway-Denmark and Sweden-Finland are both capable of fielding their own teams. Norway and Denmark together only have about 11 million people, whereas Sweden and Finland together field around 15 million. Together all four of us would have 26 million people and would obviously be able to have a team capable of being on par with any other "big" nation. So when you come here giving some shitty analog with Turkey or some other populated country (having 70+ million people) and say how YOU struggle to get good players to field a team, then fuck if we would have an even harder time to field a team with even random scrubs... (with only NOR-DEN & SWE-FIN).

Heck fucking Ukraine's population is at around 43 million people and they whined about not having enough to field a team last NWWC or the one before that, how does that justify their coalition when the Nordic coalition would have a population of at best 26 million people? Or a Scandinavian team of 20,5 million people? (20,8 with Iceland)

Even Austria is no longer able to field a team anymore, and Belgium would be lucky to have a team as well considering their size and active community. Both of them should be in some coalition (Belgium with Netherlands) and Austria with Switzerland. Because unless you give the minor nations a chance, you'll be looking at an NWWC with at best 10 nations.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #572 on: March 10, 2017, 08:18:19 pm »

Im not against a coalition between 2 country but 2+ coalitions will bother me , especially If like even bob can name 10 swedish players and Im sure there are like many other , hell they can go merge with FIN and they will have great players from them Janne Ase Cletus Staffan as I told Im not against it . Neither Im against NOR&DEN team , the thing is you guys just dont try hard enough to reach out your countrymen and keep bitching about lack of active players . Maybe you dont have enough active players "you know of" but there will be always freshblood in the community , you just need to risk it as Im doing the same with the current turkish roster right now I dont know most of the people that will be in trial and probably in team .

Offline Nethros

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e | Fischera
« Reply #573 on: March 10, 2017, 08:48:56 pm »
I had an Ayran and a Kebab today, Rebellious.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #574 on: March 10, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »
2nd Issue: The Nordic countries...one big coalition? FIN+SWE and DEN+NOR? Or something completely different?

I don't know about Sweden or Finland, but it's clear Denmark and Norway can't play separately considering the declining numbers of active players who know about the FSE forum and want to play in NWWC. If Sweden and Finland can't make a team together, then we all might as well have a Nordic team, or perhaps kick Finland out and have team Scandinavia (with Iceland).  ;)
I think putting all four nations together would be a step too far considering DEN + NOR and SWE + FIN should both be able to make teams together.

*sigh* Did you even read my post?
Yes, as I have said twice now I am all for a merge between 2 of the 4 nations (e.g. DEN + NOR and FIN + SWE together). I am not saying you should all be individual nations but if you try and say that Denmark & Norway Coalition and a Swedish + Finnish Coaliton could not make two separate teams then you'd simply be chatting shit. I do not think it is necessary for all 4 nations to merge together to make a 'strong' team, with Finland just off the top of my head you would gain Janne, Cletus and Ase.

You're obviously incapable of reading. This is exactly my point, ppl with no insight telling us what we can and cannot do without having a clue what they talking about. If you'd rather not have us make one team simply  because the fear of losing to it then fine idgaf, It has nothing to do with a "super team" as Reb put it but I can understand that he'd shit the bed having to play a Team Scandinavia, I just want to participate. Well, if there's 11 more apps from renown active swedish comp players popping up I guess you're right and we got a team.
Bro, you need minimum 10 players for Team Sweden/Team Sweden+Team Finland, what is problem?

There is players of V75 (10):
Stark, Epicpizza, Him, Alator, Merrox, Carolus, Sticklitz, Kevin99, Chr!570ph3r (as I know, they are all sweeds)

There is players of Team Finland (4 as minimum):
Staffan, Ase, Janne, Cletus

= 14 players (strong team af btw)
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #575 on: March 10, 2017, 09:01:38 pm »
Consider all the big nations who are joining in here, all these countries have at the very least like 40+ millions of inhabitants

From all the arguments you could possibly use, you picked the less relevant...
That doesn't mean shit unless it's fucking China compared to Liechtenstein
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 10, 2017, 09:10:02 pm »
Cazasar lol Finland + Sweden makes no sense, they have completly different languages. It's like Hungary + Slovakia.

Offline Nethros

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 10, 2017, 09:11:40 pm »
I swear 75% of this thread's posts are about coalitions.

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 10, 2017, 09:12:42 pm »
I think for the sake of a competitive tournament, the 'Nordic' countries should be allowed to form a coalition of sorts and we should stop patronising them when they ask if they can do this.

Obviously it would be possible for maybe Sweden and Denmark to field enough players on their own, but, I imagine that a lot of those players would not be very good at the game or would be there simply because they were begged to attend by a captain.

What's wrong with having a selection of the best players form a team together? The amount of good, active players in this community is dwindling and I don't think we should be trying to create obstacles for nations to work together to bring a competitive team to the NWWC 2017.

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2017, 09:13:31 pm »
Cazasar lol Finland + Sweden makes no sense, they have completly different languages. It's like Hungary + Slovakia.
^

Offline Nethros

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 10, 2017, 09:15:05 pm »
I think for the sake of a competitive tournament, the 'Nordic' countries should be allowed to form a coalition of sorts and we should stop patronising them when they ask if they can do this.

Obviously it would be possible for maybe Sweden and Denmark to field enough players on their own, but, I imagine that a lot of those players would not be very good at the game or would be there simply because they were begged to attend by a captain.

What's wrong with having a selection of the best players form a team together? The amount of good, active players in this community is dwindling and I don't think we should be trying to create obstacles for nations to work together to bring a competitive team to the NWWC 2017.
Well less people get to play if coalitions are around. IF a team can field players, they shouldn't be entering in a coalition.

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 10, 2017, 09:20:08 pm »

Well less people get to play if coalitions are around. IF a team can field players, they shouldn't be entering in a coalition.

That's assuming more people want to play than are allowed to be in the coalition team. I still think having a better team, especially in these times where the standard of melee now has such a large gap between the best and worst players, is preferable to allowing more people to participate.

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 10, 2017, 09:26:23 pm »

<3

Offline Hepty

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 18e_SgtMaj_Hepty
« Reply #583 on: March 10, 2017, 09:42:28 pm »
Nation: Great Britan
Player's Name: Hepty
Player's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hepty7

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #584 on: March 10, 2017, 09:51:12 pm »
message me to play against spain (as fucking always) stop spamming anyone else wtf russian and austrian mongels
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan