Author Topic: The European Union  (Read 38827 times)

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The European Union
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 06:49:14 pm »
No EU, they wanted to ban

Spoiler
[close]

Because it is disgusting and very harmfull to the person using it.
And it's a well established tradition for swedes to be self destructive and repulsive, stay the f*** back.

Offline Marton

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »
Hate to break your bubble Marton but Hungary along with a lot of Eastern Europe benefit massively from the EU. Due to the way they spend their budget.

Nope.

And yes the Jobbik is still doing good. The media call them neo-nazis but without reason. There is nothing wrong with their politics.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »
No EU, they wanted to ban

Spoiler
[close]

Because it is disgusting and very harmfull to the person using it.
And it's a well established tradition for swedes to be self destructive and repulsive, stay the f*** back.

Spoiler
[close]

fair enough

AeroNinja

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 06:56:11 pm »
I want Turkiye in Europah :(   .   Turykiye wants it but europa with its rules...

Offline Highlander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Highderlander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 07:11:57 pm »
I like the idea of the EU, but right now it is not executed correctly. I would like the EU to have slightly less power, but leaving it would be a huge mistake for many countries.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 07:15:07 pm »
I want Turkiye in Europah :(   .   Turykiye wants it but europa with its rules...
Turkey is violating human rights all the time, they support the syrian rebels with ammunition for RPGs and Erdogan is a moron. I really hope that Turkey is not allowed to join until they actually fullfill the rulesets.

The EU in the beginning was a good thing. Free trade without duties. However I believe that the EU is too much of a bureaucratical institution and they interfer in topics which should be handled by each nation on their own. I am actually not really sure what to think currently. Germany is paying the main things together with France and helps everyone survive. The EU should be a union of nations who are able to have their own industry and economy without the need from others. The currency fond was the worst idea they could come up with once the weaker nations (regarding economy) started to stumble.

Offline alpkerem

• Second Lieutenant
  • Nr.24 moar liek Nr 1
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sheikh alpkerem
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »
Turkey is violating human rights all the time, they support the syrian rebels with ammunition for RPGs and Erdogan is a moron. I really hope that Turkey is not allowed to join until they actually fullfill the rulesets.

The EU in the beginning was a good thing. Free trade without duties. However I believe that the EU is too much of a bureaucratical institution and they interfer in topics which should be handled by each nation on their own. I am actually not really sure what to think currently. Germany is paying the main things together with France and helps everyone survive. The EU should be a union of nations who are able to have their own industry and economy without the need from others. The currency fond was the worst idea they could come up with once the weaker nations (regarding economy) started to stumble.
y u med brü, u jelus?
wow, ur mürkel is a violation. lel actually shes violated by NSA ğğ wp
u herd it here thirst, alp likes 2 breaking the rules

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 08:18:13 pm »
What I mean by "as close to the people as possible" is that we should not move all of the power from the nation states to the EU.
EU is at the movement an anti-democratic union which aims to unite all of Europe in a united states of Europe.

For the European nations! Against EU!

What is also very funny is that barely anyone knows who the President of the European Council is...
It's because he has never been elected! At the same time he makes more cash than Obama!
This guy, our ghost dictator is called "Herman Van Rompuy"

Spoiler
[close]

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 08:34:01 pm »
As he's belgian here we did know that there WAS an election and believe me when I say he isn't a 'ghost dictator'

On a side note
[close]

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2013, 08:35:44 pm »
As he's belgian here we did know that there WAS an election and believe me when I say he isn't a 'ghost dictator'

On a side note
[close]
He was voted to be the Belgian PM, not the President of the EU council.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2013, 08:40:10 pm »

On a side note
[close]
Oh god no no no no no no no no no.
He was selected to be the president of the European council. Because if there were european-wide elections majority of the people wouldn't know the people who are up for election and an actual election would be to much of a hassle.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 08:42:48 pm »

On a side note
[close]
Oh god no no no no no no no no no.
He was selected to be the president of the European council. Because if there were european-wide elections majority of the people wouldn't know the people who are up for election and an actual election would be to much of a hassle.
Then they would just need to have some kind of election campaign.
We can't just remove democracy because it would be a "hassle".

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »
Obviously (for those that have not dissected my name yet) I am a big supporter of a collective European State. However, I do not feel in it's current state it is fit to govern even a small village. Their obsession with being the final say in their member's actions is not required.

As we've seen in other "collective states", it's very hard to persuade different countries with different politics to work together. And the simple solution to this is... Well to not make them work together. For a unified state to exist the individual states must stay in control of their own; economics, trade, public spending, police,immigration and (to a certain extent) taxation. This way the more complicated issues that work best at smaller scales can continue to be run how the people of each state see fit and to match their usual policies. This is to prevent 'fall outs' with the main government.

Organisations/Areas that should be regulated and/or controlled by the centralized government should be (but are not limited to):
  • The Military
  • Welfare
  • Embassies
  • Human Rights
  • Political/Media/Justice Corruption of any sort should be reviewed on a Continental scale in order to guarantee fairness
This way a reasonable standard of living can be achieved all over the continent and not just in the wealthier states.

If the EU could manage to stick out of people's business and allow successful countries to continue to be so without the need to intervene we could be looking a strong Union and one that would make the entire continent more competitive on a world scale and can also utilise it's vast resources for the good of it's people.

Of course, this is nowhere near the current EU that likes to just disrupt us all and if anything, splits us all apart.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 08:47:21 pm »
What power do you think he actually has, Oscar?

The EU council doesn't even have real legistative power. It acts as the precidency of the union. Don't blame it all on one man and calling him a ghost dictator is just plain ridicioulus.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 08:55:07 pm »
What power do you think he actually has, Oscar?

The EU council doesn't even have real legistative power. It acts as the precidency of the union. Don't blame it all on one man and calling him a ghost dictator is just plain ridicioulus.
Sorry, I might have overreacted. I just don't want to see a European federal state. I can't see myself being apart of the same state as Brits, Romanians, Dutch, Germans etc.