Author Topic: Your first reenactment  (Read 27327 times)

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
Your first reenactment
« on: March 05, 2013, 04:18:51 am »
I recommend adding in your first, any pictures, and describe it. If you do multiple time periods or impressions, talk about your first time doing those.

I think this is one of my earliest reenactments I actually went with my dad to. Upstate NY. I'm on the right and my brother is on the left. This was before the cool HJ uniforms were available. Fucking spoiled brats today. I envy them. >:c I can only guess, but I think this was taken during Jan or Feb of '03.
Spoiler
[close]

My first time doing WWII where I actually went into battle. This was at Sully Plantation, a living history in Northern VA not too far from Dulles Airport, I think. ME262's flying overhead we joked about. I'm in the center and my brother is on my left with my father on my right. I was doing Fallschirmjäger as an Unteroffizer. Doc Martens as jump boots and some other "falsch"ie goodness. But for the most part I look OK. This was during the summer of '09.
Spoiler
[close]
First time doing Heer at a living history right across from where I went to elementary for 3rd grade. Hartwood, VA. Still wearing the Docs and everything I'm wearing is loaner. Bad 60s post-war gemaschen as well. Summer of '11.
Spoiler
[close]

First time doing WWI with a loaner helmet and tunic. I'm still trying to fix myself up. Have my own tunic and a 1918 helmet I plan on replacing with a M16 and also getting a pickelhaube. This was taken at Newville, PA in the spring of '12. In a night raid managed to fight and sneak my way to the Allied command bunker and "take out" the command staff. Walked in and had a beer with them, commander was impressed so wrote me a recommendation, made it back to friendly lines safe and turned it in to the German commander. I'll be getting some sort of award when I get voted in my unit. EKII or Württemberg Cross or something.
Spoiler
[close]

This was a living history at White Oak Church in VA. This was right after my first event in Gettysburg which I don't have pictures of. Except my first event I was wearing everything my brother was wearing and the kepi on my youngest brother I still wear now. I still have nightmares about having everything I wore being too small. Still need to replace my kepi, which is too small for my head. xD
Spoiler
[close]
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Your first reenactment
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 04:40:08 am »
My fist was a battle at Kearney Park Fresno. Some 200 or so guys with about 8 cannon. Apparently one of the clubs didnt show up because apparently it had 400 people last year.
Picture of me and my dad. my dad had full loaner gear. I had the loaner forage cap hence the bugle and corps badge on at the same time.
Spoiler
[close]
Video of my unit
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:48:11 am »
Damn......I like your falsch stuff Landrik.

Heres mine,

Graue Mill, it was a old underground railroad stop at a mill. the 10th Illinois volunteer did a living history there, after emailing them about my interest. They invited me to come down and parcipate their drills and checking them out. They loaned me a sack coat and a hat. and some gears to fit in the line. The drills was easy to learn and they were nice bunch of guys. They even offered period lunch as well too which was awesome to eat.

now the pics
Spoiler

[close]

And this was on Sunday, my first time doing a march. we had to do 8 miles.
Spoiler

I'm the one with the axe on the right.

The return march.

The event in total was great,  Blackberry Bourbon sure can keep you warm.
[close]

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 04:50:07 am »
edit: going to half to figure this photo-spoiler thing out
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:07:33 am by munk »
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 04:55:04 am »
My dad's Fallschirmjäger impression is now complete and looks amazing. Much better than what's pictured. Thanks, Deo. You have a good impression for a first time.

Millander, you almost look nothing like your dad, haha.

Munk, your pictures aren't showing up. Just little "x" boxes.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 05:08:47 am »
My dad's Fallschirmjäger impression is now complete and looks amazing. Much better than what's pictured. Thanks, Deo. You have a good impression for a first time.

Millander, you almost look nothing like your dad, haha.

Munk, your pictures aren't showing up. Just little "x" boxes.

Lol thanks, In  fact just today. Got my Illinois State Jacket from Wambaugh and white. I cannot wait to put it in action soon. 

edit: going to half to figure this photo-spoiler thing out

Your forage cap is eating you my good sir.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 05:14:53 am »

Your forage cap is eating you my good sir.
lol a photo did show up   :o
well my Captain told me this, In the Army there are two sizes too small or to big
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 05:42:04 am »
When posting a reply, there's a button on the right above that is labeled "Sp".

But in case you're curious, the code to putting in spoilers is, [ spoiler ] blah blah blah [ / spoiler ]. Naturally, without spaces.

Actually, to spice things up, go ahead and post your most recent photo of your impression to show how you've progressed. I have none for WWI because I had no pictures taken last November.

WWII:
Spoiler

[close]

ACW:
Spoiler
Center

Second from left
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:01 am »
Those are some fiesty rebs  ;D   

I wish I can get more pictures of the march yesterday. We were just damn flithy and sexy looking men of west.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 06:01:38 am »
Me at my first event Gettysburg Remeberance Day parade
Spoiler
[close]

Same photo but un-cropped
Spoiler
[close]

My first "reenactment". This was the Battle of New Market VA
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 06:02:41 am »
But in case you're curious, the code to putting in spoilers is, [ spoiler ] blah blah blah [ / spoiler ]. Naturally, without spaces.

thanks Landrick
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 06:50:20 am »
cap looks a but big on yah bud. Also were you doing right shoulder shift?
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 07:00:29 am »
cap looks a but big on yah bud. Also were you doing right shoulder shift?
yes i was and now that you meation it my god it looks horible lol, but hey this is a photo from my first event ever so it figures.  also the cap was way to big but now i have grown into it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:08:16 am by munk »
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 09:28:15 am »
I don't think I'm going to post any pictures as I've still got missing shit. Re-enacting as a 16 year old in the NL sure has a lot of bumps along the road:/

Bad excuse, I know.

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:55 pm »
I as 7 and I was on Holiday, and I was at Disney land, when a bunch of kids went into a building and came out as Young Jedi Padawans and fought Sith Apprentice's. got no photos because I have lost them. But a lot of little kids left crying because I slashed them with me light saber. We won in the end, because I was there.