Author Topic: Show yourself.  (Read 260711 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Show yourself.
« Reply #1215 on: August 17, 2013, 08:02:12 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Nice try.

Now without the watermark
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1216 on: August 17, 2013, 08:36:54 pm »
Hate to bust your bubble, but not just the Russians used the colour green. The Kingdom of Holland, the Danes, the Brits, the French, the Austrians, the Italians, the Spaniards and the Kingdom of the Netherlands all used green to dress entire regiments. I'm probably forgetting a nation or two, but these were the ones I could come up with.

Whats the difference?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1217 on: August 17, 2013, 08:42:38 pm »
Hate to bust your bubble, but not just the Russians used the colour green. The Kingdom of Holland, the Danes, the Brits, the French, the Austrians, the Italians, the Spaniards and the Kingdom of the Netherlands all used green to dress entire regiments. I'm probably forgetting a nation or two, but these were the ones I could come up with.

Whats the difference?

Antillees?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 17, 2013, 10:45:27 pm »

Whats the difference?

The kingdom of Holland existed from 1806 to 1810 and was ruled by Napoleons brother Louis (Or Lodewijk, in Dutch). It consisted of pretty much the modern Netherlands, minus Limburg, but with East-Frisia. Most importantly, it was a allied or client state of France. Their standard infantry colour was white.

The kingdom of the United Netherlands existed from 1815 to 1831 (Or 1839, depending how you look at things) and was ruled by the Orange-Nassau dynasty. It consisted of the Northern Netherlands (What we now simply call 'The Netherlands), the Southern Netherlands (Now called Belgium), and technicly Luxembourg (Shared king). It was a fully independant nation and would be part of the Seventh Coalition. Their standard infantry colour was dark blue.

Even though the nations overlap a lot, they are really not the same. Thanks for asking, by the way.  :P

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #1219 on: August 17, 2013, 10:53:22 pm »

Whats the difference?

The kingdom of Holland existed from 1806 to 1810 and was ruled by Napoleons brother Louis (Or Lodewijk, in Dutch). It consisted of pretty much the modern Netherlands, minus Limburg, but with East-Frisia. Most importantly, it was a allied or client state of France. Their standard infantry colour was white.

The kingdom of the United Netherlands existed from 1815 to 1831 (Or 1839, depending how you look at things) and was ruled by the Orange-Nassau dynasty. It consisted of the Northern Netherlands (What we now simply call 'The Netherlands), the Southern Netherlands (Now called Belgium), and technicly Luxembourg (Shared king). It was a fully independant nation and would be part of the Seventh Coalition. Their standard infantry colour was dark blue.

Even though the nations overlap a lot, they are really not the same. Thanks for asking, by the way.  :P

Back on track - got some deja-vu feeling ive posted this before

I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 17, 2013, 10:54:57 pm »
You most certainly have.

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #1221 on: August 17, 2013, 10:56:19 pm »
Ah well trying to remember things is very difficult
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 17, 2013, 11:07:39 pm »
Do remember to put things in spoilers, though.

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1223 on: August 17, 2013, 11:11:46 pm »

Whats the difference?

Spoiler
[close]

Look like your in some hip organic food store. #Hipster

Yep thats where i work

Whole Foods Market

Offline Mekkil the Graet

• Donator
  • BACK AGAIN
    • View Profile
    • nApoleonic wArs!111
  • Nick: nApolenic_wArs!111_Dev_Mekkil
« Reply #1224 on: August 18, 2013, 01:35:45 pm »
You have, but I certainly don't mind seeing that face again.

Offline EliasMartinW

• Second Lieutenant
  • Путин научит тебя любить Родину
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 22, 2013, 12:13:20 am »

Am I cool yet?
Holo <3
Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!

Offline Krotan

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:16 am »
Age guess: 14?

Offline EliasMartinW

• Second Lieutenant
  • Путин научит тебя любить Родину
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 22, 2013, 12:30:09 am »
14,5 my good sir, nice quess tho. I am sure it was very hard to tell my age.
Holo <3
Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!

Offline Subject 18

• Second Lieutenant
  • I found a Civil War cavalry saber in my pantry.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Subject 18
« Reply #1228 on: August 22, 2013, 12:50:34 am »
lol

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1229 on: August 22, 2013, 01:05:47 am »

lol