Author Topic: Community Representative FAQ's  (Read 1953 times)

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Community Representative FAQ's
« on: December 22, 2018, 07:48:15 pm »

What is a Community Representative (CR) and how do you vote for one?

For information on this topic please see the following thread, as this has already been covered. This topic will run you through the election process, the basics of what a Community representative is and how you can get involved and vote!

In short, the Community Representative is the Community Board Moderator and member of the Moderation team, elected by forum members, to represent the interest of the forum community.

What are the core responsibilities of a Community Representative?

A Community Representative has a few different roles, and while each nominated representative may see the role differently, the main idea of a community representative is for these three areas;

1. To be a gateway between the moderation team and the community (the Community Representative will have access to the Global Administration Board).

1a. To suggest improvements based on the consensus of the community or to advise on the moderators plans/suggestions.

2. To handle community/thread disputes within FSE.

3. To handle Child Board requests in their respective event subforum.

4. To do what we can do keep the FSE Community both happy and running for as long as possible.

Since each CR will have a different perspective on the role, bear in mind that outside of these three aspects, the Community Representative is largely up to the platform of the individual.

What can a Community Representative Help you with?

Here are some things that I've found that Community Representatives are commonly asked and can help with;

1. A Community Representative can edit or remove posts on threads within the Off Topic and Community boards.

2. A Community Representative can put a suggestion forward to the moderation team on the Global Administration board.

3. A Community Representative should be the first contact for any disputes or arguments on the forum. If someone is causing issues for your regiment or event on the forums then the Community Representative should be your first port of call. I'd suggest contacting them via Steam or PM's.

4. A Community Representative, depending on their skills, may be able to help you with other areas of your thread such as helping you with editing your post if you've made a mistake in your BB Code. This will depend on the current Community Representative's skill but if they can't help with this or say getting a signature for your regiment they will be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.

5. A Community Representative can help you with any general forum queries. If you are new and have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask them.

6. A Community Representative can move a thread for you if it's in the wrong area in the Community or Off Topic boards.

What can't a Community Representative Help you with?

1. A Community Representative can't change your username on the forums. If you post on this thread, someone can do it for you.

2. A Community Representative can't warn, ban, or mute forum users; however, they can put suggestions forward to the moderators on the Global Administration's watch list.

3. A Community Representative can't delete a thread; neither can a moderator, but they can lock the thread for you.

4. A Community Representative can't delete, edit, or remove posts outside of the Off Topic or Community boards.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 03:21:55 pm by Shadow »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Representative FAQ's
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 08:01:46 pm »
It's almost end of your term I see

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 10:33:09 pm »
Maybe.  ::)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 10:36:41 pm »
heri for another turn

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:22:50 pm »
The Community Representative is now responsible for managing applications for Child Boards.  This rule has been added to the topic, for reference. :)

"3. To handle Child Board requests in their respective event subforum."
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!