Author Topic: Reenactment Videos  (Read 58601 times)

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
Re: Reenactment Videos
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »
Cool video of our battalion at Montmirail marching off to battle.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1457889001117799

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2014, 04:28:33 pm »

The skirmish between 275th and US Paras, later on combined force of Poles and Brits reinforcement.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2014, 07:49:37 pm »

The skirmish between 275th and US Paras, later on combined force of Poles and Brits reinforcement.

Holy shit. You guys are great actors. I had to rewind it a few times to watch that säni get popped. That was the most realistic death fall I have seen done my a medic. Also, whoever got shot in the throat, he would not be able to yell, so his almost perfect death was ruined by that for me. First five minutes were awesome.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2014, 07:51:41 pm »
And so we meet again 240p....
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2014, 08:16:11 pm »
Your german sounds weird. You are talking to much out of your throat. It sounds like stereotyped "Nazi German", which is complete bullshit.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »
Your german sounds weird. You are talking to much out of your throat. It sounds like stereotyped "Nazi German", which is complete bullshit.

My German? I never spoke a word in this video. lel.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:34:04 pm by DeoVindice61 »

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2014, 08:52:48 pm »

Their German isn't accented, which is why it sounds weird. "American German" sounds gutteral and incorrect. It has to flow methodically otherwise it sounds like you're trying to force out a shit...

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2014, 08:55:50 pm »

Their German isn't accented, which is why it sounds weird. "American German" sounds gutteral and incorrect. It has to flow methodically otherwise it sounds like you're trying to force out a shit...

I think he means that actual German is pronounced from the very front of your mouth, the very tip of your tongue.
THe video, I agree with Olafson, really sounds like the throaty Nazi-Voice.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2014, 11:40:05 pm »

My German? I never spoke a word in this video. lel.

Oh, I thought it is your Unit. With "you" I meant your Unit, or the guys in the videos. It does sound very throaty, if you get what I mean. With bullshit I meant, that this "Nazi-German" never existed, no one ever talked like that. It sounded right for the guy being wounded, as if there was blood or something in his throat, but it sounds wrong for normal commanding.

Btw, are you sure they said "Sani" instead of "Sanitäter"? 

Okay, that could be. No idea how American German sounds.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:43:27 pm by Olafson the Legend »

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 24, 2014, 01:42:11 am »
Oh i get it now Olaf, only voices am hearing in the video, would be my squad leader Christian. I guess Petsch could be right about american accent getting in the way of German speaking. However in the video, he was sniped and in pain. That would explain the hoarse yelling.

Sani is short for Sanitäter. 

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 24, 2014, 04:06:05 am »
Oh i get it now Olaf, only voices am hearing in the video, would be my squad leader Christian. I guess Petsch could be right about american accent getting in the way of German speaking. However in the video, he was sniped and in pain. That would explain the hoarse yelling.

Sani is short for Sanitäter.

Still, like I said before, if he "got shot in the throat," there would be no fucking way he'd be able to make any sound out of his mouth other than gurgling and guttering. You can't speak with blood rushing up your throat and into your mouth. Any attempt to do that would instantly drown you in your blood, which is why so many soldiers who get shot in the throat die so fast... They try to yell for help, and open up their pipes which allows the thick blood to flow into their lungs, which causes them to drown. #anatomy+dialysis101

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 24, 2014, 04:14:53 am »
Ok, Next time I see him. I will shoot someone's neck and we all watch and study it carefully so we can recreate it accurately next time.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 24, 2014, 04:38:34 am »
Sounds like a plan to me, I can be your subject... I have no will to live anymore anyway...

Here is an example of a German accent that is "NAZI-fied/stereotypical." It sounds angry, harsh, and gutteral. Totally incorrect. Real German accents allow the words to flow with each other gently, and it sounds clean, profound, and commanding...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:44:49 am by kpetschulat »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #238 on: September 24, 2014, 05:01:47 am »

All the German voices in Red Orchestra 2 sound like that. Funny because the developers pride themselves on the game's historical accuracy.

Actually, I just realize that they become far more genuine when they're dying. All the death moans are so god damn realistic, not sure why the taunts and voice commands had to be so corny and cliché.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:04:48 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2014, 05:23:50 am »
Actually, they're accents aren't that bad, compared to the German in the video scene from Gods and Generals I linked. It's still bad, still on the stereotype side, but it sounds way less forced than that "Major" from the video clip I posted. The German language voices (selectable from the audio options) in RO2 are actually superbly done. The accents are perfect for soldiers under duress.