Author Topic: Reenacting stories  (Read 7884 times)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Reenacting stories
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 07:06:24 pm »
but cosplay is sort of cool :/

also IM BACK
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 01:58:15 am »
If you're asian you could do plenty of impressions, including W-SS, Heer, Soviet, and GI as I know. Where are you from?
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 03:21:48 am »
Or he could do whatever the hell he pleases. Why should race come into it?

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 03:50:03 am »
Or he could do whatever the hell he pleases. Why should race come into it?
I think what Landrik's getting at is; he can do what he wants, but if he's looking for something that he can do where Asians would not, historically, be out of place; those are some of his options (for WWII).
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 03:44:18 am »
Thanks König. Pretty much the guy said he couldn't do any of the things he was interested into because he was Asian. So he's the one who brought race into it.

EDIT: I would like to know where he's from because I know some WWII organizations and units across the states if he's from here, some even portraying the units that had Osttruppen or that Texan Division that had a bunch of Japanese-Americans in it in case he was interested.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:46:27 am by Landrik »
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 05:10:15 am »
Thanks König. Pretty much the guy said he couldn't do any of the things he was interested into because he was Asian. So he's the one who brought race into it.

EDIT: I would like to know where he's from because I know some WWII organizations and units across the states if he's from here, some even portraying the units that had Osttruppen or that Texan Division that had a bunch of Japanese-Americans in it in case he was interested.
Sorry for the delayed reply (My internet is shit and broke down) I am from the good old USA and I live in North Texas also am of Viet and Thai descent

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 05:13:54 am »
love the stories

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 10:41:42 pm »
 First Soviet battle, and due to kit shortages I'm in a camouflage overall with pilotka and gym (no pants). Because I look the most like a pioneer out of the group, I'm sent forward to dig up some mines the Fascisti have buried to stop our T-34 rolling over them. Now, it's been pissing it down all night so the ground is muddy and slippy as anything. I get up to the cover by the road, lean out and start to dig. I get the mines out, put them aside, then get up to run back to the treeline and retrieve my PPS-43. I then trip, my pilotka goes flying into the explosives zone, and I fall flat on my face. The public are having a right old giggle at this, so I figure I'll act wounded to make myself not look like a total arse. My mate jogs forward and starts to pull me back as the rest of the regiment advances up the field towards this village the Germans are holding. The red banner goes forward and we give the public a nice loud "URA!" as we take the village and send the Fascisti running. We begin to set up positions in the village while the T-34 feigns mechanical problems to make it a little fairer. All of a sudden, the Germans appear at the top of the road we just went down in a half-track with a SdKfz. 221 as support. Now, I've never seen anyone in German uniform before today, and can honestly say that for some psychological reason I'm a little bit scared as they come down the road in full force. The T-34 takes a mortar hit and is out of the fight, so we naturally get a bit overwhelmed. Some comrades are running, some are dying, some are surrendering. So I throw down my SMG and run out shouting "Ne strelyayte! Ne strelyayte!" I get put in the charge of a young Private, probably his first battle too, and he gestures for me to walk with his rifle. We're walking towards the holding area for prisoners when I notice that the Starshina's dead, and his Tokarev is lying next to him. Figuring it'd be nice to put on a bit of a show for the public, I make a grab for it and turn around, only to be greeted by a rifle butt almost knocking my teeth out. I go down and then these two Fascisti start Jackbooting me while shouting what I can only presume are rude words in foreign speak. Needless to say, quite an introduction to the brutality of the Eastern front!

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 10:53:45 pm »
Use spaces, I beg you.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 11:04:18 pm »
at my first ww2 event, we marched down to the field singing this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6sWmBh3jzI[/youtube]

Then we got wiped out by a mortar.

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 11:22:18 pm »
Why use spaces when you can win?

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 04:25:24 am »
at my first ww2 event, we marched down to the field singing this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6sWmBh3jzI[/youtube]

Then we got wiped out by a mortar.
god i love dat song
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]