Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]  (Read 154969 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞
« Reply #960 on: January 04, 2018, 04:59:18 pm »
Is it too late to sign up with an Icelandic cav team?! 8)
No, welcome to the semi-finals.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rapez

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_OLt_Rapez | 15thyrpteraps
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #961 on: January 04, 2018, 10:58:14 pm »
good luck iceland!!

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #962 on: January 07, 2018, 02:56:03 pm »

MATCH PREVIEW
Semi-Final n°1

Here we are, the first semi-final of this Cavalry Nations Cup will be played tonight. After a very close and tense group stage, four teams have managed to qualify, and it is really fair to say that the title is in everyone's hands right now, if I had to give a favourite I would be unable to. We are therefore heading to two extremely interesting matches for these semi-finals, that will lead to a dramatic and epic final, next week. Tonight's semi-final is Poland versus the Germanic Countries. Let us take a look at these two teams, their strengths and potential weaknesses in this match to come, and how this match might go for both of them. The match is scheduled tonight at 19:00 GMT, on CavNationsCup_1.

TEAM PRESENTATION

The Germanic Countries finished first of their group, beating everyone on the way. In a group they shared with Benelux and the United Kingdom, this simple fact already tells a lot. This team is composed of extremely strong, experienced and motivated players. Everything you need to go far in a competition, really. The team is led by experienced officers, who have made a habit of tense and competitive cavalry matches over the years. These leading figures belong to the Nr.6, which is a regiment that is amongst the very best cavalry units of this community. They have been playing and leading 1v1 matches for years, they will know what to do tonight on the field, we can be sure of that. The Germans have managed to beat reigning champions United Kingdom 8 to 5 in the group stage, and that was probably their biggest achievement so far in the tournament.
Tonight against Poland, they migth be put in trouble by the fact that they'll be facing heavy cavalry. They will need to adjust to that, and do it fast. If they don't, it might cost them precious rounds, and hurt them later in the match. However as I said these players are experienced and they know what they do when they get on the field.
Their main strength, to me, would be their ability to use a very aggressive playstyle when they need to, while staying able to switch to a more defensive attitude. Their teamplay sure is on point, and they follow their leader's commands with no major issues, we've seen this in the videos they have uploaded.
If the Germanic Coutries manage to overcome the challenge of a different class facing them tonight, and play as strong as they used us to, then they will be a real threat to this Polish team.

TEAM PRESENTATION

Poland also made it out of the group stage, finishing second to Spain. Their defeat to Spain in the lancer vs cuirassier clash was a quite heavy one, but the team sure did manage to land back on its feet, get back to work, and this led them to eventually beating France, and winning their ticket to the semi-final. Beating France obviously was Poland's biggest achievement in this Cavalry Nations Cup so far, and it should be inspiring for the Poles, since the Germanic Countries play the hussar class in a rather similar way to the French. However a match is never the same twice, and Poland will need to come with a strong will and a couple of good ideas to beat the Germans tonight.
Poland play as a heavy cavalry unit, and they give sense to this class in the game, by staying very close to each other, and helping each other out a lot. They know they are slower, they know it is harder for them to move, so they don't put their whole strategy on moving fast. Simple as that. But as simple as it might seem, staying together as one strong unit in the cavalry game is far from easy. It asks a lot of focus and attention to the players.
The Poles, just like the Germans, need to be at 100% tonight. But winning this semi-final is a goal they can really achieve. Poland was the first team to win a Cavalry Nations Cup, in 2014, and they never reached the final again ever since. So God knows what would happen if they did a second time.
Poland is a ressourceful and dedicated team. They will get on the field tonight with a plan, and a strong will to beat the Germans. If they manage to use their heavy cavalry unit's advantages, and forbid the Germans to pick up their heavy swords (giving them an important power), then victory will be within their reach.

CONCLUSION
          Tonight's match is extremely open. As a neutral spectator of this semi-final, I would say the chances are 50-50. I could not say who will win this match, and the only way to find an answer will stand on the field. So people, make sure you do not miss this match, come and spectate it, support whoever you'd prefer to see play a final, but be sure: we're all about to witness a high quality cavalry match.

Thank you for reading!
- Erik
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 07, 2018, 03:15:35 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #964 on: January 07, 2018, 03:30:03 pm »
New german tactics for tonight leaked by an insider!

Spoiler
[close]

Very cool preview, Erik - it‘s making me hyped af!

Best of luck my dear Reichsprotektorat friends!
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 07, 2018, 03:33:49 pm »
panzers vs lancers les go!!!

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #966 on: January 07, 2018, 03:43:22 pm »
Nvm
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 07, 2018, 03:44:34 pm »

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #968 on: January 07, 2018, 06:13:06 pm »
We all know what happen if germany (germanic countrys whatever) fights against poland.

Offline Zahari

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 07, 2018, 07:25:48 pm »
Changes in POL roster:

Adding Jeżyk
And
Kokosz
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:30:35 pm by Zahari »
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 07, 2018, 07:28:25 pm »

Changes in POL roster:

Adding Jeżyk

Done
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Zahari

• Major
    • View Profile

Offline HawkonPC

• Captain
  • 4e Hussard's Amateur Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 07, 2018, 07:54:53 pm »
All is not lost! Rumour has it that the Poles are mobilising their elite anti-tank divisions...

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Zahari

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 07, 2018, 09:39:13 pm »
GG Germany :) well played

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 07, 2018, 09:43:50 pm »
Germanic Countries |8-4| Poland

A very epic match in which, after being down 0-3, the Germanic Countries managed to win 7 rounds in a row, eventually winning the match 8-4. I want to congratulate both teams for the awesome show they gave us, and I hope the match was as enjoyable to play as it was to watch.

The Germanic Countries now have their ticket to the final of the 2017 Cavalry Nations Cup, in which they'll face the winner of the other semi-final between UK and Spain, which should be played soon.
Poland still has a match to play, the Bronze match, that will decide who gets the 3rd place of this tournament.

Thanks again to all for this good match!

fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik