Author Topic: -  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Cavalry. Your opinion?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 01:25:00 am »
By simply making this post you can all guess my opinion on cavalry.  ;)
Get on your horse and go back to Dutchland. This is 'Murica

As for cavalry in NW, it has like 5 swags

As for cavalry in history, I enjoy reading about it. Like Scots Greys, Mounted Huns, 7th US Cav, "Death head" Hussars

5 #swegs.

Good enough reason for how good Cav is :)

Spoiler
:o
[close]

Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 06:54:57 am »
Cavalry has 3 purposes:

A. Anti-Cavalry

B. Suicide charging lines

C. Dismounting and acting as extremely mobile skirmishers

Best use in my opinion has always been C, due to Curassiers and Hussars often being witted down to uselessness after a charge or two, and Uhlans being poor in anything that's not anti-Cavalry.

Ahem, no.

A) In NW, cavalry shouldn't focus too much on ennemy cavalry (that's a mistake we oftenly do in the 7e).

In a Linebattle, cavalry has to stay close to the lines and skirms in order to protect them. One of the easiest part of cavalry is when we charge a line that is engaged in melee with one of our lines. We simply have to 'bump' the ennemies to give them to our infantrymen, or to slay the ennemies in their back.

B) No. Suicide charges on lines never works. Even if you have skilled horsemen, and you kill more infantrymen than you loose men, your side will loose all of its cavalry, and they will get beaten.

C) There must be like 2 or 3 regiments of Dragoons, and they are far from being the best cavalry regiments out there. Dragoons can be useful when they dismount, but when it comes to the sword, they are getting beaten by nearly every unit, since their stats are pretty bad.

And you forgot some of the most important jobs of cavalry, destroying the skirmishers and the artillery. An army that protects these units badly, and loose it to the ennemy cavalry will most likely be destroyed by the other side's shooting.

In my opinion a good cavalry regiment must be good against pretty much anything. I always see regiments that are great at beating ennemy cavalry, but that don't know what to do when it comes to charging a line or something.

Like pretty much every unit, cavalry is a deadly weapon, but only when it's played the right way.

I agree ...
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 07:24:17 pm »
As Erik said, its about the quality of the regiment that plays a big part :)
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • MoskovGren Ody on steam
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Kpt_~Odysseus~
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 09:05:32 am »
I love cavalry, and now that the 3teLeib has open up for ourselves a small Hussaren detachment, spawning 7-11 pure cav guys to events is just gross (epic).

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 10:13:10 pm »
I love playing cav. But I hate when cav runs me over   :'(