Author Topic: A strange trend within regiments I have seen lately.  (Read 10099 times)

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
  • Side: Union
Re: A strange trend within regiments I have seen lately.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »
I haven't seen anyone use it, but I did see some light inf face left every time they shot yesterday, never knew that's what they were doing. It's a dick move to survive and get the best score in the game, nothing more.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 01:44:00 pm »
Turning to the side while reloading. It grates me a lot, and many newer regiments seem to be doing it. It's a cop out if you ask me.

What do you guys think about it?

Um, not to be taking glory but i didn't see any regiments do it before we in the 105e made it standard drill to right turn while reloading to make yourself a smaller target and to take less damage since bullets are hitting your arm instead.

It was my idea originally and then at every 1v1 line battle we did the regiment we were playing against after 1 or 2 rounds also started doing it. We might have started that trend ( Circa 2 months ago we started doing it ). Sorry if you don't like it, but it works after all.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 01:44:25 pm »
I used to do it, but I'l tell ya it's far better to have your shot steady for a click fire. Does it work? Yes. But in my experience I'd rather go for casualties inflicted rather than casualties earned.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 01:45:31 pm »
I have my guys aim while loading so this wouldnt work for me  :P

Its all about turning around at the right moment, it takes some teaching but its easy to learn.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Rydog

• Captain
  • uwotm8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 01:51:01 pm »

Um, not to be taking glory

It was my idea originally

Spoiler
[close]

I think its a logical thing to do, although it looks ridiculous if it helps to win then I guess people should use it..
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:53:06 pm by Rydog »

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 01:53:25 pm »

Um, not to be taking glory

It was my idea originally

Spoiler
[close]

I think its a logical thing to do, although it looks ridiculous if it helps to win then I guess people should use it..

Ok... I'm an asshole

What i meant was, it was my idea to have the regiment right turn druing reloads. I am sure other have done turning while reloading before. But in my regiment i was the one who thought of it as standard drill.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:56:12 pm by Archduke_Sven »

told that bih don't @ me

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 01:59:20 pm »

Its all about turning around at the right moment, it takes some teaching but its easy to learn.

Millander knows. We've had a disscusion about this very topic back in December. All of the NCO's and officers agreed they would rather have a better chance of inflicting casualties rather than taking them.

The time you take to turn you are missing your opportunity to gauge range and aim. When you turn back you have to adjust...I don't care if you're a aimbot god. There is time wasted there, and if you are just turning back when you are priming your weapon, it's still less time that you have.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. If you find this is the way you do business...great. This just works for us, besides being more historically accurate.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 02:03:42 pm »
Been doing it since the beginning of time. You guys are living in the stone age of LB tactics.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 02:04:30 pm »
Spoiler

Millander knows. We've had a disscusion about this very topic back in December. All of the NCO's and officers agreed they would rather have a better chance of inflicting casualties rather than taking them.

The time you take to turn you are missing your opportunity to gauge range and aim. When you turn back you have to adjust...I don't care if you're a aimbot god. There is time wasted there, and if you are just turning back when you are priming your weapon, it's still less time that you have.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. If you find this is the way you do business...great. This just works for us, besides being more historically accurate.
[close]
Um, gauging range? Are you maybe not aware of something....

told that bih don't @ me

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 02:06:28 pm »
The hitboxes (if they are smaller) are not smaller enough to make a significant difference therefor it's not really that effective or necessary, it just makes you look stupid and throws off your aim.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 02:11:01 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
Um, gauging range? Are you maybe not aware of something....

Aware of what?

BTW, this line was turning to the side 60 yards away last week:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fcvG9N6J4Os[/youtube]

The hitboxes (if they are smaller) are not smaller enough to make a significant difference therefor it's not really that effective or necessary, it just makes you look stupid and throws off your aim.

This is what we've discovered as well.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:13:25 pm by MackCW »

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 02:11:45 pm »
I do not understand this with that it throws off your aim, if you take aim when he stops using the ram rod you have enough time to aim. All you need to do is put the center crosshair on the guy's head of neck and you have perfect aim at any range due to the fact there is no bullet drop for a bullet that hits it's target.

Do you guys take 10 days and nights to aim or something? The time we have set for turning around and aiming seconds works perfect for the 105e. And, although i have not checked this for sure, i believe getting hit in the arm does less damage than the chest of gut.

Also regarding the fact it looks stupid... It doesn't, i think it looks pretty awesome when everyone fires a volley, turns around at the same time, then turns back around and continues the process.

But everyone will have their own opinions and i respect that.

Also, how does that video show that the enemy line is facing sideways? For all i care they were standing 20 feet infront of you standing shoulder to shoulder.

Edit: Do you have a different perspective maybe?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:17:13 pm by Archduke_Sven »

told that bih don't @ me

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 02:16:05 pm »
No we click fire. It's far more effective and less likely to throw off the aim, in the video you can see the effectiveness of the volley that click fired as opposed to the two missed shots who presented and then aimed.

But hey who am I to argue with what works for certain regiments, if you guys feel it is more effective go for it. Each regiment must do what is most comfortable for them.

Oh and I guess you will just have to take my word for it on the vid. They were across the gorge. Right about :12 you can see them moving. I do not have a different perspective, he was the only one recording  :-\, I just remembered the vid based on our disscussion.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:19:07 pm by MackCW »

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 02:20:17 pm »
No we click fire. It's far more effective and less likely to throw off the aim, in the video you can see the effectiveness of the volley that click fired as opposed to the two missed shots who presented and then aimed.

But hey who am I to argue with what works for certain regiments, if you guys feel it is more effective go for it. Each regiment must do what is most comfortable for them.

Oh and I guess you will just have to take my word for it on the vid. They were across the gorge. Right about :12 you can see them moving. I do not have a different perspective, he was the only one recording  :-\, I just remembered the vid based on our disscussion.

Alright, i can always trust an artillerist word for it. By the way, we click fire too, we turn around before the full reload is done so we can aim before we presented too, around when they guy stops using the ramrod we face the enemy again.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:21:52 pm by Archduke_Sven »

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »
Turning to the side while reloading. It grates me a lot, and many newer regiments seem to be doing it. It's a cop out if you ask me.

What do you guys think about it?

Um, not to be taking glory but i didn't see any regiments do it before we in the 105e made it standard drill to right turn while reloading to make yourself a smaller target and to take less damage since bullets are hitting your arm instead.

It was my idea originally and then at every 1v1 line battle we did the regiment we were playing against after 1 or 2 rounds also started doing it. We might have started that trend ( Circa 2 months ago we started doing it ). Sorry if you don't like it, but it works after all.
What makes you think it was your idea lol? Some generals used it IRL, not a gamer. Plus their has been many regiments before the 105e and they have came and gone, I'm sure one of them would of done it. From musket madness to Napoleonic Wars, I am sure one regiment would of thought of it.