Author Topic: Community Issue Discussing Area  (Read 14597 times)

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Community Issue Discussing Area
« on: February 26, 2013, 10:13:14 pm »
A thread for dicussing community issues.

•Be polite
•Cordial debates are permitted and encouraged
•Adhere to general forum rules
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:00:22 am by Odysseus »

Offline SneakKing

• Corporal
  • Former Commander of 15tesGrz
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SneakKing
Re: Community Issue Discussing Area
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:31:54 pm »
What the hell is the point of this thread? Just follow the rules.

Offline Bonnyjoy

• Captain
  • Ex-Inmate of the 84e Prison
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bonnyjoy
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:02 pm »
Have a look at the Community grievance thread, you ll understand ; )

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:39:12 pm »
*sigh* This is probably going to be a source annoyance to people on these forums, but it seems necessary, unfortunately; no one seems to be able to keep their mouths shut. :D

Kielbasa!

Offline IceCream

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 10:39:30 pm »
What the hell is the point of this thread? Just follow the rules.
1st Place NA GF Tourny Team: GG

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 10:52:12 pm »
Anyway Aldemar, what I was saying was not that fse should hold you accountable, but that you should try to make your rules similar to fse's rules to uphold consistency. I really don't care about the incident with my ban anymore; That's over. What I was talking about how people will post unban requests on your thread, but then they're ignored. Many of these people (I'm not talking about myself) didn't deserve to be permanently banned in the first place, but that's not the point really, since it's much too late to reverse that decision. What I am talking about is how people on the ban list are forgotten, and they're allowed to just sit there being banned for months or even a year, just because they didn't submit an unban request. And even when people do submit ban requests, they're often ignored like I mentioned before.

The other thing that irked me was how you guys brushed off administrator applications in a rude manner (And yes that was rude, no matter how much you try to justify it). Obviously those people put a lot of thought and effort into writing their admin applications, and they expected to at least be considered even if they were to be rejected. What you did was saw that someone posted an application, and then immediately copy-pasted a blunt rejected for another unrelated request from a few pages back.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:58:42 pm »
Does this thread help your post count Romandude?

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:40 pm »
Does this thread help your post count Romandude?
Does this post help your e-peen?

Offline Harry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 11:32:46 pm »
Oh wow, we could really do with a personal  e-peen counter for the forum :D

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 02:02:36 am »
Guys, please refrain from personal insults etc. Or I will be forced to stick you all into concentration camps.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 02:55:50 am »
Lol, I've been banned from the 84e siege server for my post. Did I do something wrong on the server? I posted it in the grievances thread in compliance with the 84e's request that I take it out of the thread. Is that wrong even further?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:00:25 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 03:49:56 am »
Lol, I've been banned from the 84e siege server for my post. Did I do something wrong on the server? I posted it in the grievances thread in compliance with the 84e's request that I take it out of the thread. Is that wrong even further?
If you were to ask me, yes.
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30:34 am »

Haha, really???

Well, and I am sure they spent a lot of time into painting 91st as the community villains! Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we meant to the be Mordor whilst Tavington is supposed to resemble Sauron? Haha.

"Who is the monster and who is the man?"

They also banned a few 91st from their servers and via no reason whatsoever other than putting a reply on the forums which Aldemar did not agree with. I am sure he would ban us all if he could, and he can't as some of us would rather pluck our eyes out with forks than to play a round on that server. However, you seem to like to play on previously stated server, which is a shame considering that they used such brutish tactics upon you.

@Your prior post

Hmm, yeah that is very rude indeed but you have to remember that it is their server and you also have to remember that we (91st) spend a lot of time answering questions from thou divine Vikestad, and those questions are always centred on our practice upon GF server. Unlawful bans, rudeness, illegal warfare, etc, etc and etc.

Your post confirms what I have been saying all along. Those who you mentioned should be taken about as seriously as I take the concept to actually play on siege since they themselves are organised (especially in your case) like school yard bullies. It's all a very insipid ideal and they should stop the practice of banning on the grounds of posting against Aldemar, or at least in my eyes and of course everyone else's; they lose all the required validity to claim other regiments are of bad spirit.

"GIEF US UR LUNCH AND U CAN SIT ON OUR BENCH NIPPLESTOCKINGZ"

My view on how to resolve:

Aldemar should step down from having his say in how his servers are run, and yes this is joke-worthy but entirely necessary. Vikestad, Harrier or some other level headed person should take over the control of the bans and unbans.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:38:23 am by Robin_Hood »

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 11:08:04 am »
Isn't he paying for his own server though? To me when it comes to private servers for example, you can run it like a monster provided you pay for it and your not representing a company. In this case the server is running for your own amusement/enjoyment at which point anything goes really. Not saying such things are good but I can't demand that my neighbor moves out of his rented flat because he is making to much noise while I (as a third party) am trying to use his phone. Bad analogy I know but you get the gist.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:37 am »
Isn't he paying for his own server though? To me when it comes to private servers for example, you can run it like a monster provided you pay for it and your not representing a company. In this case the server is running for your own amusement/enjoyment at which point anything goes really. Not saying such things are good but I can't demand that my neighbor moves out of his rented flat because he is making to much noise while I (as a third party) am trying to use his phone. Bad analogy I know but you get the gist.

Yes, exactly. There is nothing Nipplestockings may do against Aldemar's perceived malice. However, a counter analogy would be the running of Iraq during the pre-invasion as then we as the third-party should not of intervened but in this case you are right and I honestly just find it terribly hilarious how those who are committing this atrocity spend time to throw stones at greenhouses.

All he can do is complain, complain and complain until he is red in the face but I believe they have outlined what he is to do in order to be un-banned and that is to sell his soul(opinion) out, and I will be waiting to see whether he conforms to this with great eagerness.

It truly is a horrendously absurd way to act especially when you try to paint others as chancellor Palpatine.

Edit

By the way Odysseus. Your thread title is a bit bland and odd, isn't it? Why did you not put 'community discussion area'? :P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:07:03 pm by Robin_Hood »

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.