Author Topic: NW Community Suggestions & Grievances  (Read 9933 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Community Grievances Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 07:27:42 pm »
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128823730
I am a bit late with this, but this is just another way of how you can see James Stewart.
After losing a Linebattle against the 33rd this is the result.
You guys can do what you want with it.

Christ dude, that matter was day's ago. No need to bring that shit up again. Seriously? And unless I'm wrong you can't post logs/conversations with someone without his permission... What should include conversations on servers.

Chat logs on servers are not private conversations, so it doesn't count. It was still stupid to post it though.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: NW Community Suggestions & Grievances
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »
Thought of one randomly:

Why does betty get an unban from the forums and tavington get's no second chance? Should we allow the returnal of banned users or should the ban have been 20 days instead of straight to permanent?

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »
Thought of one randomly:

Why does betty get an unban from the forums and tavington get's no second chance? Should we allow the returnal of banned users or should the ban have been 20 days instead of straight to permanent?
Food for thought Menelaos: Do you think this is a community issue, or a FSE forum moderation issue? The reason I ask, is because this point has been raised already by other reps, but I am of the position that this isn't something that community reps need to weigh in on, it is for forum mods to decide. However, the real issue here could be that there are no clear guidelines about clemency or amnesty. Is that what you are asking, or are you solely concerned with one particular ban?
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 09:30:52 pm »
I guess I'm more concerned with forum policy, but that's not NW related. It's realistic but I guess it was unfair in one particular case, where Tavington's mutes were in a row. Basically it looked like he was really determined to start shit or the warning that lead into another mute hence the ban was rather fast. I guess I have no complaint, he did stir shit many times. The permanent ban from a day mute seemed to have escalated heavily. Prehaps a month ban?

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »
I guess I'm more concerned with forum policy, but that's not NW related. It's realistic but I guess it was unfair in one particular case, where Tavington's mutes were in a row. Basically it looked like he was really determined to start shit or the warning that lead into another mute hence the ban was rather fast. I guess I have no complaint, he did stir shit many times. The permanent ban from a day mute seemed to have escalated heavily. Prehaps a month ban?

I'm still looking for these Mysterious "Policies" as well, there seem to be rules but no Policies.

Also 5arge did hit it on the nose with a sledge hammer, the problem is lack of any clear guidance on "how, when, where or what" the charges are for such varying behaviour.

Things are very foggy in FSE Admin land.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 09:42:01 pm »
There's really a whole lot to the story that you are not privy to unfortunately. But in this case, for me to bring your issue to the other reps, I need you to separate what may be a community concern, from what is completely the realm of forum moderators to decide. In other words, there's not much you can do about this particular ban, but by asking the right questions, and perhaps getting a more defined forum policy, we could avoid seemingly harsh punishments in the future. The forum mods decide who gets banned and why, but your community representatives could help shape a better way of doing it.

Ah... Kator chimed in while I was typing this. He is asking the right questions now. Are you two in cahoots?
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 09:44:06 pm »
There's really a whole lot to the story that you are not privy to unfortunately. But in this case, for me to bring your issue to the other reps, I need you to separate what may be a community concern, from what is completely the realm of forum moderators to decide. In other words, there's not much you can do about this particular ban, but by asking the right questions, and perhaps getting a more defined forum policy, we could avoid seemingly harsh punishments in the future. The forum mods decide who gets banned and why, but your community representatives could help shape a better way of doing it.

Ah... Kator chimed in while I was typing this. He is asking the right questions now. Are you two in cahoots?

Magic is the Answer to everything ;)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Refleax

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »
Betty was never banned from these forums, he has been warned several times already but not enough to warrant a ban.

Should you have more questions on similar subjects please refer to this thread instead: Who are these Banned/Muted/Warned people?.

Thanks.
May good health be yours.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 10:46:41 pm »
Betty was never banned from these forums, he has been warned several times already but not enough to warrant a ban.

Should you have more questions on similar subjects please refer to this thread instead: Who are these Banned/Muted/Warned people?.

Thanks.

I have to say I wouldn't want to detract from the issue, Betty banned from the servers but not the forum, Tavington banned from the forum but not the servers (If this is correct). Are the properties of FSE not linked? If they arn't that dosn't make sense and would assume the "Official" servers are Vince's property for them to be run indervidually? In which case what would make them official if not Taleworlds or FSE property?

Kinda puzzling to say the least.

In essence were both banned from the same place whilst bans were in place? Either way there are multiple questions can could follow on the community itself through bans on both Areas of FSE.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 11:03:43 pm »

Thanks.

I have to say I wouldn't want to detract from the issue, Betty banned from the servers but not the forum, Tavington banned from the forum but not the servers (If this is correct). Are the properties of FSE not linked? If they arn't that dosn't make sense and would assume the "Official" servers are Vince's property for them to be run indervidually? In which case what would make them official if not Taleworlds or FSE property?

Kinda puzzling to say the least.

In essence were both banned from the same place whilst bans were in place? Either way there are multiple questions can could follow on the community itself through bans on both Areas of FSE.

Tavington got banned for trolling on the forums, and betty got banned for trolling in game. The two don't carry over, and that's how it should be.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 03:35:11 am »
Guys remember to quote someone's grievance and continue the discussion here:
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3477.0

Just makes it less messy for the reps and admins to go through each individual grievance. We can check the discussion then in the other thread. 
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 09:27:43 am »
I gots a grievance, regimental politics.

Like this is even worse than what TW clan politics are. Isn't it possible to just play the game without having to play politics with it. If you don't like someone or some regiment just keep it to yourself, no reason to start shit.

I know for sure there is one or two regiments i seriously dislike but i have never spoken out against them in public. Thats looking to start something bad, and there are people who are immature enough to constantly do this, even regimental leaders...

Im just sick of it, i do not mind trash talk every once in a while but really it seems some people are on a warpath against eachother and i have  and only been doing regimental stuff for like 9 months now, i cannot fathom how people who have been dealing with this crap since MM feel like.

Can we just be friendly towards eachother instead of being immature and hostile against those who we have a problem with? Seriously, do you guys go talk shit to someone who accidently spilled milk on you? I don't, i hope you others don't either because it literally is like crying over spilled milk ( I.e. Pointless ).

And you know the biggest reason why i don't go bickering about this regimental crap in public? because its a goddamn game supposed to be fun, and if you think it is fun to argue over nothing then you should probably look at more Monthy Python or just talk with it in private with someone you know, ALL of us don't want your dirty laundry.

Sorry for the rant, but as the text makes it apparent, i am kind of pissed off.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 11:37:46 am »

Like this is even worse than what TW clan politics are. Isn't it possible to just play the game without having to play politics with it. If you don't like someone or some regiment just keep it to yourself, no reason to start shit.

I know for sure there is one or two regiments i seriously dislike but i have never spoken out against them in public. Thats looking to start something bad, and there are people who are immature enough to constantly do this, even regimental leaders...

Im just sick of it, i do not mind trash talk every once in a while but really it seems some people are on a warpath against eachother and i have  and only been doing regimental stuff for like 9 months now, i cannot fathom how people who have been dealing with this crap since MM feel like.

Can we just be friendly towards eachother instead of being immature and hostile against those who we have a problem with? Seriously, do you guys go talk shit to someone who accidently spilled milk on you? I don't, i hope you others don't either because it literally is like crying over spilled milk ( I.e. Pointless ).

And you know the biggest reason why i don't go bickering about this regimental crap in public? because its a goddamn game supposed to be fun, and if you think it is fun to argue over nothing then you should probably look at more Monthy Python or just talk with it in private with someone you know, ALL of us don't want your dirty laundry.

And do you have any suggestions for ways that FSE can enforce this without causing tremendous uproar from the community, including those regiments you mention which form a large part of it.
Not to mention that large portions of "this" occur outside of FSE influence in private servers, in steam messages etc.

If you can come up with that we will put it forward for discussion but I can pretty much guarantee that the response you will get is something along the lines of "Regiments and their behaviour to each other unless in breach of the Server or Forum rules are not FSE's concern and for the community itself to sort out"

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 02:30:47 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

And do you have any suggestions for ways that FSE can enforce this without causing tremendous uproar from the community, including those regiments you mention which form a large part of it.
Not to mention that large portions of "this" occur outside of FSE influence in private servers, in steam messages etc.

If you can come up with that we will put it forward for discussion but I can pretty much guarantee that the response you will get is something along the lines of "Regiments and their behaviour to each other unless in breach of the Server or Forum rules are not FSE's concern and for the community itself to sort out"

Ok, i might not be any good at fixing things, however there must be another way we can do away with all this non-sense. Although there seems to be no way for the FSE to fix the maturity or politeness amongst its members  :(

Alright, you can dismiss my rant, i was just rather at the boiling point to figure out there is no way to fix this. All i can think of is some type of meeting or so, but that wont work.

Yep, sorry for wasting your time.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 04:37:00 pm »
I agree with you, the idea of regimental politics is silly. If you would like a suggestion I would try forming a small community of regiments that hold similar ideas and attitudes. It doesn't have to be official, like an army or coalition. For instance, I hang around the Prussian Army most of the time, which comprises of EU and NA regiments that have like minded attitudes towards playing and respect. However, we also deal with several regiments that don't belong to our group yet have similar attitudes, such as the public players, the PLG, the reddit brigade, and etc. The community is what you make of it, make it something enjoyable.