Author Topic: NW Community Grievances  (Read 27907 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Community Grievances Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 04:49:10 am »
Will community reps get special text on their profile identifying them as reps? Like how on deofuta's proprofile it says Community Manager

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cop
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 05:21:07 am »
Will community reps get special text on their profile identifying them as reps? Like how on deofuta's proprofile it says Community Manager
If it hasn't happened by now, it probably won't.

The server admins used to have it but it was removed after that recent drama.

Offline Search Function

• Volunteer
  • Underused function is underused
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 11:40:17 am »

Quote from: Community Reps announcement
These ten will soon be given a new forum member group and access to a private area of the forums where we can begin discussing community issues in earnest.

Thar ya go.

Offline Harbinger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 02:29:03 pm »

Quote from: Community Reps announcement
These ten will soon be given a new forum member group and access to a private area of the forums where we can begin discussing community issues in earnest.

Thar ya go.
Thank you, Captain Search Function.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 01:39:41 am »
Genius account is flippin' genius.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 07:50:46 am »
I'm sick of people who spam regiment threads expecting it will yield them recruits somehow. Taleworlds was generally more populated and worked, but the spam here is atrocious. I encourage discussion and relevant information / pictures / videos. But when it turns into a Twitter wall, it pisses me off.
Have any of you even touched this yet or was it lost in the page turn?

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 09:00:32 am »
I think a clan should have the right to do whatever they want with their thread aslong as it does not break forum rules.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2013, 09:13:51 am »
I think a clan should have the right to do whatever they want with their thread aslong as it does not break forum rules.
Making unnecessary posts with no valuable content will be regarded as breaking the forum rules and punished accordingly. Try to avoid double posting, whenever it is possible. If you want to add something to your post, edit it, do not make a new one. Also, do not post the same thing on several places of the forum without permission.

I'd be happy to highlight spam, but the enter regiment board is filled with it.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 10:18:16 am »
Unnecessary posts, what would you classify as that, Menelaos?

I say let them do as they please, aswell.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 11:04:07 am »
Dealing with Menelaos' concern via PM to obtain more details (plus examples) of his Grievance. Once this is received it will be taken to the Rep board for discussion.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 04:20:53 pm »
Personally, I regard any posts with the intention of simply bumping threads to be extraneous. Most recruitment is done outside of this forum, and to be quite honest usually only groups with large amounts of people can conduct this strategy with success, that is, not being noticed my the administration. Smaller groups who try this are more often then not seen to be spammers over the rest of the larger groups, simply because only 4 people continually posting small, often less than 10 word posts are more noticeable than 12 people doing the same.

Much love to larger groups, but everyone's at fault here with their "bumping". If anything, there should be a rule to ensure that the conversation has at least SOME sort of texture to it..... But, then we come to the area of muddy opinions. I'll take a look into this.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 04:27:37 pm »
Hmmm, this all reminded me of my failed attempt at a regiment recently, we shut down due to lack of recruits. This community doesn't support new regiments very well, the Official server is like a pile of bones with only little strands of fresh recruits here and there, and almost every other server in all of NW has a no recruiting rule, would it be possible to make an official "recruiting" server where people looking for regiments/regiments looking for people can go?

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2013, 04:32:08 pm »
I'll try and give some sort of response to this, though it will probably be a little shorter than what I usually type as I currently do not have access to a computer.

In general, I punish double- posting under the spam rules, alonguide any post that simply says 'bump', or the like. I also advise regiment leaders to post actual content when bumping their threads (e.g. A comment about a lb or training).

That being said, I'll make sure the matter is discussed amongst the com reps and we'll try and make the rules clearer.

Hope this helps,

Blob
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Joker

• Donator
  • Face it Bats, you'd be lost without me
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 88th_Major_Joker
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 05:30:39 pm »
Will anything be done if people are just repeatedly making new regiment threads with different names or even the same?
Not going to name anyone specifically. But it is happening a lot in the community.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 05:35:10 pm »
There's not a lot we can do in that regard. You all saw what happened last time we told people which regiments they could or couldn't make. On that count I don't think we could ever tell a forum member that they weren't allowed to make a new regiment, for fear of more rabble rabble rabble-ing.

Blob
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?