Author Topic: NW Community Grievances  (Read 27894 times)

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Community Grievances Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 11:00:36 am »
Aksei,

The Dev team have already put out a large post about the "Official" servers, their admin team and various other aspects.

Whilst I try to find it to edit in I will do a brief overview:

In short - The Servers are paid for and belong to Vince, nobody else. Thus it is entirely up to him what they are called, what they play, who has admin etc etc. Thus nobody, including the community can "force" a change on them no matter how hard they try unless it is by convincing him it is for the better.

Edit:

Here we go, posted by Olafson

Good morning.

Why do I have to step in all the time? This is at least the 2nd time since the last 5 days I had to step in, even though I am a Developer and NOT supposed to do anything community related at all.
I am getting tired of this.

To make it clear, the Official servers and Forums are owned, paid and maintained by FSE, i.e. Vincenzo. They are not owned by the community, therefore the community has no right to tell Vincenzo what he has to do. Vincenzo has the right to promote anyone to Admin, who he thinks is capable of being an Admin. Vincenzo is actually kind enough of putting up a Thread that allows anyone to apply for a Admin position, and if Vincenzo feels like that person is capable of being an Admin, Vincenzo can promote him to Admin. Furthermore Vincenzo has the right to demote anyone he thinks is not capable of being an Admin.
Vincenzo set up no, that would disallow him of promoting any Admin he wants. That would be impossible anyway, since Vincenzo is the Server, he is the only one who has the right to promote people to Admin. Yes, there is an Admin staff that is more or less deciding who will be promoted to Admin and who will not be promoted to Admin. But Vincenzo always has the last word. And he could at any time,  remove their ability to promote people to Admin. In case you are wondering, most of the Admin staff, especially the higher ranking members of the staff have been promoted by Vincenzo. That is how we always dealt with it, and that is how we will deal with it in the future.

Just keep in mind that Vincenzo is paying for the servers, that Vincenzo is owning the servers and that Vincenzo put up a staff that is maintaining the servers. You are not paying for the servers, you are not owning the servers, you are not maintaining the servers. The community has no right to tell Vincenzo how he operates his Servers/Company. If you feel like the Official Servers and Forums are not operated as you wish them to be, then feel free to leave them.

About the Kitty thing: Vincenzo promoted Kitty to Server Admin because he thought that Kitty is a good Admin and will do her job well. Vincenzo can do that without asking you, he can do that without asking anyone, he can do just because he can do it. If Vincenzo thinks that it is a good idea to promote someone he knows very well, to Admin, then he got the right to do that.
It actually make sense, I would rather promote my Girlfriend, my Father, my Son, my Mom etc. to Admin than a random person in the Internet. Promoting someone to Admin, means that you trust that person, and who can you trust more than the persons being close to you? Furthermore, Vincenzo could promote someone to Admin he does not trust at all, it is his good right to promote anyone to Admin he wants to promote to Admin. He could promote Hitler, Stalin or even Mao to Admin if he wanted to.

If you wish us to try and carry out such actions as convincing him things need to change then please work with us to prepare a full case with reasoning and suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:15:08 am by Malakith »

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 12:34:52 pm »
When will FSE stop being Nubs?

I am intrested in how much power the Community Reps really have?
I mean can they  say who to ban ect or they more like people to yell your problems at?

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 01:10:36 pm »
1. will there be a new ruleset for the servers?
1.1 if yes, is there a date?
1.2 if yes, will it be a mix of NA and EU?
2. any plans for admin application process?
3. will all the map bugs fixed, like the rocks?

The rule set is always gonna be the same
NA admins come onto EU1 all the time anyway as you would know
The admin application thread is still up so people can still apply in the same way
And I don't think they have the time to go through each and every map fixing every little bug, given some bugs are caused  by the warband engine alone that would be a hard one to fix

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 01:12:14 pm »
We are people to direct your grievances at who can then hopefully put them to the FSE team in the private forum without them having to filter through 18 pages of flaming, arguments and pointless drivel which usually overbears any attempt at sensible discussion.

Our actual "power" is nothing other than the ability to present ideas in a closed forum.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 01:13:55 pm »
In terms of the rocks, I do remmember Vince mentioning some fixes in relation to rocks on maps. Not a 100% sure but there is a fix list in the dev blog 5 thread (posted by Vince) I believe. Check somewhere in the middle of that thread.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Aksei

• Donator
  • meh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aksei
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 01:53:48 pm »
cant find a list or anything about the rocks. I know some other bugs are fixed, hopefully this too. So i have to wait for the patch^^

thx to all your answers, just to make my point clear. I know exactly what rights vince has on his own server, never complained about it. He can give admin to everyone he want. He gave it to Kitty and earth moves around the sun, nothing special happend here. But those on the application thread it could be changend

but Malakith made it clear - atm your here to take suggestions and complaints to the closed forum and not answer my silly questions^^

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 02:10:42 pm »
We are nearing completion of everything that was on my list, in suggestion topics and bug reports that I picked up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PTBYpK1Zev0ptHagcAfIxrpLbNl5HSHUJiVYDBhBFBo/edit

Feel free to add comments and look at it, its a read-only document with comment ability.

Now its not up to me when to release anything, It is a decision that mostly lies with paradox and taleworlds.

If you have more intresting suggestions feel free to send a short but clear list through PM and I might add it to the document.

In the google docs:
- Fixed a bug with some rocks uses in maps, that were not having a colionmesh and allowed people to hide in.

Spoiler

[close]

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 02:21:59 pm »
Really quite pleased with how the thread is going. Hopefully it'll continue like this :)

Rejenorst:
NW_OFFICIAL_'MERICA!

Sigged.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 09:14:33 pm »
This isn't a grievance, and quite possibly is something that you may not have the first clue about, but I was wondering what is happening with the current Admin applications. I assume that there is some tidying up of the process currently going on or something similar, but nevertheless I thought I may as well inquire.

Thanks, and good luck all,
Tiki

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 09:31:09 pm »
1. will there be a new ruleset for the servers?

As of now there are no plans to change the current ruleset. Should it happen we will certainly let the public know.

1.2 if yes, will it be a mix of NA and EU?

As of this moment they should be the same exact rule set, there should not have been differences as far as I can tell.
2. any plans for admin application process?

I plan on changing the EU process to the NA process once the time comes. If you are not familiar with this process, I can briefly explain it.

It occurs in rounds. How often these rounds occur depends on the feedback I receive from both admins and players concerning admin coverage of the server. Once it is determined that we need more admins for a particular server, I go into action.

I round up every applicant from the application page and PM them to make sure their info is up to date. I also ask them some simple questions concerning how often they could admin for a week, when they can admin, and if they see any reasons that they may need to quit in the near future.

Once I have that information, I then create a list of everyone who managed to respond, and send it to the current admins. I ask the admins to give their opinion about each applicant. Questions typically involve if they knew them, if they think they would be good admins, and if they don't think so then why not.

Once I receive all of the feedback I then collate the data into a table, with the more in depth responses given priority over the bland responses. I then bring the collated info to my senior administrators, and we start removing the unknown applicants and those who received large amounts of negative feedback. We take those with large amounts of positive feedback and place them on top, and then the more in depth work begins on the controversial or lesser known applicants. I typically have put a hard cap of 10 new admins per rotation, and so we tend to spend a bit more time at the end of the list than we do the beginning.

Once the senior admins and I have prepared a list, Refleax and I give it a once over to make sure all appears well, and then the newly made admins are notified. There is a bit of a trial period where I tend to watch the new admins activities on the server and through the logs, and after a couple weeks I let them loose.

3. will all the map bugs fixed, like the rocks?

I think Rejenorst answered that pretty well.

This isn't a grievance, and quite possibly is something that you may not have the first clue about, but I was wondering what is happening with the current Admin applications. I assume that there is some tidying up of the process currently going on or something similar, but nevertheless I thought I may as well inquire.

Thanks, and good luck all,
Tiki

With the EU resignations I believe the time for looking for new EU admins will be arriving shortly. I will talk to the EU admins and see what they think about current events on the EU server.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:34:55 pm by Deofuta »

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 09:49:46 pm »

How about the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away.... WITH MIND BULLETS!? That's telekinesis, Wolfy.

Offline Lowlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 10:04:47 pm »
This is a good idea. Clearly the people knew what they were doing when they were voting for the Community Reps.

How about the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away.... WITH MIND BULLETS!? That's telekinesis, Wolfy.

This only helps to back up the point  I made above.

Offline MazZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • MazZ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stCSG_RSM_MazZ
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 12:43:24 am »
Shouldn't this thread be like stickied or something ? ^^

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 02:06:56 am »
Agreed entirely. I'll look into that :)

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 03:43:44 am »
I'm sick of people who spam regiment threads expecting it will yield them recruits somehow. Taleworlds was generally more populated and worked, but the spam here is atrocious. I encourage discussion and relevant information / pictures / videos. But when it turns into a Twitter wall, it pisses me off.