Author Topic: EU Community Rep Post | April-June Term  (Read 5988 times)

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
  • Side: Neutral
EU Community Rep Post | April-June Term
« on: March 31, 2019, 03:15:35 am »
Hey guys! Thank you for placing your trust in me, I'm happy to have a chance to be in this position and make a contribution to the community I wasted away shared so many hours with. I'm optimistic this is going to be a very interesting term.

First off, I would like to remind to all of you friends as exciting as some of the proposals I brought up may be, my main role during this term is to fullfill my duties as Community Representative. I'll be glad to be in contact with you guys, be it for ideas/proposals-disputes-talksies (links below). Mods may punish your casual rulebreach but I'll be there to dig just a bit deeper and have people sort their differences out or have the rules explained to them.

Speaking of my main aims, I haven't really developed much and specified the small text well enough to already be posting the details, but I'll keep you guys updated in this thread as plans move forward. What I first though of is creating a standarised tournament agenda and starting from there develop a whole community structure which would ensure quality standards. Oddly enough a very similar plan has already been brought forward by the very top people in the EU community a few days ago so I guess I lost my job I'll have to rethink my plans, and whatever comes out will ultimately be adhered to this organisation group.

That being said, I insist again I've taken this role for you guys. There's a big red phone in my table and the FSE admin staff is at the other end of the line, so please talk to me if you need to be listened.

>>>My steam<<<

xoxo
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:20:17 am by Ckne~ »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: EU Community Rep Post | April-June Term
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 02:32:27 pm »
Gl Chicken.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 09:35:26 pm »
Its day 1 and I already have a taste of this position. Hopefuly the mods won't freak out by how chilly I start debates and how I respond to people. Also the fact I have to operate from my phone most of the week so lets just hope I don't accidentally click any self-destruction buttons.

A couple issues have been brought forward so far, regarding the areas I am most familiar with (may I insist it's been just two days as CR) and I though this would be a good way to begin with.

First off I will make a comment on the voting that got me to this position as there seems to be people in disbelief I actually am here and also a user pointing out what I sense few others think: that I boosted myself with the votes of all my spanish "friends" to outvote any potential candidates. I am aware it makes for a fantastic conspiration but reality is much more dissapointing. People there really dislikes me for "backstabbing our nation" or something, barely anyone even knows what FSE is and take into account you need Corporal rank to vote. It was a two day voting and I could only teach a couple of my closest friends about how to do it, out of them willing to vote (literally only Marquez got to vote for me, how cute is that). I really believe these elections are for the people who care about this role to vote and not some mindless popularity contest, neither would I ever be so desperate over a videogame forum to force anyone to take their time and vote in a poll they don't even know. And I feel dumber now for having to seriously debunk that but I though I'd rather do it and forget about it.

Now to the real stuff. As this week progresses I will be finishing all the details to re-structure a calendar for (for now) competitive events. I though an extensive edit on Herishey's current event list would do very well, mainly focusing on giving it a much more visual design with easy to navigate graphics. Point number 1 is to create the templates and fill in the current events, working on a system to classify them all in various groups and also use past data to create an accessible archive. From there on what comes next is yet to be discussed, as I'll be talking to many organisers and team leaders.

A very interesting proposition is the Tournament Organisational Group which so far has banded all the big teams together in hopes to ensure good quality standards. This may work out wonderful although mistakes can be made: we need a platform to visibilise competitions and give people all the tools and opportunities to develop their project, encouraging the revival of old and new competitions. But such an organisation can be easily used to monopolise the scene and leave out anyone who doesn't fit on it, alienating people and mainstreaming competitions even more. I hope they are reading this. In any case I'm already in touch with Herishey and Voluble and will do my best to have their aims well-set.

Thats it for week 1. These are the main issues to me so don't expect this much text every week.
Posting an update during the weekend, but I'm sure I'll be reaching out to the cavalry folks next week to expand my view of the community and attend their issues.

ckne
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:53:17 pm by Ckne~ »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 06:38:52 am »
Good luck fellow CR! (:

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 07:14:02 pm »
good luck with your term.

Although i must point out i do not like the way u went about getting CR.

"as a spanish player in the international scene, I know what it is to be underrepresented, about the national scenes unique nature and their potential to contribute to the global pool. As part of a minority group I can tell well racist and homophobic attitudes and put them down right in the spot."

Far too often in today's culture are people using there ethnic background, economic stature or sexuality as a way to get jobs.

Either way, Good luck to you sir.

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 09:01:57 pm »
Good luck  :)

Offline Sadman

• Second Lieutenant
  • failed abortions are miracles
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sadman
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 01:02:19 am »
make mcmeekins great again
dont come here with that posh talk you nasty stuck-up twit

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 06:31:28 am »
Good luck & make EU great again!  :D

David_Schrein

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 10:11:39 am »
HerisheybestCR

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 06:31:06 pm »
Good luck fellow CR! (:
Thank you! and good luck to you too my NA equal :)

Good luck  :)
Thanks for the support guys :)

make mcmeekins great again
Lets reform, no serfs this time

Good luck & make EU great again!  :D
Definitively! Thanks :)

Although i must point out i do not like the way u went about getting CR.

"as a spanish player in the international scene, I know what it is to be underrepresented, about the national scenes unique nature and their potential to contribute to the global pool. As part of a minority group I can tell well racist and homophobic attitudes and put them down right in the spot."

Far too often in today's culture are people using there ethnic background, economic stature or sexuality as a way to get jobs.

I understand you on that as I too agree to a certain extent but there's also a reason why I included that bit, and people who do that have to obviously justify playing with such "identity roles". My first point is I have been playing two roles for most of my career in my local community and the general EU scene, using the experience I earn from each field to improve in the other. And that is already a unique background (not like it makes me special but surely more mature than most) just as anyone's else who can use his past career to claim what they're good at.
Second I mentioned that last bit about sexuality and such mostly because of something that happened in the forums a few weeks ago. I've been target of incredibly homophobic insults which really broke me as it was totally unjustified and coming from a friend. And there was barely any punishment. That's actuall been a major factor for me to apply for CR as I found very infuriating the example as a community we've given.
Hope you understand it.

Good luck with your term.
Thank you!

HerisheybestCR
You're just upset I used to make memes of you pls
#justice4padawan

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 06:36:11 pm »
(Doubleposting plz no ban)
Also I will be delaying my big boy calendar announcement as I'm away and I'm also giving time for the TOG to become more transparent, which is making some progress already.
#justice4padawan

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 06:38:09 pm »
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 11:54:14 pm »
(Doubleposting plz no ban)
Also I will be delaying my big boy calendar announcement as I'm away and I'm also giving time for the TOG to become more transparent, which is making some progress already.
No it's not! The cartel's secrets will never be leaked!
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 12:18:43 am »
Second I mentioned that last bit about sexuality and such mostly because of something that happened in the forums a few weeks ago. I've been target of incredibly homophobic insults which really broke me as it was totally unjustified and coming from a friend. And there was barely any punishment. That's actuall been a major factor for me to apply for CR as I found very infuriating the example as a community we've given.
Hope you understand it.

Good for you, of course your identity as a minority is relevant when trying to find community reps that are actually representative. Don't listen to that guy - why anyone would have a problem with someone running on a platform to tackle racism and homophobia is beyond me. Good luck!

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 11:23:22 pm »
Hope you understand it.
Good for you, of course your identity as a minority is relevant when trying to find community reps that are actually representative. Don't listen to that guy - why anyone would have a problem with someone running on a platform to tackle racism and homophobia is beyond me. Good luck!
Amazing support from you guys, thank you again :)
#justice4padawan