Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League - 6th Season [14th Matchday 15th - 21th Jan]  (Read 212731 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League - 6th Season [14th Matchday 15th - 21th Jan]
« Reply #1740 on: March 14, 2016, 11:45:15 pm »
Don't start changing the rules like you did with NLC.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1741 on: March 15, 2016, 02:13:33 am »
Don't worry, NWL will stay the same.

Offline 59th Regiment of Foot

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 15, 2016, 02:19:45 am »
Should be a great year. This will be my last NWL and the last NWL for NW I assume.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1743 on: March 15, 2016, 03:11:22 am »
17e can't wait for the NWL to start ;)

Create own leage for Pieter, 17e too strong :)

Haha to strong pls carol :P in the end it all comes down to leadership :D
I cant wait to versus you guys in a friendly 1v1 Should be Great fun :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:18:30 am by pieter »

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #1744 on: March 15, 2016, 06:02:25 am »
looking forward  ;)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 15, 2016, 07:01:47 am »
I had nothing to do with NLC rule changes :) if you look at how the RGL is run than you know im not to fond of doing stuff no one likes
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Wolfster

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 44th best th
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:39 am »
17e can't wait for the NWL to start ;)

Create own leage for Pieter, 17e too strong :)

Haha to strong pls carol :P in the end it all comes down to leadership my melee gods :D
I cant wait to versus you guys in a friendly 1v1 Should be Great fun :)

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #1747 on: March 15, 2016, 09:11:04 am »
Tbf you can win against a better regiment in 1v1 if you have good movement and understand the concept of how to get into a good position to fuck up the enemy from range. The perfect example would be 5te (Below Average Melee) vs 47e (2 year old Czech Reg). We were outskilled in melee but because we used some nice formations to get them to fire off their shots in a bad position and then put down 7 people in shooting helped us win 9-1 :p

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #1748 on: March 15, 2016, 09:23:49 am »
Tbf you can win against a better regiment in 1v1 if you have good movement and understand the concept of how to get into a good position to fuck up the enemy from range. The perfect example would be 5te (Below Average Melee) vs 47e (2 year old Czech Reg). We were outskilled in melee but because we used some nice formations to get them to fire off their shots in a bad position and then put down 7 people in shooting helped us win 9-1 :p
Ok

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 15, 2016, 09:32:04 am »
Ok
You don't get to have an opinon German scrub <3

Offline Pumti

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stand Brave Men!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pummo
« Reply #1750 on: March 15, 2016, 09:51:03 am »

What are you talking about? Rule changes are definetly needed! Half the fucking league 2 disbanded last season. In my opinion there should only be allowed regiments in that had been alive for at least 6 months.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 15, 2016, 10:00:47 am »

What are you talking about? Rule changes are definetly needed! Half the fucking league 2 disbanded last season. In my opinion there should only be allowed regiments in that had been alive for at least 6 months.
I disagree, some regiments which are Alive for 6 months are less likely to survive than some that formed two weeks ago or so. You have to understand that the age of the regiment does not guarantee it won't disband throughout the duration of the Napoleonic Wars League. What I would suggest is we add more factors to predict the regiment's ability to survive the period of the NWL. Some people who made regs are more likely to have them survive than others etc.

Offline GerRagnar

• Major
  • ↑ the amount of times I posted nudes last year ↑
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Crumpets_Mum
« Reply #1752 on: March 15, 2016, 11:43:03 am »
Ok

Yeah we have no opinions

Actually that point is a bit weak since players tend more to melee these days and regiments like the 51st are getting hated for running and shooting.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 15, 2016, 12:10:39 pm »
Ok

Yeah we have no opinions

Actually that point is a bit weak since players tend more to melee these days and regiments like the 51st are getting hated for running and shooting.
51st just camp on a hill. The 5te didn't, we ran around and shot. We kept our distance and when they would charge we would trap them and get like 5 kills and then melee.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 15, 2016, 02:02:44 pm »
First of all, there will not be any rulechange regarding shooting or camping and so on. Maybe I will change a few definitions about how a line has to move in a formation, because last season there were many situations that reminded me of a team charge on a public server over half the map. If a regiment decides to camp - no problem with that. You better get your officers to think of tactics to close the distance as fast as possible. 3 years ago it was a common way to choose the best hill and shoot the shit out of the opponent, and nobody cried about rivers. Leadership was actually needed back then. Today I have the feeling tegimental leaders try to get the best meleers around and just throw them into a charge, but thats not what NWL is about.

Then to answer Pumti's question: Last season I was really disappointed on how many regiments decided to drop out or disbanded. All free spots will be given to those regiments first that attended the whole 6th Season. If there are still free spots, I will prefer regiments who were stable a certain amount of time over new found regiments. When there are still free slots (I doubt there will be any after that), regiments that chose to quit sometime MAY have a chance after Cazasar and me did some background-checks. We really want this probably last NWL season before bannerlords to be an enjoyable tournament without salting and flamewars, without quitters and disbanders and without invites.