Author Topic: My Message to FSE and the NW Community  (Read 19743 times)

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
  • Side: Neutral
Re: My Message to FSE and the NW Community
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 09:38:39 pm »
william sumed it up perfectly, the initial hype faded away and everything is quiet, especially on the donator board where we used to see something new discussed almost every day ...but i will keep on waiting, patiently :)

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 09:52:32 pm »
I love it how its just jump ship to WoR x3

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 11:52:36 pm »
Digging how devs only reply with a cynical correction rather than address the post...
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 12:03:47 am »
Digging how devs only reply with a cynical correction rather than address the post...

I think he was trying to do both - "networking is the biggest part of the game" may imply that they are stuck on it for some reason. But I agree, who knows what is going on inside the FSE H.Q.- I still hope that one day they pop up with a finished game say "yeah, we completed all the work lel trololol" :P

ah, my childish fantasies  :-[
<3

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 12:10:40 am »
Well said William.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 12:19:37 am »

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline regwilliam

• Donator
  • add regwilliam to join 1stNJ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 12:23:27 am »
People quit asking if this was me got like 5 messages now people asking if this was me its not xD different William ya fools.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 01:44:11 am »
I said it several times already, the game isn't dead. There was no need to respond to this. Its just very silent at the moment.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 02:03:19 am »
I said it several times already, the game isn't dead. There was no need to respond to this. Its just very silent at the moment.

While it is nice to hear that the game is still in development, I think one of the main points of William's argument is that people are having trouble merely taking your word for it at this point. Of course the game probably isn't dead. That wasn't what was being suggested, or what we're truly worried about. What's happening with most people is that they're losing trust in FSE's ability to be honest and to communicate with the community in a transparent manner. Posts like this certainly don't hurt, but with all respect, they don't improve the situation either.

People want to see progress. It doesn't need to be groundbreaking progress. It can just be a 30 second video of alpha footage, or a new set of maps, or something like that. The fact that it's been months and months, and you don't even have a single skin to show (obviously you probably do have more stuff that's finished, but the point is that we haven't seen it), means the community is getting uneasy. Most of us haven't given up hope completely, or we wouldn't even be inquiring about this anymore. But as the months go on, you lose more and more members of the community. More people who would buy and play BCOF if only they had a little bit of information to keep up their interests.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 02:05:45 am »

While it is nice to hear that the game is still in development, I think one of the main points of William's argument is that people are having trouble merely taking your word for it at this point. Of course the game probably isn't dead. That wasn't what was being suggested, or what we're truly worried about. What's happening with most people is that they're losing trust in FSE's ability to be honest and to communicate with the community in a transparent manner. Posts like this certainly don't hurt, but with all respect, they don't improve the situation either.

People want to see progress. It doesn't need to be groundbreaking progress. It can just be a 30 second video of alpha footage, or a new set of maps, or something like that. The fact that it's been months and months, and you don't even have a single skin to show (obviously you probably do have more stuff that's finished, but the point is that we haven't seen it), means the community is getting uneasy. Most of us haven't given up hope completely, or we wouldn't even be inquiring about this anymore. But as the months go on, you lose more and more members of the community. More people who would buy and play BCOF if only they had a little bit of information to keep up their interests.
I couldn't have said it any better myself Stockings, excellent run down and analysis.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 06:32:43 pm »

+1  ;)

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 06:34:12 pm »
+1's should be a bannable offense

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 06:43:53 pm »

You put it quite well. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 06:46:38 pm »
Perhaps we may conlcude that FSE hasn't gone much strategically about their development?

I mean, if they'd 'just' release some models and maps every now and again, less people would wonder about if the game was actually dead or not.
The fact that FSE has been making empty promises (such as weekly development blogs, I mean, why even bother?) they can't keep anyway isn't really helping either.

And the valid fact William mentioend in the original post, that the WoR team, which is smaller, has less time and money, is actually making more visible progress.

Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 07:52:44 pm »
Vince is awake!
Spoiler
[close]

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private