Poll

Would you like to see inf+cav tournaments in 2019?

Yes
50 (75.8%)
No
7 (10.6%)
Eike Weimann
9 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Inf+Cav Tournament(s) in 2019?  (Read 7483 times)

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Inf+Cav Tournament(s) in 2019?
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2019, 02:44:09 pm »
Spoiler
Without a dismount rule the tournament would take 4 hours like last time because cavalry will just ride around winning those clutches.
let's play bo and not ft and all no dismount rule and corner rule ;)
And it'll still take 4 hours.
Well Cav matches take long thats right. I think with the right ruleset you can create a good tournament.
[close]
I think with a tournament/league that is hosted with cav and infantry if it takes too long the infantry players will simply get bored before it is finished.
Alot of the people get bored of other tournaments before they are finished aswell  ;)
They do, but there is a big difference between being bored for 1.5-2 hours than 4-5 hours.
Well as I said with creating the right ruleset to prevent this its possible to create a nice tournament.

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2019, 02:52:23 pm »
if you don't have the time to play this kind of tournament just don't take part  ;D
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2019, 02:54:59 pm »
if you don't have the time to play this kind of tournament just don't take part  ;D
Then an event designed to bring both communities together would fail as most of the infantry community would not want to attend.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2019, 03:29:14 pm »
Then an event designed to bring both communities together would fail as most of the infantry community would not want to attend.
With that kind of mindest yes. Why dont give it a try as a player. Whats the worst that could happen? You waste some time? People do that all day.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:32:10 pm by Lightning. »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2019, 04:06:57 pm »
With that kind of mindest yes. Why dont give it a try as a player. Whats the worst that could happen? You waste some time? People do that all day.
We (we being the inf community) tried it before as a player and already said the exact things I'm saying above.......
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2019, 04:13:27 pm »
We (we being the inf community) tried it before as a player and already said the exact things I'm saying above.......
I know because I was there. But the tourney was badly planned imo. And for me it was fun.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2019, 04:27:18 pm »
Spoiler
I know because I was there. But the tourney was badly planned imo. And for me it was fun.
[close]
Yes and the majority of the infantry players I spoke to or saw post about it didn't find it so. So I am simply saying that the ruleset would need to be more specific so that each round doesn't take 20 minutes if you want to get proper interest from the infantry community. In reality I'm not really sure what you're arguing about as your posts seem irrelevant in relation to Coco's.

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2019, 04:37:08 pm »
What about something like that:

6v6 tournament

A match consists of 3 parts. All parts are bo3.
First part is inf only
Second part is cav only
Third part is mixed: 3cav + 3inf

This tournmant forces inf players also to play cav and cav players also to play inf

Spoiler
Just an idea
[close]

I think it wouldn't take that much time

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2019, 06:27:57 am »
Combining NWWC and CNC teams into one national inf+cav tournie when

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2019, 09:57:16 am »
We can't do that before we can at least find a normal format both sides agree on.

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2019, 04:16:44 pm »
let's play this tournament ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:21:37 pm by corentin_murat »
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2019, 04:35:37 pm »
I always wanted to host a Cav + Infantry 3v3 tournament.

By 3v3 I mean 3 full regiments where each regiment was only allowed to go +1 over the other side per line like a normal 1v1/NWL. I think actually this would be better now as the skill level etc. is more even but the Cavalry would need to be limited to 10 I think. Anymore would be too much if they face opponents with 2 lines of 15.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2019, 04:54:05 pm »
I was thinking of a cav and inf tournament like the last one but we can do the two: 2 cavs for exemple and 6-7 inf something like that :)

Your idea of a cav and inf tournament with regiments it's good I think we can do something like that with balance +1 for line or inf. The balance should depends for inf and cav of the number of the other team. For exemple : 18e have 15 guys (line) in game and play with nr4 for exemple who have 14 cavs in game so it's mean the other team can have only +1 max for inf and +1 max for cav it's mean: 16 for the line and 15 for the cav...

I think like that it's can be good, 45eme played with 7e Huss in the past vs 14pk and 12pp if I remember well and against 2eFusGre and 9eHuss :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:57:22 pm by corentin_murat »
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2019, 05:04:22 pm »
In a competitive tournament you cannot do 15 cavalry if your lines are only 15 men in size. The cav guys might not like that but its the only way to avoid having them steamroll over smaller regiments.

It would have to be 10. We could make it so that lets say, every 5 infantry the cavalry can add 1 extra member in and so on.

So it could be: 18e (15) + 2eFusGren (15) + 4e_Huss (10) = 35

or 18e (25) + 15th (20) + 4e_Huss (15) = 60

Pretty sure any competent cav leader can tell you that having 15 cavalry in a 40v40 or 35v35 etc. is just way too easy for them.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2019, 05:08:29 pm »
Maybe we need to fix the number so one cav for 3 infs why not but 5 it's a lot I think , imagine you are the last cav for clutch it's more easy in 1v3 and not impossible for inf to lost.

That's one of the 2v2 who happens : 45eme and 7e Huss vs 14pk and 12pp

Who will host this kind of matchs btw?

at the beginning I was thinking about something like that but with a rule against camping in a corner :

We can do the two it's can be nice :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 05:12:49 pm by corentin_murat »
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey