16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983196 times)

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kammin
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Release Announced: Feb 14, 2014 Pg325)
« Reply #5430 on: February 06, 2014, 01:17:02 am »
Exactly best not to talk about it here.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5431 on: February 06, 2014, 01:24:24 am »
The date is getting closer and closer now, can we have some form of teaser?

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #5432 on: February 06, 2014, 01:30:51 am »
I may be a little late to the discussion about factions, but if we have just 5 factions, I think the last three should be Britain with colonial troops that served in Europe, Austria, and Italy. If we get six factions, I think they should be Britain with colonial troops that were in Europe and troops in the Middle East, Austria-Hungary, Italy, and the Ottomans...

Tbh, I really think this mod should stick to the western front and the Alps (Italy vs. Austria). It's definitely the more well known theatre of the war, and I think the mod should be based around it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:32:29 am by kpetschulat »

Offline stylish

• First Lieutenant
  • Degenerate, Mad, Lunatic, Prick and Halfwit
    • View Profile
    • SADSADASDSA.COM
  • Nick: Stylish
« Reply #5433 on: February 06, 2014, 01:31:52 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeJkpsOqQgc[/youtube]

Great movie aswell btw, worth watching.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344510/
Former Lieutenant of the 3rdFG || Captain of Team Netherlands NWEC 2014 || Primus <3 Stylish

HERISHEY NEVER FORGET; SPENDS HIS LIFE GETTING TOP POSTS, ONLY TO GET PERMBANNED LOL

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5434 on: February 06, 2014, 03:22:06 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeJkpsOqQgc[/youtube]

Great movie aswell btw, worth watching.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344510/

Now if only that was Iron Europe gameplay... muh dick

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: February 06, 2014, 05:49:10 am »
thats would be crazy
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kammin
« Reply #5436 on: February 06, 2014, 06:57:45 am »
Nice to see lots of armys and brigades are forming. I know that large armies like DA/UA and the British Army plan to stride in and give it a go, wonder if it will become very army based like North and South ?

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
« Reply #5437 on: February 06, 2014, 07:47:34 am »
The good 'ol French mass human waves.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: February 06, 2014, 12:12:32 pm »
? It's not uncommon knowledge that the Colonial troops were usually the first to be thrown into shitstorm situations. Ypres would be a prime example, they were the first troops who had to deal with the effects of Toxic gas. Many Algerians and Canadians died that day.

I've also got some stories from my Great Grandfather about stuff he saw in the War, but I won't talk about it unless an IE dev gives me the permission.

The Colonial troops at Ypres were there by chance. It's not like the French knew the Germans would launch a gas attack there and purposely placed colonial troops there... Colonial soldiers on the Western front were employed in the same way as the white soldiers, claiming that high command always sent them first into the attacks to get the killed is a preposterous claim. Colonial troops were even viewed as elite soldiers, like the French Colonial corps being a prime example. They may have gotten discrimination from white soldiers, but saying they were specifically chosen for suicide missions is a huge misconception.

That is true, and we can add to that, it's only pure misfortune because most of time, colonial troops were retired from the front during the cold period of winter, because HC was thinking they can't deal with the extreme climat. Of course in a very difficult case, like big german offensive, whatever the climate, all forces were called back.

The fact is that colonial troops, especially those from north africa, were also composed of white peoples, at least "european peoples". My great grand uncle was an european from algeria, and he served in the Tunisian infantrymen (Tirailleurs tunisiens) with alot of other "pieds noirs" from North Africa. And also my great uncle was in the Algerians infantrymen during the WW2, but the comon legend want that these regiments were fully indigenous (which is totaly wrong).

Some others colonial troops, like Zouaves, were mainly (perhaps fully) europeans from metropolitan area (parisians, Bretons, people from the Loire area), but deployed in the colonies.

i don't know what was the feeling of HC about the utilisation of Colonial troops, but they were not always used in first line, as french believed germans were affraid of the colonial troops, so we can guess they were used mainly in offensive phases to add a psychological benefit to the assault and that's maybe why people start to think they were using more than metropolitans as first wave. I think it's not because of their skins colour or their origin, but for their so estimated skill in combat, and we can check it by another story:

The meridional french soldiers were less estimated than any forces, and they had a bad publicity in the french army, High officers sayin that they were only good to received shot in the ass and raise their rifles in the air, calling them "Prussian from the south ("Prussiens du midi" in french). And they were not used in first wave from september 1914 until mid-late 1915 because of this bad publicity that they will retreat. But after the doubts were dissiped by their extrem bravery (they themselves said they have to do 2 times more brave things to be respected) that thing changed (a bit).

So you right, the Colonial troops, from what i read, were not used as first attacking troops because of their origins, especially because French officers though they were very good fighters (so not something you can waste in a very difficult and indecisive war). But that not means Black soldiers or arabic soldiers were estimated at the same level as white soldiers in the human way of course.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:20:05 pm by Nardu »

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #5439 on: February 06, 2014, 12:19:54 pm »
If not Russia, Paris could fall to Germans in 1914. Russian East-Prussian operation actually saved ruined the day there.
Germany really deserved to win. Why did they have to invade through Belgium? If they just went straight for France they wouldn't have the UK against them...
Please, explain to me, poor educated man, how Russia ruined day?

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: February 06, 2014, 12:27:41 pm »
If not Russia, Paris could fall to Germans in 1914. Russian East-Prussian operation actually saved ruined the day there.
Germany really deserved to win. Why did they have to invade through Belgium? If they just went straight for France they wouldn't have the UK against them...
Please, explain to me, poor educated man, how Russia ruined day?

With "if", the war could have be very different. IF austrians didnt followed the german in the triplice, then serbian troops with Romanians and all the eastern troops from Russia would have defeated the germans and the triple entente would have taken Berlin in 1914. In fact, this war never happened at all with this "If"

And then, the invasion of Belgium was a part of the german war plan, so if they didnt invaded the Belgium, they have to face the full french army and the fortified area in the North Eastern area.

That is why they were so close to Paris  around 1914, because of this plan.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:30:39 pm by Nardu »

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: February 06, 2014, 12:28:32 pm »
Edit: double post

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
« Reply #5442 on: February 06, 2014, 12:29:15 pm »

You don't deserve to say Deutsches Reich deserved to win if you don't even know the Schliffen plan. That's also a very, very bold assumption. The UK might have joined the war to make sure France wasn't completly occupied by German troops.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:34:30 pm by Johan »

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #5443 on: February 06, 2014, 12:38:09 pm »

As if it was strategically feaseable to attack across the border. The German would have gotten shit on had they walked into France's field fortifications on the border, would have no element of surprise and generally the operation would end in a terrible state. The French would be on the west border and the Russians the other side would have ended the war in way earlier.

The Schlieffen plan was made to fight a two front war. I don't think you realise how close the Germans were to winning. Had they not moved a whole army east (including the very valuable mobile cavalry corps) and had the time frames not been messed up due to delays, the German's would definetly have won the western engagement.

The Russians really saved France by scaring the Germans with their East Prussian operation.

l2war

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: February 06, 2014, 12:38:47 pm »
pls no history
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten