16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983180 times)

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Release Announced: Feb 14, 2014 Pg325)
« Reply #5400 on: February 05, 2014, 08:19:18 pm »
Russia seems boring, what do they have over other factions to make them interesting.
This. If you are looking after a faction other after the UK it should be Austria imo. Tbh I think you should do a poll.

Austrian uniforms
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Other than that it would be aswesome if anyone made a pickelhaube for the mod! Since there isn't any at the moment. I know it isn't historically accurate but it would be for the general at least.
So any talented modelers and texturers out there???

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #5401 on: February 05, 2014, 08:39:12 pm »
If not Russia, Paris could fall to Germans in 1914. Russian East-Prussian operation actually saved a day there.
Also in first years of war Russian Empire fought on multiple fronts and decapitated two opponents: Austria and Turkey, but had lack of time and resources for Germany. However, they made a huge effort in total victory deal.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: February 05, 2014, 11:23:40 pm »
If not Russia, Paris could fall to Germans in 1914. Russian East-Prussian operation actually saved ruined the day there.
Germany really deserved to win. Why did they have to invade through Belgium? If they just went straight for France they wouldn't have the UK against them...

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #5404 on: February 05, 2014, 11:25:35 pm »
Blah blah blah hindsight's a bitch we get it.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: February 05, 2014, 11:27:15 pm »
I just don't get why people think Germany were the 'evil' ones. I guess history is written by the victor.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #5406 on: February 05, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »
I just don't get why people think Germany were the 'evil' ones. I guess history is written by the victor.
Well the Spikey picklehaubs didn't help.  :P

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: February 05, 2014, 11:36:43 pm »

In World War I? Well they violated a nation's neutrality so yeah, they weren't the good guys.

But in WWI no one was the good guys. So what're you gonna do.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
« Reply #5408 on: February 05, 2014, 11:41:41 pm »

Of course the most nations in the WWI were "evil" and provoked the war, the problem was that the germans thought that they were stronger than all the others together and provoked the war maybe more than every other nation. Also the german leader Wilhelm II. wasn't very smart, he dismissed Bismarck . I really wish Friedrich III. havent died from cancer, he would have been a better leader for germany.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5409 on: February 05, 2014, 11:50:24 pm »

Nobody thinks Germany was the bad guy in world war 1, except maybe ultra-nationalists like Raddeo or something. 

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
« Reply #5410 on: February 05, 2014, 11:51:49 pm »
If the Germans didnt invade through belgium they would've had to face the full force of the French defences, I think people only think they are the evil ones because of the propoganda and also World War 2 (even though its not WW1)

On the bright side, I dont think anyone ever calls Australia the bad guys, I mean we defeated the Japs in WW2 at Kokoda but after the war Japan became Australia's biggest trading partner and they also helped clean up darwin from the bombings and shizzle
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:56:02 pm by TomaHawkAU »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: February 06, 2014, 12:01:55 am »
There are very, very few wars where there were "Good guys"

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
« Reply #5412 on: February 06, 2014, 12:02:47 am »
If the Germans didnt invade through belgium they would've had to face the full force of the French defences, I think people only think they are the evil ones because of the propoganda and also World War 2 (even though its not WW1)

On the bright side, I dont think anyone ever calls Australia the bad guys, I mean we defeated the Japs in WW2 at Kokoda but after the war Japan became Australia's biggest trading partner and also helped clean up darwin from the bombings are shizzle

Well, as a german who see it objectively, i have to say germany was "bad" in WW1 (like austria, russia anf france too) but WW2 was in fact a fail of the allies after the first world war. The Treaty of Versailles destroyed germanys economy and germany lost all his colonies and a lot of land in europe, how ever, the germanys feelt angry and choose hitler and the NSDAP, they promised to bring the old power back and ... you know the rest.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
« Reply #5413 on: February 06, 2014, 12:07:47 am »
There are very, very few wars where there were "Good guys"

I didnt say we were the good guys, but no one says we are the bad guys :)

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #5414 on: February 06, 2014, 12:11:55 am »

On the bright side, I dont think anyone ever calls Australia the bad guys, I mean we defeated the Japs in WW2 at Kokoda but after the war Japan became Australia's biggest trading partner and they also helped clean up darwin from the bombings and shizzle

Well Australia sorta had it coming, I mean look at how racist Australia was to the Japanese and all other Asian countries during 1901, the time of the Immigration Restriction Act, which for those who don't know, was an extremely racist law that was passed to restrict everyone who was not white skinned, and from Northern European descent.

And the Japanese did swear revenge after Australia refused to change the laws, so you can't say that they didn't warn us. They gave us a lot of chances to change them.

Because of Australia's extreme ignorance, a lot of people died on Kokoda Track and in the Darwin invasion. Which is sad, because it wasn't their fault, it was the governments fault. Even at the time of WWII, the act was still in place, and it was still in place until the 1950's.