16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983376 times)

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Release Announced: Feb 14, 2014 Pg325)
« Reply #4965 on: January 29, 2014, 01:15:31 am »
Oh, praise the lord I'm a beta tester. Valentines Day is my birthday, so I will not be available this evening (only at the next pubs) or able to play.  8)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #4966 on: January 29, 2014, 02:21:12 am »
I was bored yesterday night, so I started reworking a few more Iron Europe maps.

The camera is not at the exact places due to heavy changes on the terrain...
Spoiler

[close]

You will also notice that I finally changed the outer border... Now it actually fits to most of our muddy maps.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:23:46 am by Olafson™ »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #4967 on: January 29, 2014, 02:26:24 am »
Argh... as much as I like the creativity, can we have more straight up trench maps? The one thing I look forward to in this mod is just to feel like I'm in WWI.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #4968 on: January 29, 2014, 02:37:46 am »
Argh... as much as I like the creativity, can we have more straight up trench maps? The one thing I look forward to in this mod is just to feel like I'm in WWI.

Yep, it is 1916 so we should be dug in by now.

I would like to see a Battle of the Marne map though putting historical accuracy to the side. :P

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4969 on: January 29, 2014, 02:44:47 am »

Yep, it is 1916 so we should be dug in by now.

I would like to see a Battle of the Marne map though putting historical accuracy to the side. :P

oh my god, you finally did a post that isnt a grammar fail... and it actually makes sense...  ::)

and devmc wanted me to give him the link to the closed beta. ban pls. k thx bai.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: January 29, 2014, 03:06:45 am »
George, at this time that joke is in probably the shittiest taste I've ever seen.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #4971 on: January 29, 2014, 03:09:12 am »
Really distasteful, I don't want to imagine Rigadoons face when he sees that. I already look ugly... Please avoid such jokes at the moment.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #4972 on: January 29, 2014, 03:12:23 am »
I don't get what the big deal is.  :P But yeah, none of that.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: January 29, 2014, 03:16:50 am »

All these maps have quite a lot of trenches to shoot from. There are a few maps with just a long line of trenches, but to be honest, these are rather boring, are shit in gameplay and look horrible :P
And another reason why no one makes those maps is because this is Warband, placing trenches is horrible, even placing a small trench takes 20 minutes or more. Placing several that reach over the whole map is going to take days.

Btw... Did you actually look at aerial photographs from 1916? There are only a few places where it really is as you want it to be, 2 long lines of trenches facing each other. On most places, you have small trenches scattered all over the place, in between no mans land with hundreds of shell holes.

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4974 on: January 29, 2014, 03:18:22 am »

All these maps have quite a lot of trenches to shoot from. There are a few maps with just a long line of trenches, but to be honest, these are rather boring, are shit in gameplay and look horrible :P
And another reason why no one makes those maps is because this is Warband, placing trenches is horrible, even placing a small trench takes 20 minutes or more. Placing several that reach over the whole map is going to take days.

Btw... Did you actually look at aerial photographs from 1916? There are only a few places where it really is as you want it to be, 2 long lines of trenches facing each other. On most places, you have small trenches scattered all over the place, in between no mans land with hundreds of shell holes.

Quite the opposite of what was I thinking. The maps are perfect :D.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: January 29, 2014, 03:28:03 am »
Anyways, I have made a sceneprop for one of these large battle maps.. But hthe problem is that it is too large. It is taking way to long to finish, and I have no idea how to make it work in conquest. If I were to make it realistic, I have to make several lines of trenches on each side, and infront of that atleast 10 rows of barbed wire. In between the rows of barbed wire is nothing, just some shell holes, maybe a few trees, and thats it.

How do I make that work in conquest? I can place conquest flags on each trench, but that is stupid, it makes no sense, all you would have to do is run over, hope that you not get shot while breaking 20 rows of barbed wire, and once you are there, trying to capture the trench, while a ton of new players keep respawning there.
The maps I have seen, that had 3 long trenches always ended up with 1 team holding a trench and the other team just stupidly running against it, trying to somehow get in. In terms of gameplay, such a map is just horrible and does not work. It offers nothing.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: January 29, 2014, 03:41:46 am »
You could try and use the flag capture system from the Crusaders mod for Warband, that looks really sick.

Just have 5 trenches , two on each side and one really windy one in No Man's land. That'd be a good conquest map to simulate late war stormtruppen tactics,

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: January 29, 2014, 03:54:55 am »
So, how does this Crusader thing work?

Also.. That would be horribly boring. We already have a map similiar to your design, with 3 trenches. The team that can run the fastest to capture the middle trench wins, because once that is done, the other team will never be able to charge over.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: January 29, 2014, 04:02:10 am »
Give me a second, I'll get the video....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoq9PIqvu4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I'm impressed that they set this up so well. Even got the flag shaders down properly.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #4979 on: January 29, 2014, 04:05:23 am »
I just happened to take a look at that, I wasn't up to date with Crusader. A lot of the features in that mod make it seem really worth the wait.