16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983215 times)

Offline Gunny

• Donator
  • Nothing to fear but fear its self... and spiders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI Major Guny
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Release Announced: Feb 14, 2014 Pg325)
« Reply #4890 on: January 28, 2014, 07:55:00 am »
I think you will find that it is covered under the rules, Once under Rule 2: "or as a means to cause harm to another individual or group, in whatever shape or form, then FSE reserves the right to refuse service to the individual or group in question. ",  once under a (albeit liberal) interpretation of Rule 5: "This rule also applies to the unauthorised use of other user's game assets", and again under the elastic clause noted in the disclaimer.

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4891 on: January 28, 2014, 08:00:26 am »
I give it a month and a half at the least now.
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: January 28, 2014, 08:00:53 am »
Do you really think banning someone will stop them? Let's go over this in your own logic:

Step 1: Said person creates a thread containing a link with a leaked version of Iron Europe
Step 2: Said person is banned
Step 3: Everyone feels good that they stopped the mod from being leaked. Nipplestockings is supposedly proved wrong.
Step 4: Uh oh, said person is back again, with a dupe using an incredibly easy to obtain and use proxy. I didn't see that one coming!
Step 5: People realized that a determined person will not be stopped by a simple ban, and that the ban will just create unrest in the community, while not actually solving the original problem.

Edit: Boy, that was a lot of sarcasm, sorry. Look, I'm on your side, I'm sorry if I'm coming on too aggressive or self-confident. I'm merely arguing against banning people as an agent against leaking. It simply won't work. It's also against the rules laid out by FSE. There really is no good way to stop leakers with the resources that are readily available.

Honestly, I'm incredibly stressed out right now, as I've spent the entire day trying to deal with the leak, create the update, I haven't slept well the past week and just the knowledge that your mod is being leaked is painful. So I'm seriously unfit to be debating anything. Still. First of all, stop with the assumptions that I am not aware of anything and just state your argument without the added immature bullshit. I know what a fucking proxy is. Obviously there's no good solution to this but clearly making a hundred posts with the leak is easier than making a hundred accounts each posting one link. I'm trying to limit this leak as much as possible. When an mod edits out the leak in a post, a new one can be up in two seconds. If the person is banned, he at least needs to go through the trouble of setting up another account. It's not an ideal solution, and only creates the difference of a couple minutes, but it makes the situation just a bit more manageable. And I don't see how banning somebody who created an account on FSE just to distribute the closed beta will cause any unrest in the community.

I'm incredibly tired and stressed out right now as well - too much so to carry out an argument without coming off as an ass, so I'm just going to leave it at the fact that we both agree that there is no ideal way to deal with the threat of leakers. I still disagree with your proposed methods but I'm sorry for my needless sarcasm and arrogance. Good night.

Offline LucasAvis

• Second Lieutenant
  • To be True, You must first be Loyal.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ser Lucas Avis
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4893 on: January 28, 2014, 08:01:33 am »
Hmm. That would need clarification from FSE itself.

Again it's their forums, and banning their own consumers over a third party item is something that most companies would not consider.

But they might!

Leaking the mod without the creators permission is an abusive and malicious act and pretty much changes the game for them. Nobody forces people to be dicks, they do it on their own accord.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:40:45 pm by SeanBeansShako »
Oberst of the NR24 (NW)
Colonel of the 11th North Devonshire (AZ)
Colonel of the Devonshire Regiment (IE)
Colonel of the 1st South Carolina Rifles (BCF/WOR)

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #4894 on: January 28, 2014, 08:03:48 am »
I'm incredibly tired and stressed out right now as well - too much so to carry out an argument without coming off as an ass, so I'm just going to leave it at the fact that we both agree that there is no ideal way to deal with the threat of leakers. I still disagree with your proposed methods but I'm sorry for my needless sarcasm and arrogance. Good night.
I'm really sorry, mate. It may not seem like it, but I do get what you're saying. Hopefully, there's no hard feelings between us, as I do respect you.

Offline Gunny

• Donator
  • Nothing to fear but fear its self... and spiders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI Major Guny
« Reply #4895 on: January 28, 2014, 08:06:17 am »
I think that it's easy to consider that FSE would see mods, particularly one as large as IE, as important to their product's longevity. After all, it is not entirely unreasonable to postulate that people will purchase NW for the sake of a well done World War One mod (Hell, people even purchased NTW for TGW) and it would make sense for FSE to want to make their forums conducive to people who will add on to their product that will increase awareness both for their released product (NW) and their upcoming project BCoF.

Offline Pinkamena

• Second Lieutenant
  • En Svenske Tiger.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NyJg_Ov_Rin_Tohsaka
« Reply #4896 on: January 28, 2014, 08:13:10 am »
Sigh

Back to doing nothing for a while longer.

Offline SonOfApollo

• Private
  • 1stCB best CB.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4897 on: January 28, 2014, 08:46:33 am »
Oh damn. Tom & Walrus even made sigs for this mod. Sort of adds salt to the wound.
Best of the worst and worst of the best.

"The only time I feel out of ease is when the old cancer of the 1stCB lock themselves into a room. Just their presence gives me SJW, Tumblr levels of PTSD." THOMANATOR 2016

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #4898 on: January 28, 2014, 09:00:44 am »
Locking for the night.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: January 28, 2014, 09:01:14 am »
The IP of the leaker did not match any known IP on the forum. The account was created with a likely fake email address and only to make a single post leaking the mod. I don't think it had anything to do with UOG either.

Anyway account banned.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: January 28, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »
Release is still a few weeks away, It might be time to start considering good event times, setting up the TeamSpeak channels and checking server payments for preparation.

Also, if you feel the need to form a new regiment now might be the best time get in on early using the regiment reservation thread. I'd also prepare templates and tables for threads in the Iron Europe sub-forum that will be set up soon.

You got some prep time gents, use it the best ways you can for a smooth community release.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: January 28, 2014, 05:09:58 pm »
Release is still a few weeks away, It might be time to start considering good event times
We are planning to host our Hardcore Conquest event on Monday evenings at 8:00pm EST.

Also, if you feel the need to form a new regiment now might be the best time get in on early using the regiment reservation thread.
That thread can be found here: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=8179.0
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4902 on: January 28, 2014, 05:18:46 pm »
Oh boy, a hardcore Lb hosted by Sarge, prepare for mass slays

Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #4903 on: January 28, 2014, 05:24:13 pm »
Oh boy, a hardcore Lb hosted by Sarge, prepare for mass slays

He always slays me as a sacrafice to the map gods!
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Hoffmann

• Sergeant
  • Your Glorious Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [13te] Uffz.Hoffmann
« Reply #4904 on: January 28, 2014, 05:36:11 pm »
Fireboy just deserves it. Hail Satan.