16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983190 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Release Announced: Feb 14, 2014 Pg325)
« Reply #4875 on: January 28, 2014, 06:58:26 am »
Anyone who leaks the mod before the intended release date in these forums will get a mute and even a possible ban. Do not try it.

You what now? Look, I'm all for preventing people from leaking the mod, but this forum is a place for discussing FSE products, not third party mods. Besides the fact that your job as a moderator of this forum does not cover Iron Europe, it's not your place to suddenly decide that people can now be warned and muted for something so completely inane and unrelated to the official ruleset. I'd like to have an FSE staffmember or a senior mod verify that this is actually allowed before we just go off accepting that we can be muted for leaking a free modification.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:13:37 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4876 on: January 28, 2014, 07:00:05 am »
Anyone who leaks the mod before the intended release date in these forums will get a mute and even a possible ban. Do not try it.

You what now? Look, I'm all for preventing people from peaking the mod, but this forum is a place for discussing FSE products, not third party mods. Besides the fact that your job as a moderator of this forum does not cover Iron Europe, it's not your place to suddenly decide that people can now be warned and muted for something so completely inane and unrelated to the official ruleset. I'd like to have an FSE staffmember or a senior mod verify that this is actually allowed before we just go off accepting that we can be muted for leaking a free modification.

Are you fucking serious? This leak will seriously affect our development and possibly kill the mod before release.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: January 28, 2014, 07:15:29 am »

You what now? Look, I'm all for preventing people from peaking the mod, but this forum is a place for discussing FSE products, not third party mods. Besides the fact that your job as a moderator of this forum does not cover Iron Europe, it's not your place to suddenly decide that people can now be warned and muted for something so completely inane and unrelated to the official ruleset. I'd like to have an FSE staffmember or a senior mod verify that this is actually allowed before we just go off accepting that we can be muted for leaking a free modification.

Are you fucking serious? This leak will seriously affect our development and possibly kill the mod before release.

Did you read the second sentence of my post? I sure hope so, because I specifically stated that I support efforts to prevent people from leaking the mod. Now, if you read the rest of my post, you'll see what I was disagreeing with. Two different things, eh?

Offline W.Bishop

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: January 28, 2014, 07:16:04 am »
Dont let them leak it i need this mod to be perfect!! While im sad it wont be out in January, I am much happier with a definitive release date, please keep up the good work you guys are awesome and i hope to mass infantry charge with you soon! the 14th man and i had such a nice date with my Lady planed well she will under stand bwhahahahahhaha jk i might not play day 1 but ill play for the rest of the mods life which will be many years i hope.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: January 28, 2014, 07:18:05 am »

Did you read the second sentence of my post? I sure hope so, because I specifically stated that I support efforts to prevent people from leaking the mod. Now, if you read the rest of my post, you'll see what I was disagreeing with. Two different things, eh?

I read your entire message. And I will say again. These people will destroy more than a year of work if they are not stopped. They need to be muted/banned as soon as possible.

Offline LucasAvis

• Second Lieutenant
  • To be True, You must first be Loyal.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ser Lucas Avis
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4880 on: January 28, 2014, 07:18:32 am »
However I have to agree. This is a forum for FSE and its products.

Having something to do with third party mods that do not go against the forum rules as laid down by FSE itself that could end up in bans and warnings. That is actually wrong and contradicts the rules.

Look at it like a law case, there is no standing for it.

That said, people shouldn't be dicks and leak it.
Oberst of the NR24 (NW)
Colonel of the 11th North Devonshire (AZ)
Colonel of the Devonshire Regiment (IE)
Colonel of the 1st South Carolina Rifles (BCF/WOR)

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: January 28, 2014, 07:21:21 am »
Nipplestockings is completely in the right here.
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #4882 on: January 28, 2014, 07:25:53 am »
Nipplestockings is completely in the right here.

I kinda agree with nipplestockings.

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kammin
« Reply #4883 on: January 28, 2014, 07:32:50 am »
Either way gentlemen this is not the place to discuss this.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: January 28, 2014, 07:33:12 am »
Spoiler

I read your entire message. And I will say again. These people will destroy more than a year of work if they are not stopped. They need to be muted/banned as soon as possible.
[close]

Yes, the leakers need to be stopped. It's disgusting and incredibly inconsiderate to the mod team to potentially render months of hard work invalid by doing something like that, and those people need to be silenced with the utmost swiftness. How can that be done? Well, if a post like that shows up on the forum, all mods have this nifty tool that lets them edit users' posts. If a mod is dilligent, he can delete the posts in question in a matter of seconds. There, problem solved. If the mod is leaked outside of the forum, there is no way that a moderator on the forum can get involved. That would be like muting someone on the forums because I called my friend a racial slur over steam. It simply doesn't translate over to the forum. Yes, mods can technically do whatever they want because it's their forum, but that doesn't make it right, and it'd be breaking their own rules. I really don't see how anyone could think this acceptable.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: January 28, 2014, 07:36:33 am »
No. Not problem solved. Then the person creates a new thread and posts the link again. Do you seriously want the mods to babysit this forum 24/7?

Offline LucasAvis

• Second Lieutenant
  • To be True, You must first be Loyal.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ser Lucas Avis
« Reply #4886 on: January 28, 2014, 07:42:38 am »
Moderators, if unable to be fully impartial and obey their own rules, have no place being a moderator.

If a leak happens, just get all server hosters and event organisers to ban them from their servers and events.

EDIT:

We do this without pay in our free time. You might want to reconsider some of these viewpoints guys.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:38:50 pm by SeanBeansShako »
Oberst of the NR24 (NW)
Colonel of the 11th North Devonshire (AZ)
Colonel of the Devonshire Regiment (IE)
Colonel of the 1st South Carolina Rifles (BCF/WOR)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: January 28, 2014, 07:43:31 am »
-snip- fuck me I'm going to bed
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:57:31 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: January 28, 2014, 07:44:28 am »
Moderators, if unable to be fully impartial and obey their own rules, have no place being a moderator.

If a leak happens, just get all server hosters and event organisers to ban them from their servers and events.
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: January 28, 2014, 07:54:07 am »
Do you really think banning someone will stop them? Let's go over this in your own logic:

Step 1: Said person creates a thread containing a link with a leaked version of Iron Europe
Step 2: Said person is banned
Step 3: Everyone feels good that they stopped the mod from being leaked. Nipplestockings is supposedly proved wrong.
Step 4: Uh oh, said person is back again, with a dupe using an incredibly easy to obtain and use proxy. I didn't see that one coming!
Step 5: People realized that a determined person will not be stopped by a simple ban, and that the ban will just create unrest in the community, while not actually solving the original problem.

Edit: Boy, that was a lot of sarcasm, sorry. Look, I'm on your side, I'm sorry if I'm coming on too aggressive or self-confident. I'm merely arguing against banning people as an agent against leaking. It simply won't work. It's also against the rules laid out by FSE. There really is no good way to stop leakers with the resources that are readily available.

Honestly, I'm incredibly stressed out right now, as I've spent the entire day trying to deal with the leak, create the update, I haven't slept well the past week and just the knowledge that your mod is being leaked is painful. So I'm seriously unfit to be debating anything. Still. First of all, stop with the assumptions that I am not aware of anything and just state your argument without the added immature bullshit. I know what a fucking proxy is. Obviously there's no good solution to this but clearly making a hundred posts with the leak is easier than making a hundred accounts each posting one link. I'm trying to limit this leak as much as possible. When an mod edits out the leak in a post, a new one can be up in two seconds. If the person is banned, he at least needs to go through the trouble of setting up another account. It's not an ideal solution, and only creates the difference of a couple minutes, but it makes the situation just a bit more manageable. And I don't see how banning somebody who created an account on FSE just to distribute the closed beta will cause any unrest in the community.