16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983199 times)

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #23 Christmas Update Pg235)
« Reply #3945 on: January 09, 2014, 08:50:34 pm »
Not gonna work. At some point shit will go down and an uproar of depressed players will want their own servers. Besides where will they train.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3946 on: January 09, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »
What would be the terms then to get accepted?
Fairly big regiments with a decent reputation?
That is quite stupid.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3947 on: January 09, 2014, 08:53:08 pm »
That is quite stupid.
You are quite stupid. Sorry for trying my best to help out. Come up with your own examples before bashing other peoples ideas.

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #3948 on: January 09, 2014, 08:58:26 pm »
Well the 91st had good reputation...
A regiment could start "selling" the server files to keep their NW servers running, you never know.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a regiment, rather well-reputed individuals, however most likely you'd have to provide server files to the 33rd, 77y, 84e and every other large regiment.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: January 09, 2014, 08:59:57 pm »
I agree with Wismar. Regiments or individuals who have a good reputation in the community should be able to apply for the server files. It doesn't mean anyone will get them for certain, but in the future when the devs are more open to other hosts, there will be a list of applicants for consideration. It might be worthwhile to ask that these regimental servers remain passworded at all times, to be used only for private events or trainings. That way, they will not draw public players away from the official servers. Only individuals who could be trusted to uphold such an arrangement should get the files. Just a thought, but it's a fair compromise between official servers only and total chaos.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: January 09, 2014, 09:03:20 pm »
That is quite stupid.
You are quite stupid. Sorry for trying my best to help out. Come up with your own examples before bashing other peoples ideas.

Hush, no need to retaliate. He's partly right, that judging it based on how well known or reputable a regiment is will likely lead to the same kind of conflict that surrounded the retiring of the 51st name. People don't like being categorized and denied privileges for reasons like that.

Offline Confuzzled

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: January 09, 2014, 09:21:32 pm »
I'm not sure that if the server files get released, then the mod will die. On NW, there are about ~200 (Not an exaggeration) or so servers up, and only about 20 or so are frequented so they stay populated almost 24/7. Plenty of regiments have there own servers, yet they remain unpopulated. I feel that some people think that if there are 20 servers and 100 people, then they divide themselves up equally, which is not the case. Players go for servers that have the most people, like NA_1 or EU_1. Regiments cannot force there players to stay on their own server when there is another one that has 3 times or so more people on. I'm not trying to bash anyone's opinion, but based on looking at all of the NW servers that are up and running, I don't think that releasing the server files will cause the mod to crash and burn.

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: January 09, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »
judging it based on how well known or reputable a regiment is will likely lead to the same kind of conflict that surrounded the retiring of the 51st name. People don't like being categorized and denied privileges for reasons like that.
A team of developers did not create the 51st Regiment. So that name should be free for any to adopt. This mod however, is the property of the developers, and nobody has any claim to it. Apples and oranges.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Pinkamena

• Second Lieutenant
  • En Svenske Tiger.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NyJg_Ov_Rin_Tohsaka
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3953 on: January 09, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »
Don't make it based on size, that's a downright stupid idea. I like to think I'm a fairy good person, and my regiment has a rather good repute, but since it's not exceedingly large I don't want to be refused a server to train on in peace.

Reputation alone? Perhaps.

Size? Don't factor that in. Okay, maybe if it's like a 2 man regiment but still.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: January 09, 2014, 09:27:08 pm »
judging it based on how well known or reputable a regiment is will likely lead to the same kind of conflict that surrounded the retiring of the 51st name. People don't like being categorized and denied privileges for reasons like that.
A team of developers did not create the 51st Regiment. So that name should be free for any to adopt. This mod however, is the property of the developers, and nobody has any claim to it. Apples and oranges.

Of course, I wasn't denying that. However there will always be people who will get mad because they did not get accepted to create a server, and conflict will ensue. I'll personally be fine with whichever system the devs choose to use, but I don't think that a system of choosing regiments based on their reputations or prominence within the community will bide well with some.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: January 09, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »
If only competent regiments had their own servers. If everyone gets server files you will have a lot of small servers for small retarded regiments runned by 13 year olds with 6-7 members. Maybe make it so regiment leaders has to fill out an application to get the server files? So only the bigger ones get to have servers?
I wish we could do this with nw I get so annoyed with these really horrific 10 man regiments, that is 10 people who could be in a decent regiment that isn't lead by some retarded 13 year old.

I do agree with this however how would you judge what a good regiment is because there are plenty of very big and bad regiments (not naming any names)

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: January 09, 2014, 09:46:50 pm »
Of course, I wasn't denying that. However there will always be people who will get mad because they did not get accepted to create a server, and conflict will ensue. I'll personally be fine with whichever system the devs choose to use, but I don't think that a system of choosing regiments based on their reputations or prominence within the community will bide well with some.
I would only expect those with poor reputations or no reputations to complain. For those with no reputation to speak of, they have a clean slate to earn the respect of the dev team or those they trust. Not the worst starting point. Like you though, I will get by either way, I am just looking forward to 200 man events!

Offline Sasuau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 73rd_Rgl_John_Edwards
« Reply #3957 on: January 09, 2014, 10:13:54 pm »
In Mount & Gladius, the legion I was in used to borrow another legion's server for trainings. This way we didn't have to host our own. So if there is a few servers that regiments can borrow then they won't have to host their own servers, given that there is enough servers to borrow.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #3958 on: January 09, 2014, 10:52:29 pm »
If someone has the game and has a server available I think it's their fully right to host a server. It would be stupid to say he can't

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #3959 on: January 09, 2014, 11:47:50 pm »
Blaming the death of a mod on a matter such as 'too many servers' is utterly ridiculous. The problem starts elsewhere, and it's called lack of entertainment, people stop playing mods because it becomes boring, that's the mod, not the servers' fault.

told that bih don't @ me