16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983373 times)

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #23 Christmas Update Pg235)
« Reply #3525 on: January 03, 2014, 06:59:14 am »
anyway, are the events going to be ran like NW events? Im not a WWI expert but did they have lines during WWI?

In some sort of fashion, but not like NW with men going shoulder to shoulder. Open order and grabbing all the cover available.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #3526 on: January 03, 2014, 07:00:46 am »
2nd day of janurary: still no iron europe in sight

IS THIS THE ENDD???
lol yesterday was the beta  ;D

why was i not given priority invitation, i am pillar of the community go ask steam  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3527 on: January 03, 2014, 07:01:35 am »
Just to get an idea of what's running around in the heads of event organizers, we already know stuff like MGs, snipers, and assault troops will be pretty damn limited. I was just thinking about it myself and it translates well from how things are typically done in NW right now:

Snipers and MGs + crew = Skirms
Assault troops = Cavalry
Infantry = Line

Thoughts?

Can each faction get just two units of cav? Please? I know the age of equestrian warfare was at it's sunset but Cavalry soldiers still had a big role in WWI. They deserve a spot once the Eastern Front drops.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline crazy8headshot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 82nd_Col_crazy8headshot
« Reply #3528 on: January 03, 2014, 07:02:17 am »
Just to get an idea of what's running around in the heads of event organizers, we already know stuff like MGs, snipers, and assault troops will be pretty damn limited. I was just thinking about it myself and it translates well from how things are typically done in NW right now:

Snipers and MGs + crew = Skirms
Assault troops = Cavalry
Infantry = Line

Thoughts?
What I think is what do you mean by line because what I think of line is... Medics, machine gunners, Infantry, sapper and officers
"All The Way"
82nd Airborne Motto

Offline crazy8headshot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: January 03, 2014, 07:16:29 am »
now for the events will we be having trenches and also no mans land? Everyone is waiting for the event with no mans land.
"All The Way"
82nd Airborne Motto

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #3530 on: January 03, 2014, 07:22:09 am »
now for the events will we be having trenches and also no mans land? Everyone is waiting for the event with no mans land.

Mate, I know you're new here, but using the edit key will save all of us a ton of trouble in the long run.

As for events with a "no-man's land", that's going to most likely be pretty standard. I don't know if there'll be stuff like mines, but there should be some Czech hedgehogs and barbed wire all over the place.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3531 on: January 03, 2014, 07:23:05 am »
May i suggest reading through the pages or using the search bar ;)

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #3532 on: January 03, 2014, 07:26:31 am »
What I think is what do you mean by line because what I think of line is... Medics, machine gunners, Infantry, sapper and officers

Yeah, officers, medics, ammo crate guys, and regular infantry. Basically everything to be self-sufficient. With bleeding out a real thing to worry about in the mod, a medic or team of them right there with your guys is the best way to keep your line falling apart on you from people getting wounded. Also ammo goes by pretty quick when you're in the thick of fighting, so the ammo crate being ready for deployment is a great hub for your guys to restock on ammo (which isn't unlimited, mind!)

Not MG gunners; I think should have their own role to play separate from the line being so few in number. What I mean by that is if you have a MG per regiment at an event let's say... well, they'll be up there with their guys acting under the orders of the officer. But if you had the MG guys of the whole team working together as a regiment, you could coordinate intersecting fire and have the LMG teams plug the gaps or move quickly forward. Also sappers would be better used with the assault troops, IMO.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:30:01 am by Landrik »
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline crazy8headshot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:44 am »

Yeah, officers, medics, ammo crate guys, and regular infantry. Basically everything to be self-sufficient. With bleeding out a real thing to worry about in the mod, a medic or team of them right there with your guys is the best way to keep your line falling apart on you from people getting wounded. Also ammo goes by pretty quick when you're in the thick of fighting, so the ammo crate being ready for deployment is a great hub for your guys to restock on ammo (which isn't unlimited, mind!)

Not MG gunners; I think should have their own role to play separate from the line being so few in number. What I mean by that is if you have a MG per regiment at an event let's say... well, they'll be up there with their guys acting under the orders of the officer. But if you had the MG guys of the whole team working together as a regiment, you could coordinate intersecting fire and have the LMG teams plug the gaps or move quickly forward. Also sappers would be better used with the assault troops, IMO.
well I think we should have machine gunners should be in the Infantry's line well I think. what does everyone else think about my idea?
"All The Way"
82nd Airborne Motto

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #3534 on: January 03, 2014, 08:26:11 am »

well I think we should have machine gunners should be in the Infantry's line well I think. what does everyone else think about my idea?
I think that will not be proven effective because not every regiment can produce the numbers to include a medic, sapper, MG, and Ammoman. Not to mention that the line would probably hold back the MG by limiting mobility. I look to see the MG be an independent unit.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #3535 on: January 03, 2014, 08:47:27 am »

Mate, I know you're new here, but using the edit key will save all of us a ton of trouble in the long run.

As for events with a "no-man's land", that's going to most likely be pretty standard. I don't know if there'll be stuff like mines, but there should be some Czech hedgehogs and barbed wire all over the place.
Czech hedgehogs weren't around until just before WWII and I'm pretty sure there weren't any anti-personel mines(I assume you're talking about those) either. Barbed wire, check.

I have to agree with Landrik's idea of having machine gunners operate as a separate unit. Having a couple medics and support troops in your group is a must if your group is to survive for long. Adding on another four men to operate a heavy machine gun will leave little men left for normal rifleman. An MG squad carrying a tripod/sled, the weapon itself, and ammuniton cannot keep up with infantry anyways. As well, it'd be interesting for infantry units to need to call up a MG squad where the enemy is thick.

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #3536 on: January 03, 2014, 08:49:04 am »

Czech hedgehogs weren't around until just before WWII and I'm pretty sure there weren't any anti-personel mines(I assume you're talking about those) either. Barbed wire, check.

I have to agree with Landrik's idea of having machine gunners operate as a separate unit. Having a couple medics and support troops in your group is a must if your group is to survive for long. Adding on another four men to operate a heavy machine gun will leave little men left for normal rifleman. An MG squad carrying a tripod/sled, the weapon itself, and ammuniton cannot keep up with infantry anyways. As well, it'd be interesting for infantry units to need to call up a MG squad where the enemy is thick.

So the MGs are going to require 4 people to man in the game? I did see that one link of a guy hip firing one :)

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: January 03, 2014, 08:53:49 am »
Rig is probably talking about a MG, and you are probably talking about an LMG (I believe there is a difference in the mod, yeah?).

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #3538 on: January 03, 2014, 08:55:30 am »
Rig is probably talking about a MG, and you are probably talking about an LMG (I believe there is a difference in the mod, yeah?).

I didn't know they were implementing those? :O

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: January 03, 2014, 09:00:06 am »
I didn't know they were implementing those? :O
I think so. Though my fingers are feeling especially lazy, so I don't feel like searching for it right now.