16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983292 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #23 Christmas Update Pg235)
« Reply #3360 on: December 29, 2013, 01:28:54 pm »
Y u no maek dis 4 relaese?

Spoiler
[close]

1916 only saw very limited use of Tanks. The British used their first tanks in 1916. I did some research, but could not find any sources that stated that the Germans used captured tanks in 1916. The french for sure did not use any tanks.

Maybe with the addition of GB tanks could be added.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:32:10 pm by Olafson™ »

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3361 on: December 29, 2013, 01:45:54 pm »
1916 STYLE BUMB

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3362 on: December 29, 2013, 01:55:27 pm »
Why is everybody making fun of france? Denmark surrendered after hours ;_;

Because Denmark is pretty irrelevant anyway and nobody was expecting much from them. France was all high and mighty and their ingenious Maginot line was supposed to be impregnable. They also basically turned coat and let the Nazis completely fuck them during the occupation, leaving the fighting to partisan resistance forces, while the actual government fled to the UK.

[HS On]
Excuse me sir, but this is a total unfounded argument, created by a bunch of muricans hillbillies after we refused to go in the Iraq war, in a way to make fun of a country that declared this war was illegal, and more than anything, an operation which was condamned to the fail. That's funny to see now all the articles saying " oh.. French were right about iraq" in the NY Times or some others newspapers.

But the most funny thing is that, the guy who lead this "french surrender monkeys" myth was also a guy who joined national guard to do not serve on Vietnam battlefield. Isn't it nice?

During the world war 2, except the yougoslav, which country didnt collabored with nazis? No one! Do you want we talk about the polish and what they did to their fellows polish jews? Or the volunteer pogroms made by lettons, ukranians and bielorussians BEFORE the arriving of german troops? And which gave HUGES contingents of auxilliaries to germans? please come on.
Netherlands also did bad things, as Belgium, etc...

They do not turned coat either, as far we suffered 60 000 KIA in the battle of France and 200 000 in the whole ww2.

German army had better tactics, motivated troops and good materials. Every countries fell, and Uk has been probably defeated if the channel didnt stopped the germans.

It´s easy to say " they let the fight to partizans". What could they do? Fight? With alot of french soldiers already POWS? With what? Children? Women? Old ppl? Against a well trained army? To see their country destroyed? Their families murdered? With guys like Petain who thought it was not that bad tonbe the ally of third reich? It´s not an hollywood movie. Real people dont want to die, especially france of ww2 which already saw 1 400 000 of its  men die 25 years ago (5% of the population, 18% of men between 18-40). Soplease you can of course say joke about french army who loves to surrender despit the fact they had the most gratefully decoration of US congress during the Korean war for their heroic actions or the fact they charged serbian troops with bayonets at vrbanja bridge battle in the 90's, but dońt be too serious.

[/HS off.]

Nice work to the iron europe team. Im following you since february without saying a word on forums, but your work is really awesome.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:09:44 pm by Nardu »

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
  • Nick: Baillie
« Reply #3363 on: December 29, 2013, 01:57:11 pm »
Welcome :) Please guys, can we not pick holes in each others nations? It's only aimed to annoy someone.
Steam profile.                    Iron Europe Developer.
NW Immersion Mod. -  UPDATE RELEASED 26/09/2015

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: December 29, 2013, 01:57:54 pm »
The wise words of Baillie.

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #3365 on: December 29, 2013, 02:02:30 pm »
1916 only saw very limited use of Tanks. The British used their first tanks in 1916. I did some research, but could not find any sources that stated that the Germans used captured tanks in 1916. The french for sure did not use any tanks.

Maybe with the addition of GB tanks could be added.
The French did not have any tanks in 1916, but in 1917-1918 they did have the first modern tank in history with a rotating turret, which was quite revolutionary.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: December 29, 2013, 02:04:18 pm »
Too bad it had no forward gears.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: December 29, 2013, 02:13:29 pm »
Welcome :) Please guys, can we not pick holes in each others nations? It's only aimed to annoy someone.

Thank you :)

yes sorry, i always delayed the moment of inscription here, but i feel it was a good opportunity to say good work and make a rectification about some historical wrong things. I'm the first to laugh about this kind of jokes, but when it turns to serious discussion it's a bit different. I'm not aggressiv or anything (i'm just a rude french :p ) just wanted to show my opinion. Nothing personal against TORN ;)

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #3368 on: December 29, 2013, 02:13:59 pm »
Too bad it had no forward gears.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
« Reply #3369 on: December 29, 2013, 02:16:05 pm »
This is not an update

As you know I'm working on the particle systems. I feel its something that can be easily changed by opinion, and knowing me, I probably have odd views. So, in order to receive some feedback, and gain some constructive criticism, I have posted a video on youtube showing you the artillery particle effects. This isn't just for your viewing pleasure, I really do need to feedback on how to improve it. Or if its alright, I'd like to know that.

Thankyou for for your support! Have a good new year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZGIlNS8Fjw[/youtube]

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #3370 on: December 29, 2013, 02:37:24 pm »
This is not an update

As you know I'm working on the particle systems. I feel its something that can be easily changed by opinion, and knowing me, I probably have odd views. So, in order to receive some feedback, and gain some constructive criticism, I have posted a video on youtube showing you the artillery particle effects. This isn't just for your viewing pleasure, I really do need to feedback on how to improve it. Or if its alright, I'd like to know that.

You should try making the howitzer have a separate partical section so that the howitzer explosions are wider and taller

Offline CharlieWJM

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • 1er grenadiers
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_Cpt_Charlie
« Reply #3371 on: December 29, 2013, 02:49:26 pm »
This is not an update

I think that the big howitzer should have slightly more smoke, the way it drifts off and the time it stays is great though. In my mind a big gun should have a bigger boom haha.
I think that the mortar should stay as it is, I personally really like it. Nice work!  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:51:21 pm by CharlieWJM »

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
« Reply #3372 on: December 29, 2013, 02:57:46 pm »
Spoiler
This is not an update

I think that the big howitzer should have slightly more smoke, the way it drifts off and the time it stays is great though. In my mind a big gun should have a bigger boom haha.
I think that the mortar should stay as it is, I personally really like it. Nice work!  :)
[close]
Thank you both! I do believe, that the sounds you hear in this are open to change, especially the hotitzer. Ill see what I can do for more smoke ;) And I'm with you on the more mud for the howitzer idea. Thank you again.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #3373 on: December 29, 2013, 03:01:26 pm »
Those are very good!
Also, I love that plane flying around.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #3374 on: December 29, 2013, 03:24:22 pm »
I think the smoke is nice, however most of the smoke should be coming from the breech of the gun, not the barrel. If you look at videos of the French Mle 1897 you'll see almost no smoke from the barrel, only from the breech.

On second thought, it might even be a bit much.

Spoiler
[youtube]
[/youtube]
[close]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:25:59 pm by Archduke Sven »

told that bih don't @ me