16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983210 times)

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #21 Into the Trenches! Pg158)
« Reply #2610 on: November 05, 2013, 02:02:24 am »
Is there plans for any new death animations?

Offline sovietgondor

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2611 on: November 05, 2013, 06:26:55 am »
Keep then community interested in the mod. NaS and B&I are great mods no doubt, but I feel that with only two factions, people get bored of seeing the same thing over and over. Of course Iron Europe is going to be different in every way, It's a completely different war, but the community is more motivated to play if the events are hosted properly, and content keeps reaching them.
if you look on B&I page their adding in Britain and turning it in to a Victorian Mod. Its in the Development section gonna be a great update coming out.

I already know that. I was making a point about it's release and why it seems the community slightly faded.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #2612 on: November 05, 2013, 11:08:16 am »
To the Front!
Spoiler
[close]
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 05, 2013, 04:06:21 pm »
Guys, I have a question; What do you think will help the mod to stay alive after a few weeks and to remain strong? (Realism is necessary)
Weekly events for both EU and NA players will keep the community interested in the mod. Well administrated public servers will keep people playing between events.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2614 on: November 05, 2013, 04:25:42 pm »
What I foudn that killed many of the mods that have been released are these "public Alphas". When devs release their first playable version and it has allot of problems people will play it for a few weeks as you said and leave mainly because of the problem the mod has and not come back. I think IE is taking a better route than most of the mods that have come out and waiting until they are done before releasing.

Guys, I have a question; What do you think will help the mod to stay alive after a few weeks and to remain strong? (Realism is necessary)
Weekly events for both EU and NA players will keep the community interested in the mod. Well administrated public servers will keep people playing between events.

I agree completely. One thing that has made me stop playing some of the released mods is many of them did not have well run events or servers.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
« Reply #2615 on: November 05, 2013, 04:33:25 pm »
I agree aswell, it needs to have well organised and fun events so people like the mod, and good public servers for people to play on generally and for recruitment to keep things alive.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #2616 on: November 05, 2013, 04:39:22 pm »
It will also help, I'm sure, if you don't release server files upon release of the mod, and leave all play to official servers. Regiments going off and making 100s of servers kills it to, this causes a division in the community. Only official servers for awhile, maybe base them in NA/EU/AU, two per region for public play, and two per region for events. So, 12 servers in total would work better than 100. Also, don't appoint shit tonnes of admins, and admins that have administrated on other games and mods. Pick a handful of admins for each region, maybe 3 or 4 at most.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #2617 on: November 05, 2013, 04:58:51 pm »
I totally agree with the idea off NO public alpha.

Offline Waterbeetle

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Volumed
« Reply #2618 on: November 05, 2013, 05:24:04 pm »
It will also help, I'm sure, if you don't release server files upon release of the mod, and leave all play to official servers. Regiments going off and making 100s of servers kills it to, this causes a division in the community. Only official servers for awhile, maybe base them in NA/EU/AU, two per region for public play, and two per region for events. So, 12 servers in total would work better than 100. Also, don't appoint shit tonnes of admins, and admins that have administrated on other games and mods. Pick a handful of admins for each region, maybe 3 or 4 at most.

You mean with the full release or alpha/beta release?

If you mean with the full release if have to disagree with you, you can not just keep the server files away from people for only the personal attention of the mod and the authors. Mods should be open and free for everyone.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #2619 on: November 05, 2013, 06:32:35 pm »
They still will be, but it'll keep the community together for awhile. It's not a permanent thing. Mods also die when 100s of people spam their shite servers and you have 1 or 2 people on each server. It needs to be kept close.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #2620 on: November 05, 2013, 06:58:55 pm »

If you mean with the full release if have to disagree with you, you can not just keep the server files away from people for only the personal attention of the mod and the authors. Mods should be open and free for everyone.
There ain't going to be a alpha/beta release.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #2621 on: November 05, 2013, 07:05:55 pm »

There ain't going to be a alpha/beta release.
If there is going to be an alpha/beta it'll be closed.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #2622 on: November 05, 2013, 11:31:30 pm »
I'd even say I'm cool with waiting for the Commonwealth to come into the game before release so those pesky britbongs don't have to wait and bitch. :DDDD
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #2624 on: November 06, 2013, 12:21:06 am »