16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983105 times)

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #21 Into the Trenches! Pg158)
« Reply #2310 on: October 27, 2013, 01:15:35 am »
Have you seen the detail of the updates?
They take time to make.
Ofcourse! I never questioned the quality of the work. It is really good.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #2311 on: October 27, 2013, 01:16:13 am »
Because it would take forever to make. IE has been in development with 2 factions for a year, 6 factions would be 2 more years. It's best to have a small focused mod with very high detail than a huge but sloppy mod.
Well, you have proven that you can make two factions under one month. It all comes down to how much free time you have to work on the mod.

This mod's been in development for over a year and more than half of it was dedicated to getting the French right and even now the German 1916 Stahlhelm isn't the right shape and the uniforms aren't completely finished for the Germans.

However, there is a very large community that wants to see the Commonwealth make an appearance as soon as possible and I'm sure there will be people who will make their own skins to donate to the mod very quickly... much like how there was a lot of skinning support for B&I.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 27, 2013, 01:20:26 am »
Because it would take forever to make. IE has been in development with 2 factions for a year, 6 factions would be 2 more years. It's best to have a small focused mod with very high detail than a huge but sloppy mod.
Well, you have proven that you can make two factions under one month. It all comes down to how much free time you have to work on the mod.

This mod's been in development for over a year and more than half of it was dedicated to getting the French right and even now the German 1916 Stahlhelm isn't the right shape and the uniforms aren't completely finished for the Germans.

However, there is a very large community that wants to see the Commonwealth make an appearance as soon as possible and I'm sure there will be people who will make their own skins to donate to the mod very quickly... much like how there was a lot of skinning support for B&I.
It becomes really bad when to many people texture because you can see the difference in the quality of the uniforms and that they were made by different people.

If this mod was in a physical form I would make love to it so hard.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 27, 2013, 01:23:35 am »
You do have a good point. Let's hope to a speedy release to the UK expansion and a very thorough beta testing stage to keep problems and quickfixes to a minimum.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 27, 2013, 01:54:59 am »
You do have a good point. Let's hope to a speedy release to the UK expansion and a very thorough beta testing stage to keep problems and quickfixes to a minimum.
Couldn't agree more.

Is there a cap on how many unist you can have in one faction? Otherwise you could just have UK and France in the same faction.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2315 on: October 27, 2013, 02:10:13 am »
Yeah, I really can't see any reason to focus on one year.
Why not just have the whole WW1 period. I know the history buffs might be mad but it would make it more diverse uniform wise. And every involved nationalities will be happy.
Equipment changes almost every year of the war. Having too wide a time frame would make it historically inaccurate because you'd have units/weapons/uniforms that never coexisted on the battlefield at one time. Not to mention the time.

1916 was certainly one of the more interesting years of the war. There was Jutland, the Brusilov Offensive, the Somme (which also saw the first deployment of the tank), Gallipoli and several other battles and sieges. Not to mention the fact that Italy, Romania and Bulgaria entered into the war on that year.

That said, I wouldn't mind if the module was set during mid-to-late 1917; it'd certainly allow room for our American compatriots, as well as the Battle of Passchendaele.
Mhm. This period of time covers some important battles such as Verdun, the Somme, and the Nivelle Offensive. This period is where the stereotypical view of WWI comes from. As well, it allows us to include interesting weapons such as the MG08-15 and perhaps in the future, Viven-Bessière rifle grenades and tanks. There's always room to expand to more time periods in the future.

Yup. We're quite close to release and UK should follow shortly after.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:20:20 am by Rigadoon »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #2316 on: October 27, 2013, 03:20:04 am »
I just wish that the US would be in it. Par the whole "Herp derp screw the US" stigma I know I'm gonna get for this. I'd just be fun, France, Britain and the US against Austria-Hungry, Germany and the Ottoman Empire.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 27, 2013, 03:32:48 am »
Spoiler
Why not just have the whole WW1 period. I know the history buffs might be mad but it would make it more diverse uniform wise. And every involved nationalities will be happy.
Equipment changes almost every year of the war. Having too wide a time frame would make it historically inaccurate because you'd have units/weapons/uniforms that never coexisted on the battlefield at one time. Not to mention the time.

1916 was certainly one of the more interesting years of the war. There was Jutland, the Brusilov Offensive, the Somme (which also saw the first deployment of the tank), Gallipoli and several other battles and sieges. Not to mention the fact that Italy, Romania and Bulgaria entered into the war on that year.

That said, I wouldn't mind if the module was set during mid-to-late 1917; it'd certainly allow room for our American compatriots, as well as the Battle of Passchendaele.
Mhm. This period of time covers some important battles such as Verdun, the Somme, and the Nivelle Offensive. This period is where the stereotypical view of WWI comes from. As well, it allows us to include interesting weapons such as the MG08-15 and perhaps in the future, Viven-Bessière rifle grenades and tanks. There's always room to expand to more time periods in the future.

[close]

You just made my day Rigadoon

Offline Miller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 27, 2013, 04:05:48 am »
Spoiler

[close]

You just made my day Rigadoon

ik i quoted that and put it up in my unit's steam group for all of my war starved men to read with hope  ;)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 27, 2013, 06:29:37 am »
I say only France and Germany!
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #2320 on: October 27, 2013, 06:38:12 am »
What about two factions Entente and Central Powers with units of UK, France, Russia, Italy against units of Germany, Austro-Hungarian and Ottomans?

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2321 on: October 27, 2013, 06:43:30 am »
just add commonwealth infantry to British empire and us Aussies will be happy
:D

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: October 27, 2013, 07:30:11 am »
Shut up, Milly. :P

I still stand by the Brits getting their Commonwealth buddies in their faction to keep things friendly and not overloading the game with all these different factions when there's a whole 'nother front to cover. :D Austro-Hungarians and Russians need to settle their differences too!

Also, as much as I would like to see an American unit in the game I wouldn't lose sleep from them not being in-game. We made our presence known in the last year of the war and this mod isn't set during that time. But yeah, fuk da h8rs that want to see America being excluded just because it's America.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: October 27, 2013, 07:45:31 am »
how about just america and nobody else
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #2324 on: October 27, 2013, 07:46:36 am »
how about just america and nobody else

america didnt take part in the war until late 1917, thats why.  :P