16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983197 times)

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #20 Scopes, Grenades, In-game Screens)
« Reply #1815 on: September 12, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »
Well sprints should only last for about 5-7 seconds or about 40m with a definite cooldown. It's really hard to sprint with full on battle rattle across difficult terrain and footwear designed for rough wear instead of running. Should be considered to get from shell crater to shell crater or the last push towards the enemy trench. :P

But really, I think the standard movement in NW as the light jog will be more than enough.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Humlenerd

• First Lieutenant
  • Why are you reading this and not my post?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JeanBaptiste
« Reply #1816 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:58 pm »
Let's see.... who wouldn't like to cut some germans into 2 pieces with a Lightsaber? (Forgive me Karantukki :D )

New Admin Weapon
[close]
I made the best sig for Iron Europe out of this  ;D
Spoiler
[close]
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. - Thucydides

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 13, 2013, 01:42:04 am »
But really, I think the standard movement in NW as the light jog will be more than enough.

Well Rigadoon's already stated they're planning a sprinting system as this debate was finished way back at the start of the thread as I was the one defending sprinting xD

On the sprint debate. Sprint is definitely possible, I've seen it in at least two mods. I'm not entirely sure it would work with NW's walking though but I'll have to double check on that. In any case, sprinting is really important with accurate rifles and machine guns on the battlefields so we may just replace NW's walk/jog system with jog/sprint.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1818 on: September 13, 2013, 01:51:15 am »
Warband has sprinting by default. It automatically activates when you run forward without doing anything else. I guess stamina is the important part, though.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1819 on: September 13, 2013, 09:17:56 am »
Showing the sprinting that CaseOfInsanity made for his (no longer active) mod Napoleonic Wars++ which he has allowed me to use in my mod Liberty or Death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL43EuYUIMU&feature=youtu.be

Offline sovietgondor

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 13, 2013, 02:53:54 pm »
Showing the sprinting that CaseOfInsanity made for his (no longer active) mod Napoleonic Wars++ which he has allowed me to use in my mod Liberty or Death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL43EuYUIMU&feature=youtu.be

Hmm doesn't look half bad. But I could still lead that. By the way, nice work on your mod Tom it seems to be turning out well.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #1821 on: September 13, 2013, 04:03:51 pm »
I really don't see the point of adding a sprint mechanic. In Warband, after you're character picks up speed when running, he automatically goes into a sprint mode.

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 13, 2013, 05:23:13 pm »
I really don't see the point of adding a sprint mechanic. In Warband, after you're character picks up speed when running, he automatically goes into a sprint mode.

I wouldn't call the 'jog' in Warband a 'sprint'. Unless you think Usain Bolt, world record 'sprinter' runs the same speeds as the guys in Warband, I think you may have go back and have a look xD A sprint as defined in the OED is to "run at full speed over a short distance" rather than "do the same jog you've been doing all your life only just a tincy bit faster than you used to do it".  ;D

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #1823 on: September 13, 2013, 05:44:16 pm »
The mount and blade run cannot be called a sprint, I know because I am built for speed.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #1824 on: September 13, 2013, 06:12:28 pm »

I wouldn't call the 'jog' in Warband a 'sprint'. Unless you think Usain Bolt, world record 'sprinter' runs the same speeds as the guys in Warband, I think you may have go back and have a look xD A sprint as defined in the OED is to "run at full speed over a short distance" rather than "do the same jog you've been doing all your life only just a tincy bit faster than you used to do it".  ;D

Where do you come up with these stupid arguments? Last I checked, Usain Bolt doesn't run with 40 pounds of gear on, and a 15 pound musket. Do you expect to sprint that fast, if at all, with that gear on? It's extremely tiring, and won't last long. Again, after your character picks up speed, you can clearly see it goes from a quickwalk, to a run, to a slight sprint... It does not last as a sprint either. If you turn, or stop, you have to pick up speed again, just like any human, including Usain Bolt.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 13, 2013, 07:54:10 pm »

Where do you come up with these stupid arguments? Last I checked, Usain Bolt doesn't run with 40 pounds of gear on, and a 15 pound musket. Do you expect to sprint that fast, if at all, with that gear on? It's extremely tiring, and won't last long. Again, after your character picks up speed, you can clearly see it goes from a quickwalk, to a run, to a slight sprint... It does not last as a sprint either. If you turn, or stop, you have to pick up speed again, just like any human, including Usain Bolt.

Even so, a sprint mechanic would useful for getting from cover to cover, and it would still be realistic. No matter how much equipment you're wearing, when you're in a situation like that the adrenaline basically eliminates all obstacles in your physical health and the stuff you're carrying. Granted, nobody could run a very long distance with all that stuff, but sprinting is very possible and I think it should be added.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:06:01 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #1826 on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:20 pm »
I agree to.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 13, 2013, 09:26:04 pm »

It's not a 'stupid' argument. You just imply it's stupid, many people have said after being in life threatening situations that you do get bursts of energy that people cannot explain well. If you were in WWI and I told you to take a brisk jog over no mans land and you were being shot at, are you honestly telling me you'd take a brisk jog and expect to survive about 50-100 meters of mud and muck? Or would you, quite literally 'Run for your life' because I'm pretty sure I'd leg it as fast as I possibly can to find cover or get into that trench rather than 'admire the beauty' of mud and death xD

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #1828 on: September 13, 2013, 09:56:07 pm »
Just implement a sprint system if you can...

Hell make a poll.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #1829 on: September 13, 2013, 11:17:01 pm »
There's only so much a guy can run for or even go at a light jog before he's out of breath. That's what I found funny about NW is that you just chug along in those leather shoes and gear across fields like you're at the track.

The sprint in the video looks good enough for me, especially if it has a cooldown. But I'm totally not for guys having Zulu-like running speeds like in AZW.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...