16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983104 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #20 Scopes, Grenades, In-game Screens)
« Reply #1755 on: September 10, 2013, 10:09:29 pm »
I'm relaying a compliment,

I'm stunned! Best IE update to date. I'm honoured to be a fan of you guys and I'm really proud of the IE team. You have amazed me because you have done things with M&B that I would never think be possible. I mean the shooting system including the sounds and animations are simply the best. Don't forget about the grenades and bandages aswell, f*cking amazing.  I don't think this mod gets the atention it deserves. Even if it's one of the biggest in-dev mods out there if not the biggest, you still deserve a bigger following than just the M&B. I hope alot of other people like WW1 history buffs jump on the bandwagon.  Bottom line is, I love you <3            /Oscar XI Hederlööf

Ah if only it wasn't Oscar, I'd actually agree.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1756 on: September 10, 2013, 11:10:28 pm »
Well said, Oscar. I know once this releases I'll be all over the place spreading the word.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 10, 2013, 11:14:35 pm »
Ah if only it wasn't Oscar, I'd actually agree.

Disagreeing with something because of the source is rather petty.

I agree entirely with Oscar, and I look forward to this mod with great hopes as to its quality. Everything the team has brought forth has been wonderful, top quality work.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #1758 on: September 10, 2013, 11:22:53 pm »
Yeah it's petty. And yes I agree with him in the spirit, I do have an extreme amount of hope for this mod.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #1759 on: September 10, 2013, 11:38:58 pm »
my great great grandfather was shot in the hand in WWI and he survived the entire war
He must've had the juggernaut perk then. :)
My Great-Grandfather got shot in his right arm during a skirmish in which he was manning a Vickers, in 1917.

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
« Reply #1760 on: September 10, 2013, 11:51:35 pm »
my great great grandfather was shot in the hand in WWI and he survived the entire war
My Great-Grandfather got shot in his right arm during a skirmish in which he was manning a Vickers, in 1917.
The one in de Dukes reg?  :P

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #1761 on: September 11, 2013, 12:07:15 am »
The Duke of Wellington's or the Duke of Cornwall's? I had ancestors in both, be more specific! :P

D.C.L.I = One killed fighting the Turks, other was shot in the arm. (He survived)
D.o.W's West Riding = Blown up when going over the top after an ammo dump full of Bangalore's exploded.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:10:12 am by Hawke »

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 11, 2013, 05:33:13 am »

Exactly! He didn't die or bleed out within seconds like some people think this game should be like.  :o Was he shot in the arm during an assault on his trench? Or was he just watching over the top and hit by a sniper?

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 11, 2013, 05:43:51 am »
Adding to the point of people not dying instantly, in the D-Day invasion the great Canadian hero James Doohan was friendly fired four times in the leg, once in the chest, and once in the hand, which blew off a finger. He then lived to play Scotty in Star trek.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #1764 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:03 am »
Adding to the point of people not dying instantly, in the D-Day invasion the great Canadian hero James Doohan was friendly fired four times in the leg, once in the chest, and once in the hand, which blew off a finger. He then lived to play Scotty in Star trek.
The point people are trying to make is that any of these wounds would be incapacitating. You'd survive, but you wouldn't be able to fight. In video games, that means dead.

I'm relaying a compliment,

I'm stunned! Best IE update to date. I'm honoured to be a fan of you guys and I'm really proud of the IE team. You have amazed me because you have done things with M&B that I would never think be possible. I mean the shooting system including the sounds and animations are simply the best. Don't forget about the grenades and bandages aswell, f*cking amazing.  I don't think this mod gets the atention it deserves. Even if it's one of the biggest in-dev mods out there if not the biggest, you still deserve a bigger following than just the M&B. I hope alot of other people like WW1 history buffs jump on the bandwagon.  Bottom line is, I love you <3            /Oscar XI Hederlööf

Aww. <3 I read both forums by the way, so you don't need to worry about me missing your message if you left it on our TW thread.

Seriously guys, thanks so much for the compliments. I can't respond to all of them individually, but it really is much appreciated. I hope you guys continue to spread the word, letting more people know of IE so we can have a larger community when we release.  ;)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 11, 2013, 12:54:28 pm »
The point people are trying to make is that any of these wounds would be incapacitating. You'd survive, but you wouldn't be able to fight. In video games, that means dead.

Good point.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline sovietgondor

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1766 on: September 11, 2013, 02:05:00 pm »

I had a Great Uncle that served in the 2nd Construction Battalion. He also got to see action at Vimy, which really surprised me. 

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #1767 on: September 11, 2013, 02:43:41 pm »
I'll just leave this here, for sake of feels & 'vid related'.

http://Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUeAqCClk_k

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 11, 2013, 09:22:01 pm »

Not necessarily, look at Arma 2, you can get shot in the thigh and fall on the floor and can't move unless you heal yourself or get healed. You don't go 'Argh my foot! I have to die now, goodbye cruel world!" xD

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #1769 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:31 pm »

Not necessarily, look at Arma 2, you can get shot in the thigh and fall on the floor and can't move unless you heal yourself or get healed. You don't go 'Argh my foot! I have to die now, goodbye cruel world!" xD

Bullets in Arma are also a lot smaller.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story