Author Topic: European Mixed Infantry and Cavalry Groupfighting Tournament  (Read 10069 times)

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
  • Side: Neutral
Re: European Mixed Infantry and Cavalry Groupfighting Tournament
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2021, 01:15:50 pm »
Spoiler
I mean two tournaments were announced before yours on that day already, that's a good enough reason to simply not host it on that day. Even Python's one includes 30 players and that's the majority of the 'best' players. Hosting a tournament without those would lose you a lot of teams as well as any real competition. Your tournament would be practically worthless. Regardless of moving it one day or not the amount people that complain about tournament spam at the moment and you are considering doing two in one weekend. You should just be logical and actually move it.

The tournament on the 14th hasn’t even been announced from what I know, ik the host planned to host it then but by that argument, because I had started making the thread 2 days ago I had planned it before. I would totally do what you propose if he had gotten his thread up first but it’s not up now, a whole day after so it was clearly decided they were gonna host one yesterday by a small group of people. Pythons tournament effects 30 people, which I would estimate less than 10 people care about the tournament spam. The frenchies defs dont seeing as 2 teams of them have asked me to move it due to the french tournament on the same day and not coz of pythons or the other tournament.
I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed Smylie but I think you're missing the point. You're hosting a tournament in a format that we've only ever seen once before, so realistically you want to maximise the amount of people coming to see if you improve the format and if it can be used in the future. Not only that but it's likely everyone will want to try and attend since it is something different so organising it on a day where another tournament is already organised is plain stupidity.

In relation to organising it on a Saturday I doubt many people are against the day but do people really want to be sat on a server for 3 hours+ two days in a row for a 'tournament'. I highly doubt there is anyone, even the Frenchies that would prefer that to having 1 tournament at most a week.

EDIT: Furthermore I don't see why you're so obsessed with doing it on a certain weekend with such short notice?

I want to do it on such short notice because now that i know that there are 3 tournaments, 2 of which impact a tiny percentage of the player base, i would have to postpone it for a month, oh and EGS will end up tryna coup it just so they can fit their monthly tournament in and if they don't do that then there will still be tournament spam seeing as theyll host it on like the 21st, meaning 3 tournaments in a row.

If a wide range of people complain about the date i will change it, i encourage people to message me on steam just to see how many people are against it.

P.S. rather than insulting me, i'd look at what happened in MRGL and then you'll know who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed :)
[close]
I mean we could look at anything you've hosted if you want to stoop to specific insults, but I don't think I need to remind people of your hosting abilities. There is nothing but negative points in the argument to keep it on the same weekend as 2 other tournaments. You will be the first person in the last two years stupid enough to host two tournaments on one weekend. Even if there has been spam no one has been incompetent enough to actually do that. So I guess you really are the next level of special.

Not sure about that one chief, there have definitely been international tournaments hosted on the same day as nation specific ones and there have been more casual tournaments hosted in the comp community on the same day, and countless more on the same weekend. It is not like i am hosting the tournament on the same day as a 5v5 tournament open to the whole inf community with a prize pool. All of your arguments are based on the want of a specific group of people. Lets face it, if python and voluble weren't planning on hosting tournaments either side of mine, you wouldn't at all care that there is a small french tournament going on then aswell.
I've delayed my own tournaments for German/French tournaments before in the past. I don't care about the fact there is a tournament weekly, I care specifically about the fact there are two in a week. As I'm 99% sure that the vast majority of the community would prefer we don't have two in one weekend.
so if i moved it to the 21st absolutely no one would complain about it and i can just host my tournament in peace?

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2021, 01:20:56 pm »
I'd complain about it because there are horses in the format.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2021, 01:21:31 pm »
Spoiler
I mean two tournaments were announced before yours on that day already, that's a good enough reason to simply not host it on that day. Even Python's one includes 30 players and that's the majority of the 'best' players. Hosting a tournament without those would lose you a lot of teams as well as any real competition. Your tournament would be practically worthless. Regardless of moving it one day or not the amount people that complain about tournament spam at the moment and you are considering doing two in one weekend. You should just be logical and actually move it.

The tournament on the 14th hasn’t even been announced from what I know, ik the host planned to host it then but by that argument, because I had started making the thread 2 days ago I had planned it before. I would totally do what you propose if he had gotten his thread up first but it’s not up now, a whole day after so it was clearly decided they were gonna host one yesterday by a small group of people. Pythons tournament effects 30 people, which I would estimate less than 10 people care about the tournament spam. The frenchies defs dont seeing as 2 teams of them have asked me to move it due to the french tournament on the same day and not coz of pythons or the other tournament.
I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed Smylie but I think you're missing the point. You're hosting a tournament in a format that we've only ever seen once before, so realistically you want to maximise the amount of people coming to see if you improve the format and if it can be used in the future. Not only that but it's likely everyone will want to try and attend since it is something different so organising it on a day where another tournament is already organised is plain stupidity.

In relation to organising it on a Saturday I doubt many people are against the day but do people really want to be sat on a server for 3 hours+ two days in a row for a 'tournament'. I highly doubt there is anyone, even the Frenchies that would prefer that to having 1 tournament at most a week.

EDIT: Furthermore I don't see why you're so obsessed with doing it on a certain weekend with such short notice?

I want to do it on such short notice because now that i know that there are 3 tournaments, 2 of which impact a tiny percentage of the player base, i would have to postpone it for a month, oh and EGS will end up tryna coup it just so they can fit their monthly tournament in and if they don't do that then there will still be tournament spam seeing as theyll host it on like the 21st, meaning 3 tournaments in a row.

If a wide range of people complain about the date i will change it, i encourage people to message me on steam just to see how many people are against it.

P.S. rather than insulting me, i'd look at what happened in MRGL and then you'll know who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed :)
[close]
I mean we could look at anything you've hosted if you want to stoop to specific insults, but I don't think I need to remind people of your hosting abilities. There is nothing but negative points in the argument to keep it on the same weekend as 2 other tournaments. You will be the first person in the last two years stupid enough to host two tournaments on one weekend. Even if there has been spam no one has been incompetent enough to actually do that. So I guess you really are the next level of special.

Not sure about that one chief, there have definitely been international tournaments hosted on the same day as nation specific ones and there have been more casual tournaments hosted in the comp community on the same day, and countless more on the same weekend. It is not like i am hosting the tournament on the same day as a 5v5 tournament open to the whole inf community with a prize pool. All of your arguments are based on the want of a specific group of people. Lets face it, if python and voluble weren't planning on hosting tournaments either side of mine, you wouldn't at all care that there is a small french tournament going on then aswell.
I've delayed my own tournaments for German/French tournaments before in the past. I don't care about the fact there is a tournament weekly, I care specifically about the fact there are two in a week. As I'm 99% sure that the vast majority of the community would prefer we don't have two in one weekend.
so if i moved it to the 21st absolutely no one would complain about it and i can just host my tournament in peace?
As far as I can see nothing is announced then so I don't see why that would cause any problems, if people are reserving dates without posting an actual thread then I don't see who'd 'back' their side.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2021, 01:23:26 pm »
Wait the invitational isnt this sunday?

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2021, 01:24:09 pm »
Nah it is apparently I was told the wrong thing originally fam.

It's just the Frenchies one this weekend.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2021, 02:39:01 pm »

That's a weird way of writing "sorry Smylie"
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2021, 03:07:59 pm »

"Sorry" is not in Herishey's vocabulary, sorry.

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2021, 03:16:59 pm »
Due to the french tournament, im moving it back 1 week to the 14th and voluble will move his back a week aswell :)

Offline OuRaNos

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OuRaNos
  • Side: Union
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2021, 04:15:21 pm »
Team Name: Monaco National Team
Captain's Steam (Link required): https://steamcommunity.com/id/OuRaNosCS/
Co-Captain's Steam (Link required): soon
Roster (ID of each player | 8 minimum - 10 maximum):
- OuRaNos (Ranieri Grimaldi)
- ZarK (Charles Leclerc)
- GONTANK_bonheur (Princesse Stéphanie de Monaco)
- Isaac_Blixen (Charles Pathé)
- Hearthland (Charlotte_De_Monaco)
- John Doe (Grace Kelly)
- Law (Le chauve de Monaco)
- Gimli (X)
- Ingram (X)

More to come

Do you accept the rules?: Yes
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 01:46:10 pm by OuRaNos »
Currently: SdtV Dans Le IVe_45e
Previous: Brg/GrdH Dans Le 1er_Huss - CvlE Dans Le 3e_Huss - CvlE Dans Le 2e_Huss - BrgF/Adj Dans Le 9e_Huss - SgtMaj Dans La 7eBrigade - Trmp Dans Le 1erRH - FlqP Dans Le 7eFlq - Gnd Dans Le 16eJG - SoPV Dans Le 31e_Volt

Offline Remao

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2021, 04:38:34 pm »
I added the timer of 1 minute per kill when you are dismounted and there are no other cav in a 1vX :)

I said 1min30  ::)

But thx, this rule makes this tournament more enjoyable to cav player.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2021, 06:24:15 pm »

I actually said sorry on Steam and helped him work out a good date. So I think I helped!!!

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2021, 08:11:01 pm »

I actually said sorry on Steam and helped him work out a good date. So I think I helped!!!

Well done, Forum Moderator.

Offline LaSalle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2021, 08:19:31 pm »
FREE AGENT :
I'm a tier 2 cav player, I'm in the French national team (WORLD CUP WINNERS LETS GO) and I'm beautiful IRL. I am recognized as the best horseman in history and I'm good at duels(I beat maximou)
Steam profile : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993986619/
GUID : 428325

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:21:42 pm by LaSalle »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2021, 08:29:15 pm »
STUPID TOURNAMENT STUPID HOST STUPID GAME
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2021, 09:06:17 pm »
STUPID TOURNAMENT STUPID HOST STUPID GAME
ahem mr kOrE