Author Topic: Which nations are the worst at fighting wars?  (Read 94142 times)

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Which nations are the worst at fighting wars?
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2015, 03:53:58 am »
5 Belgium
4 Sweden
3 Romania
2 Argentina
1 Austria

Why Argentina? They only ever lost two wars, the latter which they almost won. Belgium? Sweden? Romania This entire list doesn't make sense
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2015, 06:17:59 pm »
1) Any country in Africa  8)
<3

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2015, 11:45:29 pm »
If you put France in your list, you are stupid. It took basically every wolrd superpower and even lesser nations all working together to defeat France and Napoleon. Not to mention France won the 100 years war, and countless other wars in history.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2015, 12:28:32 am »
If you put France in your list, you are stupid. It took basically every wolrd superpower and even lesser nations all working together to defeat France and Napoleon. Not to mention France won the 100 years war, and countless other wars in history.
Like Sweden and Austria. But these people are from America.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2015, 12:33:22 am »

What is your obsession with America? Do you honestly believe people from one country can be dumber than those from another? More importantly, do you honestly and truly see yourself as more intelligent than the average American?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:35:56 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2015, 12:35:12 am »
I just watched Patton, the 1970 film about ya know...Patton. He says at one point in is introductory monologue: "America has never and will never lose a war". I always find it funny that if that screenplay was written like 5 years later, that line would be something around: "America has never--okay, well yeah Vietnam's over but I swear we will never lose another one...I hope"

I never understood the American obsession and admiration of General Patton. He was a glory-hunting dickhead who beat his own men and threw temper tantrums when he didn't get his way. My great grandfather fought in Bastogne under Patton and could vouch for that if he wasn't dead

What is your obsession with America?
It's the best country ever, that's the obsession
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2015, 12:40:54 am »

What is your obsession with America? Do you honestly believe people from one country can be dumber than those from another? More importantly, do you honestly and truly see yourself as more intelligent than the average American?
I never said that. But I like the way your mind works.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2015, 12:41:56 am »
That passive-aggressiveness. I asked you two questions, friend. There was nothing more to it.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2015, 12:47:35 am »
No, I don't belive that. Every human on earth has nearly the same mental qualifications.

I just like to provocate simillar to a lot of people in this thread which obviously did not achieve to create an adequate discussion about the topic.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2015, 12:55:00 am »
People aren't taking the topic seriously because there isn't much to discuss here. Almost every nation on earth has a wikipedia page dedicated to their military history. If we wanted to, we could just look it up and find a list complied by people knowledgeable in the subject. However, seeing as this is a forum dedicated to entertainment, it's far more fun to shitpost and propagate stereotypes and tropes about nations which generally aren't true, hence the France, Italy and Austria bashing. Americans like bashing France because it's hilarious. The French are infinitely arrogant towards Americans and most Americans don't care whatsoever. We know the military history of France doesn't begin and end with WW2. But I'll be damned if it isn't funny. Italy is funny because they fucked up with Hitler, changed sides, and then continued to fuck up. Who cares what they've done throughout history because we can sit here and laugh all day without getting to any other subject. It's the same with anything else. Taking American banter seriously is like taking offense to a 'yo mama' joke. It's just based around being silly. This is why it annoys me when Europeans get up in arms about Americans getting facts wrong and joking around about European history. It just makes you look uptight and insecure. Get over it, nothing we say can change history. Might as well shoot the shit.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2015, 12:55:07 am »

Napoleon wasn't even French. He's Italian, he was born Napoleone di Buonaparte LOL

The only time the French were able to do well in war was when they were led by an Italian. Rofl
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2015, 01:10:25 am »

Napoleon wasn't even French. He's Italian, he was born Napoleone di Buonaparte LOL

The only time the French were able to do well in war was when they were led by an Italian. Rofl
Corsican. Sounds like nitpicking, but it's not. Corsicans at the time were greatly dedicated to having their own nationality and had become such a problem for their actual Italian rulers they were sold off to France. Up until around Napoleon's Italian campaign, he strongly identified as a Corsican nationalist but after the leader of a Corsican insurrection named Paoli refused to cooperate with him, Napoleon's years of training in France finally just led him to identify as a good revolutionary French patriot.

So by the time Napoleon became the greatest conqueror, he was throughly French.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2015, 01:17:43 am »

He was hardly Italian. He was born Corsican, descended from Italian nobility, and raised French for a good portion of his life. He was sent to a religious school in mainland France at age 10 to learn French. Corsica was under French rule when Napoleon was born as well.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2015, 01:43:14 am »
So... he wasn't French. That's my point. His family was from Florentine. Therefore, France is bad at wars  8)
9-11 Coaster.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2015, 01:55:38 am »
So... he wasn't French. That's my point. His family was from Florentine. Therefore, France is bad at wars  8)

No. Napoleon identified as French and was trained in the art of war in a French military school but I guess that's irrelevant to the constant need by many Americans to French-bash
Fuck off, Nazi scum