Poll

SHALL WE DO THE BRITISH ARMY, OR THE R.U.C?

R.U.C
2 (13.3%)
The British Army
13 (86.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: A Nation Divided [The Troubles.]  (Read 33566 times)

Offline pod455

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Padraig
  • Side: Neutral
Re: A Nation Divided [The Troubles.]
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »
Also, Ireland was a nation already so its not a nation divided.

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
  • I put my ex-positions here for my inflated ego.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 09:05:54 pm »
If its about the attack's in belfast, Ireland, i dont think it should be called "A nation divided"

This is why the mod should not be made. Considering its about Northern Ireland being divided the name is suitable, it has nothing to do with "Ireland" or to what you are referring too. Making a mod based on something that is still quite sensitive is why its a stupid idea. It also stupid making a mod based on terrorists, who murdered thousands.

Bear in mind, the number of people that died in the Napoleonic Wars. And also, many people have brought up the fact that it is a sensitive issue, which is why, I personally, am trying to make the mod historically accurate, a the fact is both sides did horrific things.

That is quite a stupid comparison if you could call it that. Napoleonic Wars for a start...was 200+ years ago, who the hell would have powerful emotions about it? Second, it was a war. The "troubles" was nothing more than terrorism. Finally you can't make shit historically factual considering nobody knows the facts. I live here, I have an ALevel qualification in the god damn thing. I know what I am talking about. Your statements about the mod only goes to highlight the fact you have no idea what you are talking about.

In light of this, I have decided to sport a new signature.

Code
[center][url=http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5103/dbaa86b989c2ccc0b9e178f.png][img]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2788/99051643.png[/img][/url][/center]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:09:47 pm by Greenbeard »
I don't give a fuck about what you admin.

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Daniel
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 09:09:12 pm »
question for LeCalum, where do you live?

Offline Slawtering

• Second Lieutenant
  • For Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Slawtering
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 09:17:44 pm »
I gather somewhere in Ireland on a hunch I'm going Northern Ireland.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »
Spoiler
If its about the attack's in belfast, Ireland, i dont think it should be called "A nation divided"

This is why the mod should not be made. Considering its about Northern Ireland being divided the name is suitable, it has nothing to do with "Ireland" or to what you are referring too. Making a mod based on something that is still quite sensitive is why its a stupid idea. It also stupid making a mod based on terrorists, who murdered thousands.

Bear in mind, the number of people that died in the Napoleonic Wars. And also, many people have brought up the fact that it is a sensitive issue, which is why, I personally, am trying to make the mod historically accurate, a the fact is both sides did horrific things.

That is quite a stupid comparison if you could call it that. Napoleonic Wars for a start...was 200+ years ago, who the hell would have powerful emotions about it? Second, it was a war. The "troubles" was nothing more than terrorism. Finally you can't make shit historically factual considering nobody knows the facts. I live here, I have an ALevel qualification in the god damn thing. I know what I am talking about. Your statements about the mod only goes to highlight the fact you have no idea what you are talking about.

"Who the hell would have powerful emotions for it?" The fact that it was 200+ years ago doesn't mean that there isn't a degree of tragedy, or extreme loss of life. Your terrorism argument, I will grant you, even if it still doesn't mean blood wasn't shed. And no-one knows the facts? You aren't the only one that lives here. I can clearly recall stories of when I had to get evacuated from my school because of bomb threats, and not to mention the loss of life I have seen the effects of. Just because you have an A levels in History, doesn't mean that you know everything about the Troubles.
(Oh and by the way, my statement that both sides did horrible things is historical fact. Dozens of events from the time go to prove it.)
[close]

Totally different situation. Not even similar. Its got nothing to do with the numbers, really, its the way it was done. A war is much different to 30+ years of terrorism. People checking under their cars in the morning just because they believed in a political union or not. Just because they where part of a justice systems. Slaughtered in their homes, slaughtered on the way to or from work. Is nothing like signing up to the army, getting paid, fighting in a war with rules of engagement. Not to mention, once again the time difference.

Yes NOBODY knows the facts. Lets take Bloody Sunday. Tell me, how on earth are you going to "tell the facts of that"? Considering their are several conflicting sides to the story. By having an ALevel in history, which studied early IRA and later, yes I know what I am talking about in regards to facts, considering the amount of conflicting stories. Tell me, has your family been murdered? Has your family been terrorized? Why the fuck would you want to play it out? Considering people are still being murdered in cold blood to this day.

Mind blowing to say the least, particularly if you say you live here and where about when things where proper bad. As for Greenbeard, meh, hes Greenbeard, should say it all.

Also. What?

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:35 pm »
Spoiler

"Who the hell would have powerful emotions for it?" The fact that it was 200+ years ago doesn't mean that there isn't a degree of tragedy, or extreme loss of life. Your terrorism argument, I will grant you, even if it still doesn't mean blood wasn't shed. And no-one knows the facts? You aren't the only one that lives here. I can clearly recall stories of when I had to get evacuated from my school because of bomb threats, and not to mention the loss of life I have seen the effects of. Just because you have an A levels in History, doesn't mean that you know everything about the Troubles.
(Oh and by the way, my statement that both sides did horrible things is historical fact. Dozens of events from the time go to prove it.)
[close]

Totally different situation. Not even similar. Its got nothing to do with the numbers, really, its the way it was done. A war is much different to 30+ years of terrorism. People checking under their cars in the morning just because they believed in a political union or not. Just because they where part of a justice systems. Slaughtered in their homes, slaughtered on the way to or from work. Is nothing like signing up to the army, getting paid, fighting in a war with rules of engagement. Not to mention, once again the time difference.

Yes NOBODY knows the facts. Lets take Bloody Sunday. Tell me, how on earth are you going to "tell the facts of that"? Considering their are several conflicting sides to the story. By having an ALevel in history, which studied early IRA and later, yes I know what I am talking about in regards to facts, considering the amount of conflicting stories. Tell me, has your family been murdered? Has your family been terrorized? Why the fuck would you want to play it out? Considering people are still being murdered in cold blood to this day.

Mind blowing to say the least, particularly if you say you live here and where about when things where proper bad. As for Greenbeard, meh, hes Greenbeard, should say it all.

Also. What?

Wow, I take great offense to that. You're discriminating against me because I don't have an A-Level yet.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 10:09:07 pm »
As much as I agree with Pride on some things. That is hilarious.

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 10:12:32 pm »
As much as I agree with Pride on some things. That is hilarious.

YES, A MEMBER TO THE CAUSE.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 10:18:26 pm »
I really don't see this as being a good idea... Could we stick with a Star Wars mod or something?  :P

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 10:25:44 pm »
Wow, I take great offense to that. You're discriminating against me because I don't have an A-Level yet.

Ah you're below 18/17. Not surprised, bit ironic though since you are consistently calling people kids and trolling.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 10:30:35 pm »

Ah you're below 18/17. Not surprised, bit ironic though since you are consistently calling people kids and trolling.

Offline Bluehawk

• Sergeant Major
  • чекмень - шаровары - шашка
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 10:34:16 pm »

The Republic of Ireland was a nation-state, but it did not have sovereign control over the entire Irish nation (or island), so the Irish nation was divided between polities. Not to mention the other dimension of division between Catholics and Protestants.

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 11:29:53 pm »

In light of this, I have decided to sport a new signature.

Code
[center][url=http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5103/dbaa86b989c2ccc0b9e178f.png][img]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2788/99051643.png[/img][/url][/center]

This. So much this.
Anyway, the last I'll say on this whole debate is: "That's just, like, your opinion, man." Truly, the Dude provides words to live by.
I'll continue to make the mod, if you don't support it, I see why, just try and keep the huge massive arguments to a minimum.

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 11:31:06 pm »

Woah now, here we go again. The discrimination is incredible.

I just love to piss off this community since it does seem to be comprised mostly of easily trolled people. Yourself included apparently.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:39:16 pm by Greenbeard »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 11:39:51 pm »
As much as I love to join the rant, especially versus Greenbeard, I'm going to simpy say that there's no actual rule againt making a mod about such a delicate subject. He's in full right to make a mod about this as long as he doesn't discriminate either side.

That being sad, making a game about something which has recently lead to violant riots again, may not be a good idea for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:41:31 pm by Duuring »